Appalachia, The Trail of Tears
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by Micaiah
The best way to define the word 'kind' would be to give a list of all the kinds of plants and animals originally created by God. Clearly we cannot do that.

Maybe a viewpoint from someone who can translate from the original Hebrew for a better of explanation of 'kind'...

Noone's successfully set down the rules for classifying animals by 'kinds' yet.... Biologists give us rules to classify species by.

Upvote 0

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by JohnR7
Yeah, right the History Channel, how could I have missed that one. Along with time-life, newsweek . Or just anyone else that does not have the Holy Spirit of God who can tell us all about the Bible using man's logic and reason.

The documentaries presented by the History Channel were from the viewpoint of scholars of Judaism & Christianity, different professors of theology, as well as several well respected pastors, & preachers.

You can simply dismiss anyone who tells you something you don't want to hear as 'not having the Holy Spirit of God'.... but not I. I'll let God judge them.

For my own curiosity John, how do you personally determine if an individual 'contains the Holy Spirit of God'????

Upvote 0

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by sulphur
Some one still hasn't told me about anthracite.Look up carboniferous and coal.Then add breccia and tuff to your list.

and I'd like to add the formation of diamonds to the list.

Upvote 0

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by notto
Gypsum cannot be created quickly.

under naturally occuring conditions,no... BUT, we create it daily from the by-products of coal burning power generation plants... :)

(sorry,,, just had to throw that in)

Upvote 0

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by RazorX
I'm New And Have a Question..... "IF" God used evolution he would need alot of time.... If you could please tell me how this works what with the controversy with the Old Earth & New Earth

The only controversy is between those who falsely use the Bible as a timeline to date the Earth, and between those who accept the Science that clearly shows the earth to be 4.5 billion years old. As far as time associated with Evolution, what are you referring to exactly? New breeds of dogs, cats, horses, cattle, etc. are generated within a very short period of time. New species have arisen (naturally and with the influence of man) through hybrid speciation within a very short period of time????

Can you be more specific?

Upvote 0

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by RazorX
Do YOU believe the Earth is old?

Allow me to interecede as well.

I'm a Christian.

I have no problem with radioactive decay rates. In fact,
everytime I enter a radioactive area, I trust my health, even my very life with those who have set the safety standards and procedures. I also have no problem with radiometric dating (based upon radioactive decay rates) which show the true age of the Earth, given a small degree of measurement error.

Do you believe in a God that would deceive us?

Upvote 0
Originally posted by LightBearer
It is human wisdom to say do it now and betrays an impatience that shows a lack of wisdom. God thankfully is more patient and his way and patience always works out for the overall good. Why has he waited so long?

*the rest snipped for the moment*

LB, is this your work?

If you cut and pasted it, it is only ethical to include a reference to the originator.

As it stands, I am unwilling to expend time and effort discussing things that are not your own words.  There's a lot to deal with in there, and since I'm at work it'd be naughty of me to spend all my time addressing something that is not your own.

Cheers,

Prax

PS.  Just a small point from that opening paragraph - is it your contention that an omnimax God requires the passage of time to most effectively right wrongs?  These untenable statements would be completely unnecessary if people stopped trying to defend a literal Genesis.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by Praxiteles
Debating! Is that what goes on here? :)

And all along I just thought it was a bunch of people disagreeing with each other and arguing at cross purposes.

It is fun, but!

Well, some of us do learn and are open-minded enough to consider different viewpoints. However, the ones who come in... make idiotic statements and defend them till a whole riot breaks out and the mods close the threads.... make the best fun!;)

Upvote 0