non-denominational church

Status
Not open for further replies.

liggy

Apr 10, 2006
✟15,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Can anyone tell me what the difference between Assemblies of God/Pentecostal church and a non-denominational church?
I attended an Assemblies of God church this past weekend and I am considering it being my home church for me and my family... I've always attended non-denominational churches so ....I don’t really want to join a denomination. The pastor at the AG church said that the beliefs and style of worship are the same as of a non-denominational church. Is this true???

bithiah2

Jah is my strength and song!
Jun 12, 2006
metro
✟18,764.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Can anyone tell me what the difference between Assemblies of God/Pentecostal church and a non-denominational church?
I attended an Assemblies of God church this past weekend and I am considering it being my home church for me and my family... I've always attended non-denominational churches so ....I don’t really want to join a denomination. The pastor at the AG church said that the beliefs and style of worship are the same as of a non-denominational church. Is this true???

a church that is non-denominational generally refers to a church that does not belong to an organized group of churches such as Baptist, Methodist, Church of God in Christ, Foursquare, etc. it does not matter as long as they believe in the Bible as God's Word and that Jesus is the way to God. many churches believe the same thing as the church you name, but choose not to or are not led to join an organization. it does not matter about all of that. some say it is better to be part of an organization because they offer help to the churches they lead. i don't know...it all depends on how God is leading the Pastor. the best thing to always do is to pray and let God lead you to the church of His choice, and He will never lead you wrong. i have been attending my church for a year, and it is exactly what i need for my life right now. i am so glad that i allowed God to lead me there.:bow:
blessings
bithiah2
:groupray:

Upvote 0

okieray

Dec 30, 2006
sallisaw,oklahoma
✟15,620.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
non denominational churches are fine and are growing group of churches, i too attend an assembley of god church and i just love it! i`ll tell you a few good things about the assembley, we support many missionarys here at home in the U.S. as well in the rest of the world. they recieve enough funding so that when they start a new out reach it stays open and we keep people in field as people retire or move to a new mission. over in kenya our mission people not only have a college to teach the word also prepare students to minister new churches. we are opening a new church every day in kenya! the north east part of kenya is under moslem control, we have been invited to drill water wells and build the first non moslem out reach center in the area! this is just one small part of the aog mission field. over here at home we have several colleges that are part of the assembley, we not only prepare people to minister here and over the world we also prepare folks to go right into the work force. we also get our sunday school materials from the head office in springfield mo. its all researched and lead by the holy spirit. here in our local assembley we have a great youth program, we also have a scout program for our little girls and boys, its called missionetts and rangers. its a great out reach to childern in the area. we also have a weekly magizene its called = today`s pentecostal evangel, its great to read in your spare time. if you would like more info go to the national web site, its full of info. some thing else i`ve found about the assembley, the people are friendly and down to earth, they love jesus and are filled with the holy spirit

Upvote 0

Godslilgurlalways

I am a Child of the King:)
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2005
Earth now heaven later
✟67,365.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I use to go to a pentecostal church now I go to a non-demonational if you ask me nothing has changed at all. When people ask me what religion I am I sometimes say pentesoctal and sometimes I say non-denominational. But I know all non-demonational church aren't all the same but if you ask me I will tell you that I am pentecostal as well as non-denominational.To me it's all the same.

Upvote 0

Solidlyhere

May 6, 2007
near San Francisco
✟17,619.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Find a Church where they glorify God the way you want them to.

I am a full-Gospel kind of guy.
I can find that at several Denominations (inc., Assemblies of God).
I can find that at several non-Denominational Churches.

They are ALL Christian.
So, as far as I'm concerned, they are all OK for me to attend.

Most Churches are run by the Pastor (no matter what their Denomination actually is).
So, find the Pastor with the message you want to learn.
He will spend years, teaching you his "brand" of Christianity.

Upvote 0

Godslilgurlalways

I am a Child of the King:)
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2005
Earth now heaven later
✟67,365.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I consider myself both nondenominational and pentecostal. I'm not anti denominational, but I just can't see a council telling me what I can and can't preach. I know not all denominations do this but some are controlling.
"I consider myself both nondenominational and pentecostal"

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.