✟584.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Honeycomb,

The Local flood only effected the Eretz = Noahs local land.

It sounds to me that we will never agree on this particular belief. It sounds like there is no way for us to agree with each other.......I am sorry this is something we will never agree on. Until we know the truth then it will all become clear.

God Bless you!
Sayci :)

Upvote 0

Honeycomb

Mar 25, 2002
Santa Barbara Ca
Visit site
✟284.00
Faith
Protestant
Local flood of Noah's day. :pink:

Of the 205 instance of kol erets in the Old Testament, it might refer to the entire planet just 40 times, and even some of those are questionable.

About half of those instance occur in the books of Psalms and Isaiah.

There is a Hebrew word that always refers to the entire earth or the entire inhabited earth. The word is tebel (Strong's H8398), which is found 37 times in the Old Testament.

Curiously, this word is never used to describe the flood of Noah's day, although it is used extensively to describe the creation of the earth and the judgment of the peoples of the earth.

Have a great day :wave: :pink: :clap: :pink:
Peace & God bless

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you still subscribe to the universality of the Flood, you have a lot of explaining to do.
If the Flood was just a local one --- why was Noah aboard the Ark for a year and ten days?

Upvote 0
T

Tenka

honeycomb said:
If you still subscribe to the universality of the Flood, you have a lot of explaining to do.
I appreciate what you're trying to do, but, You also have a lot of explaining to do.
If it was only a local flood, Noah would only have had to walk out of the valley. It is said he spent 100 years building an enormous vessel and stocking it with everything...to survive a local flood? Doesn't make any sense.

Upvote 0

atomweaver

Nov 3, 2006
"Flat Raccoon", Connecticut
✟10,391.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
I appreciate what you're trying to do, but, You also have a lot of explaining to do.
If it was only a local flood, Noah would only have had to walk out of the valley. It is said he spent 100 years building an enormous vessel and stocking it with everything...to survive a local flood? Doesn't make any sense.

he's not saying it was "local" in the sense of "who are the people in your neighborhood". He's saying the word used to describe the scope of the flood doesn't mean "global" but rather regional. I get the impression that he thinks the flood was, say, a regional flood on the scale of what followed after hurricane Katrina; bigger than one valley, smaller than the whole planet.

Upvote 0

Hespera

Dec 16, 2008
usa
✟8,850.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
Mt. Ararat is 16,500 feet above sea level. Q. If Mt. Ararat is under water, how deep is the water in New Orleans?

Local that!

Funny. Dont you have to put Mt Everest under 20 ft of water too?
Or no, all the mountains lurched up AFTER the "flood" water went down?

Why dont you figure out how many million cubic miles of extra water it would take to cover the entire earth to a depth great enough to cover Mt Everest?

Would be a whole lot easier to learn not to take everything so seriously.

Upvote 0

LifeToTheFullest!

May 12, 2004
✟6,295.00
Faith
Agnostic
Mt. Ararat is 16,500 feet above sea level. Q. If Mt. Ararat is under water, how deep is the water in New Orleans?

Local that!
Clue phone rings... Whats that? Mt. Ararat was named after the OT was written, and the Mountains of Ararat are East of Shinar (modern day Iraq). You mean Mt. Ararat in Turkey is not the Mts. of Ararat mentioned in the flood story?

Christians should really know their bible better.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hespera

Dec 16, 2008
usa
✟8,850.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
Clue phone rings... Whats that? Mt. Ararat was named after the OT was written, and the Mountains of Ararat are East of Shinar (modern day Iraq). You mean Mt. Ararat in Turkey is not the Mts. of Ararat mentioned in the flood story?

This stuff IS funny! Taking it seriously sometimes makes it even funnier.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

That guy called me too, and I asked him if he realized the earth was one single supercontinent at the time --- and he hung up on me.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sorry --- I keep forgetting that knowledge has a short shelf-life with you guys.

Today's information is tomorrow's lore.

No it has more to do with forum etiquette , but you go ahead and believe what ever fairy tails you wish to about me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well just for starters.

Netiquette - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bump_(Internet)
Netiquette

Thread bumping is commonly considered a breach of netiquette and some moderated forums forbid it. Users may get around that by posting what is ostensibly a genuine reply. Sometimes this will mockingly contain the word "bump" in it, such as "Wandering the forum, he bumps into this thread...", or be a trivial question or response such as "Anyone?" Bumping old or inactive ("dead") threads is occasionally called "necroposting" or "thread necromancy", and the bumped posts referred to as "frankenposts". "Dead" threads that are reawakened are often called "thread necros". People who resurrect old threads are often called "threadomancers". On some boards, bumping a new thread with no replies in order to elicit a response is tolerated, but resurrecting an old thread that has run its course and has been inactive for a period of time (usually anywhere from a few days to a month) is prohibited. The acceptable practice is usually to start a new thread and link to the old thread so that readers can become familiar with the background information.

But etiquette is normally something Learned from a social structure and or parents.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well just for starters.

Netiquette - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bump_(Internet)
Netiquette

Thread bumping is commonly considered a breach of netiquette and some moderated forums forbid it. Users may get around that by posting what is ostensibly a genuine reply. Sometimes this will mockingly contain the word "bump" in it, such as "Wandering the forum, he bumps into this thread...", or be a trivial question or response such as "Anyone?" Bumping old or inactive ("dead") threads is occasionally called "necroposting" or "thread necromancy", and the bumped posts referred to as "frankenposts". "Dead" threads that are reawakened are often called "thread necros". People who resurrect old threads are often called "threadomancers". On some boards, bumping a new thread with no replies in order to elicit a response is tolerated, but resurrecting an old thread that has run its course and has been inactive for a period of time (usually anywhere from a few days to a month) is prohibited. The acceptable practice is usually to start a new thread and link to the old thread so that readers can become familiar with the background information.

But etiquette is normally something Learned from a social structure and or parents.
Thanks for the ... um ... Wikipedia article.

But I have to ask --- for this you want me banned?

Upvote 0