London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
Hmmm.... I have a hard time understanding why there are any kind of snarky comments about this?

For thousands of years there have been men only organizations. Now there are a few female only opportunities and this is what we hear?

Pathetic.

Oh, you mean the organisations women’s activists constantly whine about the existence of and either try and co-opt or get rid of?

Yes, it is pathetic to tolerate women-only spaces while dismantling male-only ones.

Hypocrisy is anathema to equality - why do these people still expect to be taken seriously? They had one job?

• Winner
Reactions: Rion
Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
As things stand, can’t really get too aerated about this - if these women are that petty as to want to holiday away from the entire opposite sex, then they probably aren’t worth spending time with anyway - and I’m sure these women would be the first to shriek up a storm if there was a male equivalent.

I do wonder what Finnish laws regarding gender discrimination in businesses are like though, and I would advise this holiday operator perhaps to watch their step.

• Informative
Reactions: Johnboy60
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Oh, you mean the organisations women’s activists constantly whine about the existence of and either try and co-opt or get rid of?

Yes, it is pathetic to tolerate women-only spaces while dismantling male-only ones.

Hypocrisy is anathema to equality - why do these people still expect to be taken seriously? They had one job?

It reminds me of the college groups who want black or minority only dorm rooms or other so called safe spaces.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I'm unaware of exactly how common that is in Finland. Would you care to enlighten me?

So hypothetically, there are 3000 mens only organizations and 20 women's only organizations. Certain women's activitists complain about certain of those 3000 clubs and think they do a disservice and want to have MORE women's clubs.

And that is hypocrisy?

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I'm unaware of exactly how common that is in Finland. Would you care to enlighten me?

So hypothetically, there are 3000 mens only organizations and 20 women's only organizations. Certain women's activitists complain about certain of those 3000 clubs and think they do a disservice and want to have MORE women's clubs.

And that is hypocrisy?

If you want an example that fits your carefully constructed requirements to try and justify hypocrisy, look at the BBC pay raise and how feminists were lighting their hair on fire over the results.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour

Oh of course, I forgot, that only happens in Finland lol, so let’s artificially restrict the discussion to what happens there.

And that is hypocrisy?

Nonsense. It’s not MORE clubs alongside the existing men’s ones. They want more women’s only clubs, while insisting that men-only clubs (especially ones they see as allowing men to network etc) must be opened up to women or abolished.

Upvote 0

Abraxos

Christ is King
Jan 12, 2016
New Zealand
✟69,436.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think politicising what was meant to simply enrich a woman's personhood, has somehow tainted its purpose. A little time-out from men would probably strengthen a relationship and have a more fond appreciation for the opposite sex.

Do men outside of the American left-right paradigm really care about this stuff? Well I don't. I think this place would be good for my sisters and my mum.

Personally, men that decry over this trivial stuff seem like the ones that they themselves abhor.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
Why we need more men-only spaces

I’d drop this in for a few examples of the sort of hypocrisy being mentioned here - not that I agree with him on everything, I don’t think we need men-only spaces to prevent suicides, for example, but it does highlight some of the differences in how male spaces are treated compared to female spaces.

Even his take on the Being A Man festival is charitable, it’s very carefully steered by feminists. I attended it once and the opening session was about a history of patriarchy and so much of the commentary was about men shaping up and helping women. The Being a Man festival was a spin-off of the World of Women festival, and I guarantee a morning there does not start with four MRAs telling women they need to help men more.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I think politicising what was meant to simply enrich a woman's personhood, has somehow tainted its purpose. A little time-out from men would probably strengthen a relationship and have a more fond appreciation for the opposite sex.

Do men outside of the American left-right paradigm really care about this stuff? Well I don't. I think this place would be good for my sisters and my mum.

Personally, men that decry over this trivial stuff seem like the ones that they themselves abhor.

I think that it is less the idea of female only spaces, than the same types who support this are the type to whinge about men only spaces or boys clubs.

• Winner
Reactions: Gadarene
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Oh of course, I forgot, that only happens in Finland lol, so let’s artificially restrict the discussion to what happens there.
You're welcome to just say you have no information to back up your claim. There's nothing artificial about that restriction given the existence of this particular business venture came from THAT culture and climate that felt it was necessary.

Nonsense. It’s not MORE clubs alongside the existing men’s ones. They want more women’s only clubs, while insisting that men-only clubs (especially ones they see as allowing men to network etc) must be opened up to women or abolished.
Yes. And there are people who believe in a flat earth.
We need to accept that there are people who say crazy stuff. But just because people say those things does not mean that everyone believes it. Not every women's club/organization/activist/femenist wants men's clubs to be done away with. That's nonsense.
Having a "business club" that excludes certain people makes no sense to me. Having a prostate cancer support group that is mens only makes sense to me.

• Agree
Reactions: SummerMadness
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
You're welcome to just say you have no information to back up your claim. There's nothing artificial about that restriction given the existence of this particular business venture came from THAT culture and climate that felt it was necessary.

Haha, right. We’re going to play this game despite the fact it involves an island banning an entire gender. Why do we need to apply more subtlety than they did, exactly?

I mean, not one of you tedious bloody white knights have given any rational argument for why there should be an island segregated by gender, but here we are.

Yes. And there are people who believe in a flat earth.
We need to accept that there are people who say crazy stuff. But just because people say those things does not mean that everyone believes it. Not every women's club/organization/activist/femenist wants men's clubs to be done away with. That's nonsense.

Hashtagnotallfeminists!

No-one said every feminist/women’s club wanted to do this. Quote me. No, just enough of them that the hypocrisy is visible in everyday society. See the article I linked for starters.

Things that belong to men must be coopted in the name of gender equality. Women need Women’s only clubs because they need to join forces to fight the big old nasty patriarchy.

Having a "business club" that excludes certain people makes no sense to me. Having a prostate cancer support group that is mens only makes sense to me.

Ok, and when there’s a biological reason for any of this tripe, as opposed to sexist, hypocritical ideological blather, do let me know.

Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0

MyOwnSockPuppet

Regeneration of myself after computer failure
Feb 22, 2013
Oxford, UK
✟180,729.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
  • Winner
Reactions: Gadarene
Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
No men allowed as guests, I'd imagine that having male construction laborours to build the buildings, male roofers to cover them, male heating engineers to heat them and male power lines installers and maintainers to provide electricity would be just fine.

Don’t be silly, male-only spaces aren’t allowed.

Well, maybe doing the dirty jobs where people tend to die more, but hey, who cares, it’s men.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.