Monroe, LA.
✟9,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Love fulfills the law and the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost.

The Ten Commandments written in stone are done away and abolished in their ministration (2 Cor 3:6-15 KJV)

And we read of the fruit of this life in Galatians 5 22-25
Did you not notice Paul quoting the law right before Galatians 5:22. Obeying the Law is love, love is obeying the Law. That is how love is the fulfillment of the Law. If you love God, you will love his laws and obey them. If you don't love God you will continue to twist up scripture to avoid obedience to God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RexColin

Apr 11, 2019
Monroe, LA.
✟9,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Did you not notice Paul quoting the law right before Galatians 5:22. Obeying the Law is love, love is obeying the Law. That is how love is the fulfillment of the Law. If you love God, you will love his laws and obey them. If you don't love God you will continue to twist up scripture to avoid obedience to God.

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Christ builds His church from within us
Jun 29, 2015
✟169,170.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You cannot obey the law unless you are a new creation where God works in you to will and to do and to make you perfect unto every good work. The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus makes us free from the law of sin and death.

Some seek to follow outward codes and to attain righteousness by the law of Moses and to establish their own righteousness. But the law is not made for s righteous man (a righteous man in faith in God’s righteousness that is) but it is made for sinners. By the law is the knowledge of sin. The law is not if faith and I through the law am dead to the law that I might be married to another. If some try to be married to the law and to Christ they confound the new covenant and the salvation message. If righteousness came by the law then Christ died in vain. We come into life through the righteousness of faith it is through God’s righteousness we have life that righteousness was made known through Jesus Christ.

And read 2 Cor 3:6-15 about ten times in prayer

It is clear

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RexColin

Apr 11, 2019
Monroe, LA.
✟9,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
You cannot obey the law unless you are a new creation where God works in you to will and to do and to make you perfect unto every good work. The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus makes us free from the law of sin and death.

Now you're grasping the concept! In order to live that way, you have to submit your human will for his will, he takes over and you ride passenger, doing all that he asks. You dedicate ALL of your life to what
JESUS wants, the way JESUS wants, how JESUS wants it, when JESUS wants it. He paid for the rights to my life on the cross, he made me, he then made me new, so he owns me. and btw, the Law of sin and death is not the Law of Moses, it is the Law given to Adam that stated; "if you eat from this tree, you shall surely die".... and so when he did, he became under the Law of sin and death. The Law of sin and Death can ONLY be applied if someone breaks the Law.

Some seek to follow outward codes and to attain righteousness by the law of Moses and to establish their own righteousness. But the law is not made for s righteous man (a righteous man in faith in God’s righteousness that is) but it is made for sinners. By the law is the knowledge of sin. The law is not if faith and I through the law am dead to the law that I might be married to another. If some try to be married to the law and to Christ they confound the new covenant and the salvation message. If righteousness came by the law then Christ died in vain. We come into life through the righteousness of faith it is through Hod’s righteousness we have life that righteousness was made known through Jesus Christ.

If you are going to splice and dice scripture to make it say what you want is to say, please atleast give the scripture quotations so that you're mixing of seed can be dissected and placed back in it's original context. For example you state: "But the law is not made for s righteous man (a righteous man in faith in God’s righteousness that is) but it is made for sinners." which is parts of this scripture along with what you ADDED to it for emphasis; 1Ti 1:5-11 NASB But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. (6) For some men, straying from these things, have turned aside to fruitless discussion, (7) wanting to be teachers of the Law, even though they do not understand either what they are saying or the matters about which they make confident assertions. (8) But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, (9) realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers (10) and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, (11) according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted.

this is one of the passages you butchered to make your argument, in which the Law is called GOOD if one uses it lawfully, and is intended for those whom break the Law, and not intended for the righteous. So unless you keep the law, then the Law is for you, yes you..

Here is another passage you butchered: Gal 2:19-21 NASB "For through the Law I died to the Law, so that I might live to God. (20) "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. (21) "I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly."

This clearly states that Works do not save you without giving your entire life to Christ.... no argument here. For even though the Law tells me how I am to live, without the love for Christ, I'd have no desire to live according to his commandments. Joh 14:15 NASB "If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.

You see that the Law is the commandments of God/Jesus, but the simple act of claiming him as God will now save you no more than telling the cops who your daddy is will keep you out of Jail. BU t in keeping tha law out of Love for Jesus, submitting your flesh to his spirit will keep you following the Law. So without Jesus, there is no salvation for anyone who breaks a Law, with love for Jesus you can now keep the Law, because his desires are now your desires, and you have died to self and selfishness. Twisting scriptures around does not keep people from obeying the Commandments of God, pride and selfishness does. Think about that as you read 2 Cor 3:6-15 about ten times in prayer in It's intended context that you so willfully and defiantly try to leave out, that expresses and confirms what I just said with the parts you left out...
2Co 3:1-18 NASB Are we beginning to commend ourselves again? Or do we need, as some, letters of commendation to you or from you? (2) You are our letter, written in our hearts, known and read by all men; (3) being manifested that you are a letter of Christ, cared for by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts. (4) Such confidence we have through Christ toward God. (5) Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God, (6) who also made us adequate as servants of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. (7) But if the ministry of death, in letters engraved on stones, came with glory, so that the sons of Israel could not look intently at the face of Moses because of the glory of his face, fading as it was, (8) how will the ministry of the Spirit fail to be even more with glory? (9) For if the ministry of condemnation has glory, much more does the ministry of righteousness abound in glory. (10) For indeed what had glory, in this case has no glory because of the glory that surpasses it. (11) For if that which fades away was with glory, much more that which remains is in glory. (12) Therefore having such a hope, we use great boldness in our speech, (13) and are not like Moses, who used to put a veil over his face so that the sons of Israel would not look intently at the end of what was fading away. (14) But their minds were hardened; for until this very day at the reading of the old covenant the same veil remains unlifted, because it is removed in Christ. (15) But to this day whenever Moses is read, a veil lies over their heart; (16) but whenever a person turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. (17) Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. (18) But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟169,170.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Now you're grasping the concept! In order to live that way, you have to submit your human will for his will, he takes over and you ride passenger, doing all that he asks. You dedicate ALL of your life to what
JESUS wants, the way JESUS wants, how JESUS wants it, when JESUS wants it. He paid for the rights to my life on the cross, he made me, he then made me new, so he owns me. and btw, the Law of sin and death is not the Law of Moses, it is the Law given to Adam that stated; "if you eat from this tree, you shall surely die".... and so when he did, he became under the Law of sin and death. The Law of sin and Death can ONLY be applied if someone breaks the Law.

