Jun 29, 2015
✟167,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have no idea; I don't know their hearts or their spiritual state before God - and neither do you.

Would you have considered Jonathan Edwards to have been "in the anointing" when he stood up to read a sermon that he had written - apparently with his nose nearly touching his notes because he was so short sighted? If you say "no" then you have to find some other explanation for the congregation calling out to be saved and holding onto the backs of their pews so they didn't fall into hell.
That great revival started with a pre written sermon from a man, who read it in a church service.

You just said to me that you dont know the hearts and spiritual state of men. Wouldnt this be true for the men of the past who we read did such things? Do we really know the hearts of all the people who cried out. I have no reason to doubt that they were truly convicted and even saved . But we don't know the hearts. If a man came to you and he was in a false religious group, lets say the Mormons, and he told you of a sermon that was read to many people and they all were convicted and many came to believe and had the burning in their hearts after the notes were read, would you believe? and would you convert to Mormonism? I don't think so.

But this type of reading of convicting words was more like evangelism to save the lost. A believer would not have the same conviction, they are in the faith and have already judged them sleves guilty before God and received Christ. Evangelistic meetings of those days were wide spread and large halls were set up for such meetings. These eveangelistic meetings became the church meetings and in doing so the body ministry was hindered. yes even in a home meeting where all are free to minister someone might have something to read or a scripture to read that has already been inspired. But in the reading of such things there should still be a waiting on God and leading of God in faith. But again even the pharisees who were rebuked and warned by Jesus as hypocrites and in danger of hell, could read scripture and the scripture could still help the people. But I am speaking of Gods order in the body and what Christ does as the head of the body, this is the way believers should function, regardless of the certain moments when God uses evangelism to convict or other means. God spoke a rebuke through a donkey once does that mean we are to place donkey's in our meetings and wait for God to speak through them? No God forbid.

"5 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love."

As far as having a preplanned church gathering written down with a program, where only the pastor has a message and a few singers can sing. This is not right, the entire body is not on such pre written programs nor I fear is Christ . Yes God can break into mans order and speak and use scripture to reach them. But the order is not as the apostles set order in the churches, or how they ought to behave themselves .

Also just because a large group of people are moved by something does not mean it is all right, we see massive crowds following men today and Peter warns that many shall follow false teachers. Yet the ones following the false teachers would speak all sorts of good things about them and how true and convicting they were. Do we just believe this based on either their testimony or the words written about their meetings from the past. If we take large groups of people to justify a person speaking right , then many would have to erroniously say the Pope is the true man because of the millions that follow him and speak of his words affecting them. is this the road we are going down? i do not believe in the Popes authority or word. Yes if he speaks scripture I can say that is true. But this is not a true believer as scripture could show by the belief system and words spoken by him and other Popes. yes truly only God knows the heart, but you know a tree by its fruits and out of the heart the mouth speaks.

I am not saying that when the sinners in the hands of an angry God was read that men did not get saved. But again we dont know for sure as you say we cannot know the hearts of them in the past. But even if God breaks through in an evangelistic warning to the lost, and many lost get saved by something read. This is not the order for a church meeting where all can share and edify one another under Christ headship. If just reading was needed as that sermon was read. Then why not read that sermon over and over again in every gathering and to all peoples today and we should get the same results? This has not happened and the same results do not happen when everyone reads that. I can see , from having read that message myself how the words can be convicting to a lost soul.But this cannot be repeated like a routine or else the entire world might have the same result if so done.
But in a church gathering where believers are already saved they would not be fearing hell or having to get saved. This again was for the lost in evangelism. But evangelsit has a God given gift. God doesnt say to all those who have such a gift, go read sinners in the hands of an angry God to all the lost and thats what you need to do, or read this other written sermon from the past etc. Paul said he was a minister of the spirit and not the letter. What does that mean to you? I know he is referring to the Mosaic law there. But being a minister of the spirit is different than the letter. Even if we use scripture which is a letter,written by the Spirit we need to be in that same spiritual life to understand it and t be led by God in utterance of it.

some of the revivalist of those days, who many would consider evangelist, spoke in many different ways. I am not speaking about winning souls in evangelism. But I can read from those days from men of the past, (non of whom I am lifting up or promoting here, I am just referring to them)

here is an excerpt from one of the revival preachers of those days

"(3.) It is impossible for a man who writes his sermons to arrange his matter, and turn and choose his thoughts, so as to produce the same effect as when he addresses the people directly, and makes them feel that he means them. Writing sermons had its origin in times of political difficulty. The practice was unknown in the apostles' days. No doubt written sermons have done a great deal of good, but they can never give to the Gospel its great power. Perhaps many ministers have been so long trained in the use of notes, that they had better not throw them away. Perhaps they would make bad work without them. The difficulty would not be for the want of mind, but from wrong training. The bad habit is begun with the school boy, who is called to "speak his piece." Instead of being set to express his own thoughts and feelings in his own language, and with his own natural manner, such as nature herself prompts, he is made to commit another person's writing to memory, and then mouths it out in a stiff and formal way. And so when he goes to college, and to the seminary, instead of being trained to extempore speaking, he is set to writing his piece, and commit it to memory. I would pursue the opposite course from the beginning. I would give him a subject, and let him first think, and then speak his thoughts. Perhaps he will make mistakes. Very well, that is to be expected--in a beginner. But he will learn.": ( Charles Finney , Lectures on revivals and religion "

the church function under Christ headship where every joint supplies and edifies one another is not a lecture format with a speaker at the front where all come to just hear the eloquent talker who has collected his ideas on a paper. I am not against men writing books or using whatever means they have to win souls. But I speak of the power of the Spirit and the anointing that teaches all things. When a message is read even if it is read dry like Sinners in the hands of an angry God was and it has already been written down. The real work of convicting is inward in the hearts of people. This is the word of God the true Light that lights every man, that convicts them and reproves them. This is all a deeply spiritual aspect going on in the hearts. But men come to be true christians and gather in that power together in Christ a message of them going to hell will not produce such an effect. Unless they are in sin at that time.

I will also say a word about emotionalism of today . Many can be whipped up into a frenzy of emotionalism and fear by the words men speak, we see large crowds being caught up in this. It is almost contagous. Why do we think that many shall follow the pernicious ways of false teachers in 2 peter 2. No doubt the false teachers have some sway to affect the emotions of their hearers.

also, I can point to men of the past that did not use notes in preaching and had huge crowds saved. Peter on the day of Pentecost was one of them and there are others through history as well. But again we are speaking of evangelism there.

