Mar 30, 2005
✟19,311.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
wow 3 people in Nor Cal!! lol....

i live by Pier 39.....the embarcadero area

When I lived in Antioch, an old CCC friend would come up from LA once in a while and we'd take BART over to the city and wander around all day and half the night. (Until the last BART train left for the East Bay!)

About a block or so away from the Montgomery Street station (I think it was NW of the station), there was a cafe that had a wide selection of beers from around the world and exotic meats on the menu, such as elk chili and bison burgers. I can't remember the name of the place. Do you know the place? Is it still there? That was a great place!!

Upvote 0

GrinningDwarf

Just a humble servant
Mar 30, 2005
✟19,311.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Dunno why not - Pittsburg's generally considered east bay. Same with Brentwood and all that.

We have a friend up here whose daughter lives in Oakland. She was visiting a few years ago and when we were talking I mentioned that I was from the east Bay, too. She perked up and asked where. When I said "Antioch", she seemed confused and then just said "Oh. I guess I've never really considered that East Bay."

Since then, I've done some thinking. IMHO, most people in Antioch are focused on the Bay Area. They watch the SF TV stations; listen to the SF radio stations; after the Contra Costa Times, they probably read the San Francisco Chronicle; when they commute to work, they head west in the morning and east in the evening. They probably consider themselves East Bay.

But there are others who are more focused on Sacramento or Stockton. They watch channels 3, 31, and 44 out of Sacramento/Stockton; they listen to the Valley radio stations; after the CC Times, they read the Sacramento Bee or the Stockton Record; when they commute to work, they head east in the morning and west in the evening. I would bet that these people consider themselves to be 'Delta' people as opposed to 'East Bay'.

Just one man's opinion. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

justanobserver

Still Wondering...
Oct 26, 2005
✟17,559.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
GrinningDwarf said:
But there are others who are more focused on Sacramento or Stockton. They watch channels 3, 31, and 44 out of Sacramento/Stockton; they listen to the Valley radio stations; after the CC Times, they read the Sacramento Bee or the Stockton Record; when they commute to work, they head east in the morning and west in the evening. I would bet that these people consider themselves to be 'Delta' people as opposed to 'East Bay'.

Just one man's opinion. :D

Well, I live here in Manteca ("Tikky Town", "Mantweeker") and although the Delta is about a 20 minute drive north (Whiskey Slough) or west (little marinas dotting the Bryon Highway to Discovery Bay) most times I hear us referred to as "from the valley" more so than East Bay although I would prefer "Delta folks" - since it would give some feeling of outdoors and less of city.

I think unofficially the term "East Bay" defination ends at the Altamont Pass although with all the construction over here due to the migration of the Bay area to the valley, we are getting classified as "East Bay" (or Far East Bay I heard recently).

Upvote 0

elanor

Reunite Gondwanaland!
Nov 9, 2003
Left Coast
Visit site
✟16,184.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Sacramento neighbor, here. :wave: I lived in SF for seven years.

How are all you guys doing with the commute headaches today? What a nightmare! Thank the Lord no one was killed in that freeway fire and collapse!

I think of the Concord/Antioch area as the outer edge of East Bay, but yeah, it's still East Bay.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.