United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That's quite a leap, nevertheless.

How about if we're all presumed innocent of "conspiracy" anything unless we are convicted of such "conspiracy"?
Wild claims are reliable until proven otherwise?

Reactions: FreeinChrist
Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
and........

So it's rendered "conspiracy"?

Seriously?
Does this mean that you think that an internet post that mentions a recording he downloaded that is purported to be someone's recollections, made over a quarter of a century ago, of that person's memories of a meeting attended 20 years before that, with no other evidence that any of this ever occurred at all is a reasonable thing to take into consideration?

No offense to the poster of this info, but we have very little to go on.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Does this mean that you think that an internet post that mentions a recording he downloaded that is purported to be someone's recollections, made over a quarter of a century ago, of that person's memories of a meeting attended 20 years before that, with no other evidence that any of this ever occurred at all is a reasonable thing to take into consideration?

No offense to the poster of this info, but we have very little to go on.

I'd be interested to hear more of the account, since as of this writing, it's something i'd like to explore further.

I find it odd, that based on a Part 1, so to speak, of someone's personal account, that any such "conclusions" should be drawn from what was posted, without hearing/reading the rest of the story.

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'd be interested to hear more of the account, since as of this writing, it's something i'd like to explore further.

I find it odd, that based on a Part 1, so to speak, of someone's personal account, that any such "conclusions" should be drawn from what was posted, without hearing/reading the rest of the story.
That's fair, and I might be interested, too. I don't go near torrent stuff though, because of the legal issues involved. If the audio ends up elsewhere, I'd happily check it out.

That said, the person making the claims usually has to provide proof. That something is mildly intriguing (although I seriously doubt it is as was claimed) doesn't make the skeptic responsible to "leave no stone unturned" in seeking proof or even a shred of evidence.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
That's fair, and I might be interested, too. I don't go near torrent stuff though, because of the legal issues involved. If the audio ends up elsewhere, I'd happily check it out.

That said, the person making the claims usually has to provide proof. That something is mildly intriguing (although I seriously doubt it is as was claimed) doesn't make the skeptic responsible to "leave no stone unturned" in seeking proof or even a shred of evidence.

I agree. And i have no reason to believe that simply because there was not a complete account right then and there, that it was conspiratorial.

That's quite a leap, and i gotta admit when i see "conspiracy" branded like a "stamp" without merit, it becomes more curious than the subject at hand.

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I agree. And i have no reason to believe that simply because there was not a complete account right then and there, that it was conspiratorial.

That's quite a leap, and i gotta admit when i see "conspiracy" branded like a "stamp" without merit, it becomes more curious than the subject at hand.
Although to be fair -- it is a claim ABOUT a conspiracy in the most basic sense.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Although to be fair -- it is a claim ABOUT a conspiracy in the most basic sense.

Not really.

The fact that "conspiracy" entered into it at all is what is an odd twist and deflection in and of itself.

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Not really.

The fact that "conspiracy" entered into it at all is what is an odd twist and deflection in and of itself.
When there's a "global cabal" having a secret meeting...that's a conspiracy right there. They are conspiring.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Not really.

What would you call a secret plan where people conspire towards a specific, malevolent outcome?

Isn't there a word for that?

• Agree
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'd rather not listen to what is either a delusional man or a fraud spout paranoid nonsense for four hours; but I suppose this is the recording in question:
Hey, thanks. I'm willing to check it out sometime. Let's listen (anyone who wants to) and report back, since in the end it does relate to the topic.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,822.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
"A conspiracy theory is an explanation of an event or situation that invokes a conspiracy without warrant, generally one involving an illegal or harmful act carried out by government or other powerful actors." - Wikipedia

In this case, the word 'conspiracy' comes up because the post openly refers to a 'global cabal' (i.e. - powerful actors) who, it is claimed, were involved in illegal and harmful acts -- after all, one of their goals is said to be 'elimination of the population'. This is, by definition, a conspiracy theory.

That doesn't absolutely and forever mean it's not true. BUT that the only piece of evidence offered is a recording found on torrent does not make it look very strong. Further, what is this "theory" explaining? If this powerful global cabal is planning to eliminate the population, why do people live longer these days, at least in the West? It has been nearly half a century since the alleged meeting at which the recording was made. Is the global cabal so bad at their job that despite their power and secrecy, their efforts have failed to reduce the population or reduce life expectancy?
Don't you know? The words "conspiracy theory" are memes that are drilled into people to make them reject an idea once it is associated with it, no matter the rationality or evidence.

I think the programming was done by the free masons, the lizard people or the illuminaughty.

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Become of the absurd claims he posted.
I make no claims. Only stating what was said in the recording. The globalists have made the word "conspiracy" to connote lunacy and wild speculation. The truth is, all history is replete with conspiracy. Julius Caesar was assassinated by a conspiracy. Corporations and banks conspire all the time to take over other companies. I used to bank with Wachovia, but Wells Fargo conspired for a hostile take over. But the easy thing is to simply proclaim it is a conspiracy theory, therefore false and foolish. The fools are those who take that position. When you put your head in the sand your fanny is exposed.

Upvote 0