We can most likely agree that even a wicked man or a devil could read a pre arranged sermon who are themselves void of true grace and anointing. And scripture warns of of such men and we do not need such men to teach us, or man at all as John says. So to just defend the making and reading of sermons in themself, though God make break in and touch the hearts of men, does not justify to have them as a form where anyone can speak them regardless of their heart or lack of grace given. This would be like setting a donkey in the midst of us and waiting for God to speak .Or saying yes, God can use the donkey, we see it in scripture.

The apostle preached the gospel "not in the wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be of none effect" (1 Cor. 1:17). But the preaching and teaching not done in the moving and leading of God's Spirit but instead in the natural wisdom and eloquence of mans own learning is the wisdom of words is not according to Pau'ls words here.
It is the power of God that believers stand in, by the word of God. If a man writing a message or sermon does not seek to be led of God or have the anointing teach him all things then he is doing so in his natural learning and eloquence and mixes and adds such words that they find in scripture or from other old writers etc.then he does not so in the power of God. Yes many will not confess to waiting upon God for his moving to do such things and for the anointing to teach them all things but rather in their own wisdom and learning relying on other sources.

and all this sermon writing and having one man speak over all which quenches the spirit in others and hinders the body ministry under Christ headship, is wrong and not according to the functioning of the body of Christ regardless of the so called good it does. God can be the enemy of the best God has for us. And God commands that men be allowed to wait for Him in revelation of anything and sharing etc 1 Cor. 14:26-38

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Christ builds His church from within us
Jun 29, 2015
✟167,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
a word about waiting on our ministering and as the Spirit gives revelation and unction.

"6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith; 7 Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching; 8 Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation:" (Romans 12:6-8)

this WAITING, or attending upon Gods leading, is different than a man saying, "no do not wait just read the written sermon you wrote last night at 9 am". Yes we could conceivable say that the man who wrote the message waited upon God when he wrote it and he had faith to speak the truth in his heart. But we don't read of men's religious order to take prominance over Gods leading and revealing of things to the body. Even if a teacher gift has been given and a brother has had things revealed to him in the past, he still has to Wait on his teaching as Paul showed here. They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. We all need to wait in the gatherings for a door of utterance given to speak as we ought to speak and to be led of the Spirit.

all the gifts come by Gods grace, and even in speaking . This is to be in the grace of God. For one man to say he has his "sermon" to read and this means that the whole body must be silenced from waiting on God for other teaching, exhorting, gifts, prophecy etc, is wrong and hinders the function of the church. And this is worse when this is the order every week, and every meeting for years and years and centuries.

Last edited:
Reactions: ron4shua
Upvote 0

ron4shua

" ... each in our own order " , Hallelu-YAH .
Aug 3, 2014
Sacramento valley
Visit site
✟12,507.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How do you understand this section

http://biblehub.com/isr/1_john/2.htm

26I have written this to you concerning those who lead you astray.

27But the anointing which you have received from Him stays in you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you. But as the same anointing does teach you concerning all, and is true, and is no falsehood, and even as it has taught you, you stay in Him.

I concur with brother John ;

6The one who says he stays in Him ought himself also to walk, even as He walked.

7Beloved, I write no fresh command to you, but an old command which you have had from the beginning. The old command is the Word which you heard from the beginning.

24As for you, let that stay in you which you heard from the beginning. If what you heard from the beginning stays in you, you also shall stay in the Son and in the Father.

So then , just what was it they " heard from the beginning " ?

http://biblehub.com/isr/acts/10.htm

34And opening his mouth, Kĕpha said, “Truly I see that Elohim shows no partiality,

35but in every nation, he who fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him.

36“He sent the word to the children of Yisra’ĕl, bringing the Good News: peace through יהושע Messiah! He is Master of all.

37“You know what word came to be throughout all Yehuḏah, beginning from Galil after the immersion which Yoḥanan proclaimed:

38how Elohim did anoint יהושע of Natsareth with the Set-apart Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for Elohim was with Him.

39“And we are witnesses of all He did, both in the country of the Yehuḏim and in Yerushalayim, whom they even killed by hanging on a timber.

40“Elohim raised up this One on the third day, and let Him be seen,

41not to all the people, but to witnesses, those having been chosen before by Elohim – to us who ate and drank with Him after He arose from the dead.

42“And He commanded us to proclaim to the people, and to witness that it is He who was appointed by Elohim to be Judge of the living and the dead.a

43“To this One all the prophets bear witness, that through His Name, everyone believing in Him does receive forgiveness of sins.”

44While Kĕpha was still speaking these words, the Set-apart Spirit fell upon all those hearing the word.

45And those of the circumcision who believed were astonished, as many as came with Kĕpha, because the gift of the Set-apart Spirit had been poured out on the gentiles also,

46for they were hearing them speaking with tongues and extolling Elohim. Then Kĕpha answered,

47“Is anyone able to forbid water, that these should not be immersed who have received the Set-apart Spirit – even as also we?”

48And he commanded them to be immersed in the Name of יהושע Messiah.

This is Peter's discourse , and from Acts 2:38 , he if any one know what the
Good News of The Gospel , " The Keys " are .

19They went out from us, but they were not of us, for if they had been of us, they would have stayed with us – but in order that it might be made manifest that none of them were of us.

20And you have an anointing from the Set-apart One, and you know all.

21I did not write to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and because no falsehood is of the truth.

Hallelu-YAH .

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,856.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You just said to me that you dont know the hearts and spiritual state of men. Wouldnt this be true for the men of the past who we read did such things? Do we really know the hearts of all the people who cried out.

You asked me if I considered that men who read prewritten sermons were anointed? I said that I don't know since I don't know their minds or hearts. I don't know their motives or how much they pray before they prepare their sermons. The point is, neither do you. None of us know people's minds and hearts which is why we can never, and should never, judge.

I have no reason to doubt that they were truly convicted and even saved . But we don't know the hearts.

If I read in a book that people cried out to the Lord after hearing a certain sermon, were saved and that there was revival in the country, I have no right to contradict or reason to think they were lying/insincere.
You don't seem to like anyone who writes a sermon and preaches it, I get that, but the fact is that the Lord does bless and anoint people who preach in this way, and can bless and save their congregations too.

If a man came to you and he was in a false religious group, lets say the Mormons, and he told you of a sermon that was read to many people and they all were convicted and many came to believe and had the burning in their hearts after the notes were read, would you believe? and would you convert to Mormonism? I don't think so.

Why would I want to convert to a cult just because one of their preachers delivers a good sermon?

But this type of reading of convicting words was more like evangelism to save the lost.

God can speak to believers through sermons that are written beforehand and read, or preached, from notes - and he does. To say otherwise is to limit him.

But I am speaking of Gods order in the body and what Christ does as the head of the body, this is the way believers should function,

So you think all preachers should preach without notes because that will mean that they are relying on God and the Holy Spirit giving them the words as they speak? And it seems that you feel that anyone who reads a sermon is not doing this, just relying on what they have already decided to say. Hence your scathing comments about preachers who use old sermons or give the same sermon more than once.

But isn't that judging by appearances?
How do you know that those who, seemingly, preach without notes haven't learnt their sermons? Or learnt somebody else's sermon? Or that they haven't preached them so often that they know them by heart?
You don't. Yet it seems that if you saw someone standing at the front of the church/in the pulpit, with no notes and speaking freely and passionately, that you would judge them to be "in the anointing." Conversely if you saw someone standing with several sheets of paper, delivering a sermon that lasted x number of minutes and then lead the rest of the service from a book, that they cannot be anointed by God. That does not follow.

As far as having a preplanned church gathering written down with a program, where only the pastor has a message and a few singers can sing. This is not right, the entire body is not on such pre written programs nor I fear is Christ .

You are against organised church services and prewritten sermons - I get that. But that does not mean that they should not happen and cannot be blessed by God. If you don't like that kind of church, don't go to it.

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟167,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
and should never, judge.

you say we should NEVER judge. These are not sound words. Paul said he had judged already concerning him that hath done this deed, in 1 Cor 5, he rebuked them for not judging and said "do ye not judge them that are within? Paul said we shall judge angels and he said the spiritual man judgeth all things 1 Cor 2. Paul also said that the prophets can speak two or three and the other judge. And when someone has prophecy it can also convince and judge all in the unbelievers and unlearned. Jesus said to judge righteous judgement.

Yes there is false judgement and that is man's judgement, fleshy judgement, hypocritical judgement. But there is also the true judgement. We are to grow in all love and in all judgement. Both together. Some choose to pick one or the other, but in balance we need both in Christ. Jesus said that the word he spoke would judge on the last day to some. It is the word of God that judges the heart it is quick and powerful and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing and dividing and discerning. It is like a fire and a hammer that breaks the rocks in pieces.

If I read in a book that people cried out to the Lord after hearing a certain sermon, were saved and that there was revival in the country, I have no right to contradict or reason to think they were lying/insincere.
You don't seem to like anyone who writes a sermon and preaches it, I get that, but the fact is that the Lord does bless and anoint people who preach in this way, and can bless and save their congregations too.

I didn't say they were lying. We just don't really know. But I can show different writings of people being affected by messages and they have nothing to do with Christianity. I am just saying that if the bible says we can all share and have gifts from God and edify one another and that is the order God commands, then even if God breaks into a evangelistic type meeting and stirs the hearts of people, this would not contradict Gods order.

Why would I want to convert to a cult just because one of their preachers delivers a good sermon?

Exactly, so to give me a story about a sermon read and people affected does not mean we should say this is the way all meetings should be gathered. But I was referring to those in other cults who may say they were affected by a certain sermon etc. You and I would most likely say, so what that has nothing to do with my faith or what God shows in his order for believers. And if they were in a cult that argument that says, you see so many got saved and were convicted by a written sermon, would not have weight.

God can speak to believers through sermons that are written beforehand and read, or preached, from notes - and he does. To say otherwise is to limit him.

God can speak through Balaams donkey or ass, does that mean it is his usual way to do this? if God commands to let Him speak in and through us and to edify one another in the gifts and ministries he gives. Then why do we seek to set up a program and mans sermons and notes to hinder that in any way.

So you think all preachers should preach without notes because that will mean that they are relying on God and the Holy Spirit giving them the words as they speak? And it seems that you feel that anyone who reads a sermon is not doing this, just relying on what they have already decided to say. Hence your scathing comments about preachers who use old sermons or give the same sermon more than once.

I dont believe "preaching" was mainly to the church, or even what preaching was for. The preachers preached the gospel. Paul said

"Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation:" Romans 15:20

Does this sound like he preached to the believers who had already believed in Christ, or that he preached a "sermon". This whole idea of a one man pastor gift ministry "preaching " a sermon, is not the New testament order.

How do you know that those who, seemingly, preach without notes haven't learnt their sermons? Or copied somebody elses sermon? Or that they haven't preached them so often that they know them by heart?
You don't. Yet it seems that if you saw someone standing at the front of the church/in the pulpit, with no notes and speaking freely and passionately, that you would judge them to be "in the anointing." Conversely if you saw someone standing with several sheets of paper, delivering a sermon that lasted x number of minutes and then lead the rest of the service from a book, that they cannot be anointed by God. That does not follow.

Like I said we dont see preaching to the believers as I have studied. And when Paul "preached " all through the night, that was a dialogue, not the same word for Preaching. The word used is used in other places for reasoned and discussed etc. Paul had a diologue all through the night.

But when you say a man would be "standing at the front of the church/in the pulpit" this is mans order again. First there is no front of the "church". The believers are the church. The church is in no way a building of man. It is a spiritual house made of living stones, it is the body of Christ. Your words here reveal your lack of study and understanding of the church. I'm sure some would say at this point, But doesn't God use these large religious buildings called churches". Just as you say he uses sermons. Secondly, there is no "pulpit" in the gathering of the believers in homes. The early church met in homes for about 300 years. This was how they were led by God through the apostolic order.
Also if it is only one man dominating over all I would know that he is not sensitive to the anointing as he should be because God has dealt to every man gifts and ministry and the body is not one man but many members.
You also use the words "and then lead the rest of the service from a book". There is no one man leading a service. This idea of a "service", or even a worship service", is not the biblical order or in the NT.
So when I see some of these things, I doubt if they are in the anointing. If they are and just ignorant or not sensitive to Gods leading, and the freedoms of the body under God's commands,. Then I will share these things with them. Peter , who walked in the anointing said that every man that has been given the gift can minister the same one to another as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. Paul also said this. They , being led by the anointing and taught all things by the anointing, spoke these truths to us.

I also doubt the anointing, when I listen to these so called "sermons". I heard many false teachings in some of them, and errors and false tithing laws putting men under the curse etc etc etc. I doubt that they are in the anointing when they speak these errors. The Holy Spirit will guide us into all truth, not into lies ever. This is why we all need one another. If a man speaks in truth we have the witness in our heart and the scriptural witness along with the body of believers. But if he is in error we have an inner witness in the anointing which teaches us all things and this will be confirmed through the Holy scriptures. But when they speak error they need the body to correct and exhort and to expose error.

You are against organised church services and prewritten sermons - I get that. But that does not mean that they should not happen and cannot be blessed by God. If you don't like that kind of church, don't go to it.

I am against anything that goes against Gods order. Paul said we must beware lest any man spoil us through philosophy, and vain deceit , after the traditions of men, after the rudiments of the world and not after Christ. We are complete in Christ which is the head.
Like i said if God chooses to use even a part of a mans words to convict someone despite their other errors in the message, we can say yes God can do all things. But is this his was as he commanded believers to work? NO

God did not have the people in the OT to ask for a king over them. When they wanted one they rejected God from ruling over them. But God allowed it anyway, and warned them of the bondage they would be brought under and the problems. Does this mean that every king was wrong all the time, no, we see some good things in some of them. But God still said they rejected him to rule over them when they did this. Why is Jesus standing outside the church at Laodicea?

I dont like any religious gathering that quenches the spirit in the rest of the body and does so under the guise of a old sermon called sinners in te hands of an angry God and uses that to justify all sermons and order of man. It troubles me to see these Lords over Gods heritage exalted and eloquent men who bind us the believers and dominate over their faith. yes many of them might be benevolent men. But they are often benvolent dictators, even if they are unaware of it. I dont like when Christ as the head is not allowed to freely work in the body as they gather and men's forms traditions programs, sermons, and whole order hinders this.

And I dont go to them to be part of a body ministering under Christ headship. Because this seldom happens. I go to some of them to tell them the truth of God and to set in order things that are lacking. To share with them how they ought to behave themselves in the church of God. And to remind them of Gods commands in this area 1 Cor 14:37,38. I go to them to help them either reform their order to Gods order, or to come out of such places and gather in homes and wait on the Lord.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,856.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
you say we should NEVER judge. These are not sound words. Paul said he had judged already concerning him that hath done this deed, in 1 Cor 5, he rebuked them for not judging and said "do ye not judge them that are within? Paul said we shall judge angels and he said the spiritual man judgeth all things 1 Cor 2. Paul also said that the prophets can speak two or three and the other judge. And when someone has prophecy it can also convince and judge all in the unbelievers and unlearned. Jesus said to judge righteous judgement.

Yes there is false judgement and that is man's judgement, fleshy judgement, hypocritical judgement. But there is also the true judgement.

I know there is, but you're taking my words out of context.
The question was about people who read prewritten sermons; whether or not they are anointed when they do so. The way you worded it, implied that you believe the answer to be "no", and in fact when someone replied "yes" you said that their belief explained a lot.
If that is a correct summary of your position; if you are saying that people who write sermons and then read them out are not anointed, then you have made a judgement. You don't know how much they have prayed for inspiration/been inspired by God/filled with his Spirit etc, yet you are saying they do not have anointing because you can see they are holding sheets of paper. A person can know what God wants them to say, not write anything down and when they stand in the pulpit, nerves/tiredness/human emotion can take over and affect them - not to mention the fact that the devil will do everything he can to make sure God is not glorified. Some people have words directly from God and the first thing they do is to write them down, not only to remind themselves, but because if it is right to share them with others, they need to be sure they have got them right.

God can speak through Balaams donkey or ass, does that mean it is his usual way to do this? if God commands to let Him speak in and through us and to edify one another in the gifts and ministries he gives. Then why do we seek to set up a program and mans sermons and notes to hinder that in any way.

I don't believe it does hinder it.
What hinders the gifts of God being used in a church is people not recognising/admitting they have a gift, not putting it at God's disposal and refusing to use them. What hinders people hearing God's voice is if they don't believe he can speak, don't recognise his voice, don't want to listen or go to church just to "do church" and get spiritual brownie points without actually believing that they can have a relationship with the living God and that he can change their lives.
Someone can be greatly anointed and speak the very words of God - with or without notes - but if the congregation don't recognise God's anointing and don't hear his voice, it may not make any difference, (although even then God can break through.)

I dont believe "preaching" was mainly to the church, or even what preaching was for. The preachers preached the gospel.

A person can attend a church for years and still not have heard the Gospel - not because it hasn't been preached but because they have not understood or accepted it. Someone can sit in church, or belong to the church, and still need to accept the Gospel and be born again.
Preaching is expounding and explaining God's word.

But when you say a man would be "standing at the front of the church/in the pulpit" this is mans order again. First there is no front of the "church". The believers are the church. The church is in no way a building of man.

I know. But the buildings in which his church gather are usually called church buildings. And when people say "I'm going to church", or "she's getting married in a church", or "the baptism will take place in church", that is what they are referring to.
Paul told the Corinthians that they were the temple of the Holy Spirit, yet at that time they still had a physical temple. The early church always met together, somewhere - in a house, in the temple courts, in the synagogues - to break bread and worship God. They probably called those places meeting places, rather than churches, but God's people have always met together somewhere.

I also doubt the anointing, when I listen to these so called "sermons".

Doubt it by all means; that is part of "test all prophecies" and "test the spirits" that we are instructed to do. But don't say that someone is not anointed because they are holding a sermon which they have written/used before, and you don't like/agree with such things.

I heard many false teachings in some of them, and errors and false tithing laws putting men under the curse etc etc etc. I doubt that they are in the anointing when they speak these errors.

And I have heard people who stand to preach without notes speak errors as well, not to mention waffling and repeating themselves.
If someone writes a sermon which contains errors; that is serious since they have had time to read it through, check their sources and references and make corrections. But if someone preaches without notes and says something which is erroneous, that is maybe an indication that they should have written their sermon down. Someone could talk passionately for an hour on the theme of tithing, and still be wrong.

I am against anything that goes against Gods order.

Which is?
If by that you mean only the things which you see in Scripture, then we all need to start wearing robes and sandals, learn Greek/Aramaic, write on a scroll with a quill - if we can write at all, and stop using computers/ipads/visual aids/music/drama/musical instruments to proclaim and teach the word of God and enhance our worship. If that's how you feel - go ahead; maybe you should join the Amish or the Quakers.

I dont like any religious gathering that quenches the spirit in the rest of the body and does so under the guise of a old sermon called sinners in te hands of an angry God and uses that to justify all sermons and order of man.

Then don't go to those gatherings.
I never said that Jonathan Edwards' sermon was justification for all sermons to be written down. I gave it as an example of a time when God greatly used someone's prewritten sermon. You may not like the style in which this man preached, but God was still at work.

Upvote 0

Berean777

Servant of Christ Jesus. Stellar Son.
Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

If a person has devoted himself to God, then God is his teacher. Anointing is of the Holy Ghost who answers questions when asked in faith and opens doors when one knocks by faith. The Father considers all his sons and daughters as needing his counselling and never turns back anyone who is sincere and genuine and consistent in what they need to know, provided the Lord sees that it is for good and not for evil.

Abiding in Christ is a personal relationship that extends beyond feelings, it is a need and a yearning to know God and be close to his heart through faith. As king David aspired to know the heart of God, believers today who have the anointing of the Holy Ghost can know the heart of God. Knowing God reveals who you are as an individual, because everything is tied to him.

It doesn't mean that we can't learn from each other, but rather the personal aspect that relates to you only can be known in where you stand in relationship with your Father. As Jesus said he who loves me, will be also loved by the Father and I will manifest myself onto him/her. Seek God with all your heart and you will find him and this is what is to abide in him. Jeremiah 29:11-13

Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟167,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If a person has devoted himself to God, then God is his teacher. Anointing is of the Holy Ghost who answers questions when asked in faith and opens doors when one knocks by faith. The Father considers all his sons and daughters as needing his counselling and never turns back anyone who is sincere and genuine and consistent in what they need to know, provided the Lord sees that it is for good and not for evil.

Abiding in Christ is a personal relationship that extends beyond feelings, it is a need and a yearning to know God and be close to his heart through faith. As king David aspired to know the heart of God, believers today who have the anointing of the Holy Ghost can know the heart of God. Knowing God reveals who you are as an individual, because everything is tied to him.

It doesn't mean that we can't learn from each other, but rather the personal aspect that relates to you only can be known in where you stand in relationship with your Father. As Jesus said he who loves me, will be also loved by the Father and I will manifest myself onto him/her. Seek God with all your heart and you will find him and this is what is to abide in him. Jeremiah 29:11-13

yes I agree with your words.

I would just add that not needing a man to teach us is the part that troubles many. This (as you said) does not mean we cant learn from each other. But I would word it a bit different, we learn from the anointing in others so Christ is the teacher in all things. We know no man after the flesh Paul says, and in Christ their is neither male nor female, we are not to live in the old man vut he is crucified. If anything we speak comes from the old man and not the anointing then we should not speak into the meetings. All our life should be lived in the new man, and in the spirit. Now i know that many , even in a proper order in homes waiting on the Lord may still speak from their natural understanding at times, or only in certain measures as they minister. But this is why we need eachother and to edify eachother in Christ headship. God also gives the five fold ministry so we are not tossed about by every wind of doctrine and the slight of MEN, who deceive. Overseers who watch over others , who are also elders, will be able by sound doctrine as they have been taught ( by the spirit and through others in the spirit) be able to exhort the gainsayer, (those who oppose the truth).

So we do not need man to teach in the sense of the natural man. We are a new man in Christ a new creation and we know no man after the flesh.

John is very profound here and very wonderful. He speaks from the anointing of God and so it is God speaking through him. If any man is of God they will hear the word in them and it will work in them.

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟167,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know there is, but you're taking my words out of context.
The question was about people who read prewritten sermons; whether or not they are anointed when they do so. The way you worded it, implied that you believe the answer to be "no", and in fact when someone replied "yes" you said that their belief explained a lot.
If that is a correct summary of your position; if you are saying that people who write sermons and then read them out are not anointed, then you have made a judgement. You don't know how much they have prayed for inspiration/been inspired by God/filled with his Spirit etc, yet you are saying they do not have anointing because you can see they are holding sheets of paper. A person can know what God wants them to say, not write anything down and when they stand in the pulpit, nerves/tiredness/human emotion can take over and affect them - not to mention the fact that the devil will do everything he can to make sure God is not glorified. Some people have words directly from God and the first thing they do is to write them down, not only to remind themselves, but because if it is right to share them with others, they need to be sure they have got them right.

I am not saying that a man , simply because he reads a sermon note is not a believer or not anointed. In home meetings there has been times when some have had scriptures written down to remind them of things they were given, and some brief ideas. But this is as all the body is free to minister and be led by God. If God had them to share scriptures they were given, the day or week before, there is no problem with that. Although we do not see any sermon notes in the NT being read in the gatherings. The leading is by revelation and from gifts of God. Peter and Paul say that's how they are to minister. You think if sermon notes by one man over all were so needful as today they seem to be the center of the gathering, the apostles would have mentioned them.

I don't believe it does hinder it.
What hinders the gifts of God being used in a church is people not recognising/admitting they have a gift, not putting it at God's disposal and refusing to use them. What hinders people hearing God's voice is if they don't believe he can speak, don't recognise his voice, don't want to listen or go to church just to "do church" and get spiritual brownie points without actually believing that they can have a relationship with the living God and that he can change their lives.
Someone can be greatly anointed and speak the very words of God - with or without notes - but if the congregation don't recognise God's anointing and don't hear his voice, it may not make any difference, (although even then God can break through.)

here you are getting closer to what I am saying. Today many many groups do not believe you can have God speak to you. Many groups also do not even believe in the spiritual gifts and ministry. many groups also do not believe in apostles and prophets in the gifts for today. many have false doctrines that have established their gatherings and they often speak from their view in their sermon notes. Sermon notes in those who do believe in the gifts, often seem like acting, rehersing a part and performing a show. Yes if scripture is read and truth is sad God can work in the hearts of those who hear anything. But this is not Gods order in scripture. As I have been showing.

I can make this more specific. Lets say I walk into a large man made building unbiblically called a church and they believe many of John Calvins teachings ( I do not agree with many teachings from him) and lets assume (for the sake of this talk) that what they teach is false and they also do not believe in the spiritual gifts or that God speaks to men today. And then they just have one man dominate over the gatherings and speak from his notes that he read through different Calvin books and other authors and he speaks on and on about Calvinism and limited atonement etc. Would you say he is speaking from the anointing in that case? Would you agree that he believes that the church needs him to teach them?, and that he is teaching mans teaching from his natural wisdom and craftiness? I could have made this even more clear if i said it was a Mormon gathering and the one man was speaking from his Mormon teachings and the Book of Mormon ( which I do not believe are true according to scripture) . The man speaking from his written notes may try to use the same arguments that God can use anything etc. But how would we consider such a man and his words, no matter what he wrote?

Many do not believe that God is even directly in believers today. Some from various groups in Christianity do not believe you can have Jesus Christ in you. Would we say that they are not drawing from the spirit and anointing but rather trusting in their own scholarship and natural learning from their bible schools and what they have read of past men? Can we say with some certainty that they do not even wait on God to give them a gift or anointing?

A person can attend a church for years and still not have heard the Gospel - not because it hasn't been preached but because they have not understood or accepted it. Someone can sit in church, or belong to the church, and still need to accept the Gospel and be born again.
Preaching is expounding and explaining God's word.

Tyes this is true that unbelievers will come among gatherings and even some professing believers will not be saved, or they may have been bound up in sin for a long time etc. But this is where the gifts can still work in the body as God is allowed to move and give revelation. paul says about this part of the order of God,

"...desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy....3 But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort....but he that prophesieth edifieth the church...
24 But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all: 25 And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth. 26 How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying...30 If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace. 31 For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted." ( 1 Corinthians 14;2,3, 4,24-26,30,31)

I know. But the buildings in which his church gather are usually called church buildings. And when people say "I'm going to church", or "she's getting married in a church", or "the baptism will take place in church", that is what they are referring to.

To call a man made building a church is part of the problem, the function and understanding of the true Church which is the body of Christ is hindered by setting up another church and calling a building of brick and stone a church. Christ is the head of the true Church and he works effectually in the measure of every part to make increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love. Without this there is no church, without Christ working effectually and every joint supplying in edification they churches function when gathered together is hindered and quenched by mans order and sermons and one man pastor ministry. For any man or minister to call a man made building a church is a lie, don't you agree? strangely enough when you press them on this they will agree often that people are the church, yet sometimes even in their next breath they refer again to the building of man as the church. It is deeply rooted in their minds this brainwashed tradition from centuries. Just as the need of a sermon is.
Paul told the Corinthians that they were the temple of the Holy Spirit, yet at that time they still had a physical temple. The early church always met together, somewhere - in a house, in the temple courts, in the synagogues - to break bread and worship God. They probably called those places meeting places, rather than churches, but God's people have always met together somewhere.

And I have heard people who stand to preach without notes speak errors as well, not to mention waffling and repeating themselves.
If someone writes a sermon which contains errors; that is serious since they have had time to read it through, check their sources and references and make corrections. But if someone preaches without notes and says something which is erroneous, that is maybe an indication that they should have written their sermon down. Someone could talk passionately for an hour on the theme of tithing, and still be wrong.

This is where the body edifies itself and the gifts are needed also. Let the prophets speak two or three and LET THE OTHER JUDGE. This is Gods way of correction, as we discern and help eachother even in our errors. There must be heresies among them that they which are approved may be made manifest. We see in Titus when Paul was speaking of what overseers do. He said they are able by sound doctrine to exhort and convince the gainsayers. These gainsayers were those who opposed the truth. The would speak in the houses and subvert them. This shows the order again. The church would gather in homes and all could share and if some spoke errors the elders who are overseers would exhort them with scripture in the Lords leading. Interesting that the overseers were not the ones doing all the talking or giving a sermon that could not be interrupted for 45 minutes .

When a man is given a gift, lets say a teaching gift. He is always studying in the word and doctrine and listening for Gods teaching in his spirit. He will learn many things from revelation, scripture, the anointing in others but all this is taught by the anointing in Christ as he abides in Christ. Then when he is in a gathering, he is always ready for whatever God would have him share if anything. A brother may get up and speak about a topic and much more needs to be said about that . The gift of a teacher can draw from what God has given him already as he is led. Then after he waited on this he speaks from the life and understanding God gave him. This is how I have seen the body function for many years. He is able to have a message at any time as the Lord leads him in his gift. And he is always ready to give an answer as God leads him. This is the same for all the gifts and the entire body. I have heard some meetings where a person would share one scripture and others would expound and have revelation even then immediately on that. Others would draw from what they had learned from God and others in the anointing. And by the end of the meeting it was a full wondrous message from all the body. Much deeper and on more levels than one man alone can give. The parts of the body which we think less needful are very needful, and every joint supplies. And it is not just a message that all supply, some have songs and prayer and testimonies of Jesus. Some have request and are in need. Other are hurting and in sin and in need. Some are new believers and are hungry. And after the edification of the body we have the meal and this is wonderful as well, and then fellowship. Some leave and some stay for long periods. we see eachother as brothers and sisters in the family of God. I pray for all believers to have part of this joy. There is a great loss to merely sit and be silent and have no interaction with believers when gathered or a meal etc.

One man was never intended to supply all to the body in the gatherings.

Which is?
If by that you mean only the things which you see in Scripture, then we all need to start wearing robes and sandals, learn Greek/Aramaic, write on a scroll with a quill - if we can write at all, and stop using computers/ipads/visual aids/music/drama/musical instruments to proclaim and teach the word of God and enhance our worship. If that's how you feel - go ahead; maybe you should join the Amish or the Quakers.

I am speaking of church practice and order . Not of the cultures of the day.

Upvote 0

D. A. Taylor

Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Kingman, AZ
Visit site
✟24,256.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Great verses seldom mentioned these days. I believe that John (the disciple Jesus loved) was expressing how the Holy Spirit guides Christians to understand and implement the words of our Lord and Savior. Why do I say this? Because of what Jesus said in Matthew 23:8-10:

But do not be called Rabbi; for One is your Teacher, and you are all brothers. Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. Do not be called leaders; for One is your Leader, that is, Christ.

Here the Greek translated Rabbi means my master; the Greek translated Teacher means instructor; while the Greek translated leader means guide. Thus Jesus was most direct: Christians are to consider only Him their spiritual master, instructor and guide. Moreover, I believe that because of what John wrote in 2:26, certain people were appointing themselves as masters, instructors and guides over God's people--and so John was warning the brethren about this. Yet the real meat of this message was earlier in 2 John, where he wrote about "many" antichrists whom were "denying" [Greek: contradicting] the teachings of Jesus Christ by establishing themselves as a ministry "over" the brethren.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Well? Who was teaching them that? John. Was not John a man? Yes... So, what was John meaning then?

What John was saying was they were to be taught by anointed men of God who had the gift to teach. But, after being taught? No man is to tell them how to think about what had been taught. That they have an anointing from God that will teach them how to think with what they had been taught by godly teachers.

Upvote 0

Berean777

Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1 John 2:26-27 refers to being feed solid food, not milk. Yes I agree that John would feed the church milk, yet the Holy Ghost would follow it up with solid food.

Hebrews 5:11-14
Warning Against Falling Away

11We have much to say about this, but it is hard to make it clear to you because you no longer try to understand. 12In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God’s word all over again. You need milk, not solid food! 13Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. 14But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

Yes we need elders to teach us, so that we grow up on milk, then over time we become trained by the Holy Ghost to distinguish between good and evil and therefore no longer need milk but solid good.

What the author is trying to say is that elders are needed to scaffold new believers faith for a time, until the scaffold is removed and then the believer can be an independent learner who walks by faith in their spiritual walk with God.

This how we are being called and then once called when God sees a change in us as being recipients of the word, he then takes charge over you to finish the job and sees it to completion even onto the person's last breath.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1 John 2:26-27 refers to being feed solid food, not milk. Yes I agree that John would feed the church milk, yet the Holy Ghost would follow it up with solid food.

11We have much to say about this, but it is hard to make it clear to you because you no longer try to understand. 12In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God’s word all over again. You need milk, not solid food! 13Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. 14But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

Yes we need elders to teach us, so that we grow up on milk, then over time we become trained by the Holy Ghost to distinguish between good and evil and therefore no longer need milk but solid good.

What the author is trying to say is that elders are needed to scaffold new believers faith for a time, until the scaffold is removed and then the believer can be an independent learner who walks by faith in their spiritual walk with God.

This how we are being called and then once called when God sees a change in us as being recipients of the word, he then takes charge over you to finish the job and sees it to completion even onto the person's last breath.

You really believe that? That once a baby is weaned from milk? It does not need any longer to attend school under a teacher for higher learning? That the child can then teach itself? That's not right at all. Sounds like you like making stuff up and figure no one else knows what is really going on to know any better.

13 Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness.

They have not even been taught the teaching about righteousness! Milk is not designed to do that much!

Yet? You are saying once they outgrow the need for milk? That they will be able to teach themselves about what they also need to be taught about righteousness? Look again...

"is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness.

The TEACHING! That means their remains needing to be taught!

No one can teach himself about righteousness. Only if they are self righteous they can! That teaching takes a very mature pastor-teacher who knows what he is doing. One who is not making stuff up just to touch itching ears.

14 But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

Milk = teachings. Solid food = advanced teachings!

One can not learn the meat of the word until after a great deal of transformation takes place in his heart through the constant inculcation of learning sound doctrinal teachings. For, if he can not yet distinguish between good and evil? Some of the truths in the Bible that have been designated only for the mature will appear to him to be evil.

Look at what Jesus said about baby Christians who will needed milk!

John 21:15-17

When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?”

“Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.”

Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.” (milk =babes = lambs)

16 Again Jesus said, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”

He answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.”

Jesus said, “Take care of my sheep.” (watch over the growing flock)

17 The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”

Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.”

Jesus said, “Feed my sheep." (keep teaching those who matured!)

You don't stop teaching the believers who have outgrown milk, only to leave them to fend for themselves by means of themselves and the Holy Spirit alone! Think about it! Most people back then did not even have Bibles to read and learn from back then! So, how could they teach themselves after being weaned from the milk of the Word?

They needed teachers who could teach them advanced doctrine from the Scriptures! We all do.

Teachers who know what they are doing will protect believers from maverick kooks who think they have a direct line between themselves and God, who think they do not need anyone to teach them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

single eye

Jun 12, 2014
✟16,169.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
You really believe that? That once a baby is weaned from milk? It does not need any longer to attend school under a teacher for higher learning? That the child can then teach itself? That's not right at all. Sounds like you like making stuff up and figure no one else knows what is really going on to know any better.

13 Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness.

They have not even been taught the teaching about righteousness! Milk is not designed to do that much!

Yet? You are saying once they outgrow the need for milk? That they will be able to teach themselves about what they also need to be taught about righteousness? Look again...

No one can teach himself about righteousness. Only if they are self righteous they can! That teaching takes a very mature pastor-teacher who knows what he is doing. One who is not making stuff up just to touch itching ears.

14 But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

One can not learn the meat of the word until after a great deal of transformation takes place in his heart through the constant inculcation of learning sound doctrinal teachings. For, if he can not yet distinguish between good and evil? Some of the truths in the Bible that have been designated only for the mature will appear to him to be evil.

When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?”

Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.”

You don't stop teaching the believers who have outgrown milk, only to leave them to fend for themselves by means of themselves and the Holy Spirit alone! Think about it! Most people back then did not even have Bibles to read and learn from back then! So, how could they teach themselves after being weaned from the milk of the Word?

They needed teachers who could teach them advanced doctrine from the Scriptures! We all do.

Teachers who know what they are doing will protect believers from maverick kooks who think they have a direct line between themselves and God, who think they do not need anyone to teach them.
Anyone who thinks that Moses, Lot, John the baptist, and Paul were righteous men who understood "the gift of Grace", still do not understand the difference between good and evil. The kingdom of God is at hand, only the saints produced scripture.

Upvote 0

Berean777

Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I don't disagree with a single word you said. However you missed the point, growth of Faith doesn't come intellectually or doctrinally. For example a person can be as simple as Abraham was pure in heart to receive that what God gave him. Is it not written the pure in heart shall see God. So milk comes by when a person starts the walk by faith, solid food is advanced teachings as you stated. When on solid food the person becomes an independent life long learner who is self regulating and has internalised his faith by being intrinsically motivated. Sure some may need the flamboyant pastor to revive the flock to get them motivated again, but you see faith is not intellectually based nor is it doctrinally based. Faith is establishing a trust in God just as Abraham did and by walking with God and also learning from all the body of Christ, because God speaks through all his body of believers.

Think of a pastor or priest as a teacher/rabbi who passes the base knowledge and scaffolds the recipients to bring them from extrinsically being motivated to faith, to then become self regulating and intrinsically motivate to faith, where the person takes ownership of the faith and goes along his personal path to self discover God through the faith that he is building day by day as God feeds him solid food. Our daily bread is the heavenly bread that is our very interaction with the Father. Many simple men and women have reached a sanctified level much greater than a pastor, a priest, a bishop or even a patriarch or a pope, because these have communicated their intentions to God daily and God has heard them and through life is making their faith grow.

Many confuse the Christian faith as being a doctrinally based religion requiring intellect, institutional experience or institutional positional status within a religious system. Far from it Christian faith is in its purest a simple mans religion who without knowing how to read, write or communicate with others can come to personally know God and experience him from heart to heart. That is why Jesus warned believers of not falling into the trap of believing that faith is intellectually based, institutional experience based or institutional positional status based, when he cleared this up along the lines of a warning:

Matthew 7
True and False Disciples
21“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Christianity focuses on the question of self ownership of faith between God and the recipient of the faith, the true disciple. True discipleship is a one on one simple mans religion and this is the basis of 1 John 2:26-27. The game is to seek God with all your heart and in doing so you shall find him. It is a one man's pure hearted sojourning, just like Abraham's walk and everyone needs to do it alone. (Jeremiah 29:11-13) eventually after a pastor calls the faithful he needs to realise that the whole goal is for the recipient to take ownership of the faith and become self regulating and independent in their walk. Now I am not saying that they do not communion with others, but they do this to edify one another and to comfort one another.

The false disciple according to Matthew 7 is a pastor, priest, bishop, Patriarch, pope, who leaches onto the recipient and requires the recipient to be dependant on him. This brings that pastor in direct conflict with Christ and the warning for that pastor is that he never really knew Christ because had he known him, he would have allowed the young ones to come to him, rather than leaching onto them and in a way feeding of them. When the shepherd who is supposed to feed the flock starts to eventually feed on them spiritually speaking, this becomes the stumbling block for the young ones weaned on milk to realise that all the pastor is doing is for one day to let them go on their journey to self discover God.

Paul knew that this invisible line was being crossed even in his time, when the shepherds started to feed on the sheep.

