Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did Mythological creatures exist ?

I have reason to believe they did.

According to the book of Jasher which is mentioned in the Bible - Joshua 10:13; 2 Samuel 1:18; and 2 Timothy 3:8 it states this;

Jasher 61:15 -- Zepho kills beast, half man and half animal, "from the middle upward it resembled a man, and from the middle downward it resembled an animal.

I reckon before the flood (in the days of Noah) the masses were more advanced than we gave them credit for.

For this reason I believe they had the technical knowledge on how to manipulate DNA hence all these mythological creatures we hear about like the Centaur .

What do you all think ?

“When the Son of Man returns, it will be like it was in Noah’s day. Matthew 24:37

They are doing the very same thing today.

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟30,526.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I reckon before the flood (in the days of Noah) the masses were more advanced than we gave them credit for.

For this reason I believe they had the technical knowledge on how to manipulate DNA.

As I believe that this is viable, it maybe the case that Noah didn't take live animals on board the Ark, instead he took the different animals DNA samples, to save them from extinction.

There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah. Genesis 7:9

And didn't God tell Noah, only to take the animals that were laying down ?

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

According to the book of Jasher which is mentioned in the Bible - Joshua 10:13; 2 Samuel 1:18; and 2 Timothy 3:8 it states this;

For this reason I believe they had the technical knowledge on how to manipulate DNA hence all these mythological creatures we hear about like the Centaur .

What do you all think ?

“When the Son of Man returns, it will be like it was in Noah’s day. Matthew 24:37

What do you all think ?

The book of Jasher is in the Bible? You mean, as in the entire book of Jasher is in the Bible?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

would that be a Hebrew text from the time of Joshuah?

Or is it a fake first published in the 18th century?

"Published in November 1750, the title page of the book says: "translated into English by Flaccus Albinus Alcuinus, of Britain, Abbot of Canterbury, who went on a pilgrimage into the Holy Land and Persia, where he discovered this volume in the city of Gazna." The book claims to be written by Jasher, son of Caleb, one of Moses's lieutenants, who later judged Israel at Shiloh. The book covers biblical history from the creation down to Jasher's own day and was represented as the Lost Book of Jasher mentioned in the Bible.

"The Book of Jasher contained naturalistic explanations for the miracles of the Old Testament.[2]

"The provenance of the text was immediately suspect: the eighth-century cleric Alcuin could not have produced a translation in the English of the King James Bible. There is an introductory account by Alcuin of his discovery of the manuscript in Persia and its history since the time of Jasher, and a commendation by John Wycliffe.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
As I believe that this is viable, it maybe the case that Noah didn't take live animals on board the Ark, instead he took the different animals DNA samples, to save them from extinction.
The Ark structure as seen in reproduced form today in Kentucky - would have been wayyyy too big for something like "a vessel to carry DNA" plus 8 people.

"510 feet long, 85 feet wide, and 51 feet high and it housed the several thousand animals"

• Winner
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
BobRyan said:
would that be a Hebrew text from the time of Joshuah?

Or is it a fake first published in the 18th century?
Not sure, how can I tell ?

well nobody has the one from Joshuah's day.
The one that "just surfaced" has a bunch of "tells" in it that it is most certainly not a 4000 year old document.

The one that newly surfaced tries to undo all the miracles of the Bible mentioned by Moses and also claims to be translated into King James English by someone in the 8th century. At time when "King James English" -- which "was not a thing"

Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟30,526.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
well nobody has the one from Joshuah's day.
The one that "just surfaced" has a bunch of "tells" in it that it is most certainly not a 4000 year old document.

The one that newly surfaced tries to undo all the miracles of the Bible mentioned by Moses and also claims to be translated into King James English by someone in the 8th century. At time when "King James English" -- which "was not a thing"

Here is the book that I have;

image_2024-03-25_073110549.png

Publisher's Synopsis​

The Book of Jasher follows the biblical accounts in Genesis, Exodus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, and Joshua. It reads like the Bible but includes interpolations and elaborations not found in the Bible. In addition, it sheds light on Bible stories from the time of Adam and Eve, the ministry of Enoch, and the account of the great Deluge during the days of Noah to the Tower of Babel, nefarious Nimrod, and faithful Abraham and his descendants.

It reads @ 61:15

And Zepho went and he saw and behold there was a large cave at the bottom of the mountain, and there was a great stone there at the entrance of the cave, and Zepho split the stone and he came into the cave and he looked and behold, a large animal was devouring the ox; from the middle upward it resembled a man, and from the middle downward it resembled an animal, and Zepho rose up against the animal and slew it with his swords.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,994.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You think Noah knew about DNA?
You think, when it was about to pour with rain any minute, he had time to round up all the species and get DNA samples - which he didn't know about - from them? How did he do that? "Excuse me Mr Rhino/lion/elephant/hippo et al, before I leave you to drown in the flood, would you come here for a moment so I can have your DNA?"
And didn't God tell Noah, only to take the animals that were laying down ?
What are you talking about?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟30,526.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You think Noah knew about DNA?
You think, when it was about to pour with rain any minute, he had time to round up all the species and get DNA samples

But he had time to build the Ark & round up all the animals..........

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,994.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But he had time to build the Ark & round up all the animals..........
So?
Where does it say that, after rounding them up, he went round pulling out their hair, scraping off scales and collecting saliva for a DNA test which didn't exist?
And how would DNA samples have been able to "go forth and multiply"?

Talk about reading our culture into the Bible.

Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟30,526.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where does it say that, after rounding them up, he went round pulling out their hair, scraping off scales and collecting saliva for a DNA test which didn't exist?
And how would DNA samples have been able to "go forth and multiply"?

It doesn't this is just a theory, as some have suggested that before the Flood the masses were far more high tech than we gave them credit for.

Keep up.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,994.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It doesn't this is just a theory, as some have suggested that before the Flood the masses were far more high tech than we gave them credit for.
Never mind what "others" suggest, and about having unproven, unscriptural theories; what soes God's word say?

I have no intention of "keeping up" with unproven, un Christian speculation.

Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟30,526.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Never mind what "others" suggest, and about having unproven, unscriptural theories; what soes God's word say?

I have no intention of "keeping up" with unproven, un Christian speculation.

Okay, no prob.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums