Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I never said that it is a big deal. I'm not spending hours dealing with it. I spent five minutes typing an e-mail mail to them, no more than that starting this thread.
They probably took the following statement to be saying more than that.

I did write McDonalds to file a formal complaint of their misuse of language.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well I'm sorry. It's just that you have some kind of mindset that is completely alien to me. I'm aware that there exist people who do the kind of thing you're doing, but I don't think I've ever known one in real life. I try and put myself in your place but I can't for the life of me figure out what your motivation is. It's mysterious to me.

And what exactly am I doing that is so horrible as to be completely alien to you??? I don't get it.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
They probably took the following statement to be saying more than that.

The McDonalds website showed me where to click to file a complaint. That's what I did.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟860,379.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
And what exactly am I doing that is so horrible as to be completely alien to you??? I don't get it.
Can I ask you - if you don't get satisfaction, if this franchise refuses to bend to your will and continues to call a medium a medium, what harm will you suffer?

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Can I ask you - if you don't get satisfaction, if this franchise refuses to bend to your will and continues to call a medium a medium, what harm will you suffer?

First, I sent the complaint to the national website. I didn’t name the store or the franchise. I presume that all McDonalds are doing this. I’m not trying to get anyone in trouble, I’m just trying to get them to use proper English.

Second, what do you mean “bend to my will?” When a lady complains that the hardware store is out of screws is she trying to get them to bend to her will? When a customer at a diner complains that his soup is cold is he trying to get them to bend to his will? All I’m doing is complains about their misuse of language.

And I might just stop eating at McDonald's if they don’t correct. Wendy’s and Burger King both have small, medium and large.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟860,379.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
First, I sent the complaint to the national website. I didn’t name the store or the franchise. I presume that all McDonalds are doing this. I’m not trying to get anyone in trouble, I’m just trying to get them to use proper English.

Second, what do you mean “bend to my will?” When a lady complains that the hardware store is out of screws is she trying to get them to bend to her will? When a customer at a diner complains that his soup is cold is he trying to get them to bend to his will? All I’m doing is complains about their misuse of language.

And I might just stop eating at McDonald's if they don’t correct. Wendy’s and Burger King both have small, medium and large.
You didn't answer my question.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟860,379.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
You didn’t answer the question I asked you in post 22. Double standard on you part I guess.
Because it was redundant. I already answered it in my first couple of posts, before you asked it. If you want a more detailed or comprehensive answer, I'm afraid the rules here would prohibit that. Anyway, my question to you was rhetorical, because we both know you haven't been harmed at all, which just brings out the weirdness of what you're doing.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟631,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I’m just trying to get them to use proper English.
No you're not.
You are trying to get them to rename their products to suit your standard.
They have small, medium and large - in the absence of a small the medium is still a medium.

• Informative
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Because it was redundant. I already answered it in my first couple of posts, before you asked it. If you want a more detailed or comprehensive answer, I'm afraid the rules here would prohibit that. Anyway, my question to you was rhetorical, because we both know you haven't been harmed at all, which just brings out the weirdness of what you're doing.
No, you never answered my question.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No you're not.
You are trying to get them to rename their products to suit your standard.
They have small, medium and large - in the absence of a small the medium is still a medium.
No, in the absence of a small the medium becomes a small.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟631,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Look at the definition.
My daughter has often told me stories about some of the complaints they get, mostly those she gets directly. I often shake my head in disbelief. Yours is in the same category.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
My daughter has often told me stories about some of the complaints they get, mostly those she gets directly. I often shake my head in disbelief. Yours is in the same category.
McDonalds is wrong. You cannot have medium if you don't have small and large. Do you use the dictionary?

And as I said earlier, I did not complain to anyone at the local restaurant. I filed a complaint on the national website. I didn't not mention the local store. I'm not trying to get anyone in trouble.

Last edited:
Upvote 0