Acts 20:25-31
25“Now I know that none of you among whom I have gone about preaching the kingdom will ever see me again. 26Therefore, I declare to you today that I am innocent of the blood of any of you. 27For I have not hesitated to proclaim to you the whole will of God. 28Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood. 29I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock. 30Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them. 31So be on your guard! Remember that for three years I never stopped warning each of you night and day with tears.

The intention of the heart is very important to God. If the shepherd is feeding the flock on the premise that one day they will become independent of him and go it alone, then that shepherd is developing other shepherds and so on and so on. This is cell multiplicity of the discipleship through instruction, just like Jesus did and said now go, your on your own. However today's shepherds are wanting the sheep to stick around forever and are protecting their own positions so that they stay as shepherds and the sheep stay as sheeps, never to one day become shepherds. Religious institutions are guilty of this and they have the greater charge upon their heads.

Matthew 23:15
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are.

You see God is calling every follower of Jesus to one day become a shepherd and to service a new generation. Jesus wants the world to be shepherds for this is what he means when he says to make disciples of the world. What we are seeing is many shepherds doing the opposite. How sad!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟167,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well? Who was teaching them that? John. Was not John a man? Yes... So, what was John meaning then?

What John was saying was they were to be taught by anointed men of God who had the gift to teach. But, after being taught? No man is to tell them how to think about what had been taught. That they have an anointing from God that will teach them how to think with what they had been taught by godly teachers.

It is not MAN that we need to teach us. The anointing ( not the human part of man) teaches us all thins. If a believer has a teaching gift from God he speaks from the NEW man in Christ and the anointing is the teacher, "which the Spirit teaches all things. So it is not man or the old man the flesh man the carnal mind the wisdom of men, or anything like that that teaches us all things. Read 1 Cor 2 again, and we do not need mans opinions or those who exalt themsleves over believers and act as lord who control everything.

Paul said we do not know any man after the flesh any more (as we walk in the spirit that is)

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟167,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Not quite. All believers even babes need the anointing. John writes to all groups of believers babes young men and mature. The believers need the Spirit from day one. The elders have learned to walk in the word strong and are able to use the word aright and skillful in it. Their word will echo in the new belivers according to scripture and it is by a "manifestation of the truth: that all ministers commend themselves to every mans conscience in the sight of God 2 Cor 4.

and John said to them,

"My little children, these things write I unto you...
I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.13 I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father." 1 John 2:1,12,13

and

"Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time...20 But ye
[little children included in this] have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things....
27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

28 And now, little children, abide in him..." ( 1 John 2:18,20, 27,28)

Notice the little children have also "known the Father" and he writes to them in the whole book as well.

It is not by the elder, then later the Spirit. The elder must also walk in the spirit and the anointing teaches him ALL things as well.

All believers have no need that ANY MAN should teach them. Paul says which things the Holy Ghost teacheth.

And when Jesus sent the apostle out in Matthew he said it is not ye that speak but the Spirit of your Father speaking in you.

and yes, God gives overseers to feed and watch over and care for others. But no believer can function unless they are n the head Christ who works effectually in EVERY PART OF THE BODY, not just in mature parts. This kind of teaching is false that says babes cannot walk in the anointing until the mature brothers teach them for a long time etc.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't disagree with a single word you said. However you missed the point, growth of Faith doesn't come intellectually or doctrinally.

For the Church age it does! The OT saints did not have...the Word became FLESH!

We have been given the mind (thinking) of Christ! The OT saints faith-rested on the little bits they were given. As for the Bride of Christ? We need a continuous growing in God's Word! For, our faith comes by HEARING the Word taught with accuracy and integrity!

Sadly.. FEW are qualified to teach this way. Most pastors can not. Most likely, for that reason you can not agree with what I am saying. You have never seen good consistent solid teaching. If you had? You would know its true.

For our Faith? The Church? Faith comes by HEARING the Word being taught often and consistently! As Jesus taught daily. As the Apostles taught daily.

Romans 10:17

So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

2 Peter 3:18

But be growing continuously in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.

Romans 1:17

For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written,
“But the righteous man shall live by faith.”

Reactions: Berean777
Upvote 0

Berean777

Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
For the Church age it does! The OT saints did not have...the Word became FLESH!

We have been given the mind (thinking) of Christ! The OT saints faith-rested on the little bits they were given. As for the Bride of Christ? We need a continuous growing in God's Word! For, our faith comes by HEARING the Word taught with accuracy and integrity!

Sadly.. FEW are qualified to teach this way. Most pastors can not. Most likely, for that reason you can not agree with what I am saying. You have never seen good consistent solid teaching. If you had? You would know its true.

For our Faith? The Church? Faith comes by HEARING the Word being taught often and consistently! As Jesus taught daily. As the Apostles taught daily.

Romans 10:17

So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

2 Peter 3:18

But be growing continuously in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.

Romans 1:17

For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written,
“But the righteous man shall live by faith.”

You are right faith does come by hearing and the word hearing is not the same as in our English dictionary. It is a Jewish saying to imply accepting, like little children are quick to accept. So faith comes by accepting like little children easily do without having doubts.

A person can come to faith as a little child without being literate nor understanding the depth, breadth or height of scripture. The person like a child is a conscientious recipient of the gospel without needing to understand its intricate details that a pastor claims to understand. In God's eyes this little child is more mature in faith than the pastor, because their faith is experiential like a father and mother is to a child, where as to the pastor their faith is heavily reliant on worldly intellect and wisdom.

If you look at the church fathers of faith, you will discover that they weren't pastors, nor were they priests nor were they bishops who were part of the church councils, these fathers were simple men who knew no obscurity and were illiterate and had zeal for the Lord that they would pass down in confidence to their children and their children became shepherds in their stead to do the same.

Christianity is not a one man stand up show or institution, it requires a constructive process around the family and the family is where the idea of discipleship begins when children sit down at meals with their father and mother and pray with each other and the father provides reassurance to the faith in the most basic fundamental ways that requires no intellect to perceive, because it is received in communion with each other. Jesus pointed to the crowd and said these are my mother, brother and sisters, alluding to the family.

The real church fathers just like the unknown heroes of war, are the unknown fathers of the Christian faith, but God knows them, that is all that matters. That is why those who drum up the notion that they have prophesied in Christ's name and healed in Christ's name, at the end of the day, just doesn't cut it as far as God is concerned, God doesn't want a religion of the world he wants a religion of the heart.

Jesus said I stand at the door of your hearts and knock, if any man, women or child hears my voice, I will enter into them and SUP with them by my Holy Spirit. 1 John 2:26-27, therefore abiding in him is virtually is faith that comes by hearing/receiving like a child receives his parents without doubting them.

Upvote 0