If you are going to splice and dice scripture to make it say what you want is to say, please atleast give the scripture quotations so that you're mixing of seed can be dissected and placed back in it's original context. For example you state: "But the law is not made for s righteous man (a righteous man in faith in God’s righteousness that is) but it is made for sinners." which is parts of this scripture along with what you ADDED to it for emphasis; 1Ti 1:5-11 NASB But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. (6) For some men, straying from these things, have turned aside to fruitless discussion, (7) wanting to be teachers of the Law, even though they do not understand either what they are saying or the matters about which they make confident assertions. (8) But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, (9) realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers (10) and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, (11) according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted.

this is one of the passages you butchered to make your argument, in which the Law is called GOOD if one uses it lawfully, and is intended for those whom break the Law, and not intended for the righteous. So unless you keep the law, then the Law is for you, yes you..

Here is another passage you butchered: Gal 2:19-21 NASB "For through the Law I died to the Law, so that I might live to God. (20) "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. (21) "I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly."

This clearly states that Works do not save you without giving your entire life to Christ.... no argument here. For even though the Law tells me how I am to live, without the love for Christ, I'd have no desire to live according to his commandments. Joh 14:15 NASB "If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.

You see that the Law is the commandments of God/Jesus, but the simple act of claiming him as God will now save you no more than telling the cops who your daddy is will keep you out of Jail. BU t in keeping tha law out of Love for Jesus, submitting your flesh to his spirit will keep you following the Law. So without Jesus, there is no salvation for anyone who breaks a Law, with love for Jesus you can now keep the Law, because his desires are now your desires, and you have died to self and selfishness. Twisting scriptures around does not keep people from obeying the Commandments of God, pride and selfishness does. Think about that as you read 2 Cor 3:6-15 about ten times in prayer in It's intended context that you so willfully and defiantly try to leave out, that expresses and confirms what I just said with the parts you left out...
2Co 3:1-18 NASB Are we beginning to commend ourselves again? Or do we need, as some, letters of commendation to you or from you? (2) You are our letter, written in our hearts, known and read by all men; (3) being manifested that you are a letter of Christ, cared for by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts. (4) Such confidence we have through Christ toward God. (5) Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God, (6) who also made us adequate as servants of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. (7) But if the ministry of death, in letters engraved on stones, came with glory, so that the sons of Israel could not look intently at the face of Moses because of the glory of his face, fading as it was, (8) how will the ministry of the Spirit fail to be even more with glory? (9) For if the ministry of condemnation has glory, much more does the ministry of righteousness abound in glory. (10) For indeed what had glory, in this case has no glory because of the glory that surpasses it. (11) For if that which fades away was with glory, much more that which remains is in glory. (12) Therefore having such a hope, we use great boldness in our speech, (13) and are not like Moses, who used to put a veil over his face so that the sons of Israel would not look intently at the end of what was fading away. (14) But their minds were hardened; for until this very day at the reading of the old covenant the same veil remains unlifted, because it is removed in Christ. (15) But to this day whenever Moses is read, a veil lies over their heart; (16) but whenever a person turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. (17) Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. (18) But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.
So many things to correct you on here I will have to try to get to it when I have tone

Just know that no believer is under the mosaic law or the Ten Commandments to establish Righteousness.

Read Galatians 3 they first were saved and given the Spirit by the hearing of faith then they could have claimed to now be able to keep the law of Moses and the old covenant and so they went back into bondage again and fought to be made perfect by the law and the flesh. Paul tightly rebuked them got that. fir the law made nothing perfect.

So for some to say that now they have the Spirit so they should be keeping the old covenant and following the Mosaic law are in great error. Read Romans 7!about not being married to the law and Christ at the same time.

Believer are in Christ and the law of Christ. This is different than trying to follow the law of Moses.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RexColin

Apr 11, 2019
Monroe, LA.
✟9,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
So many things to correct you on here I will have to try to get to it when I have tone

Just know that no believer is under the mosaic law or the Ten Commandments to establish Righteousness.

Read Galatians 3 they first were saved and given the Spirit by the hearing of faith then they could have claimed to now be able to keep the law of Moses and the old covenant and so they went back into bondage again and fought to be made perfect by the law and the flesh. Paul tightly rebuked them got that. fir the law made nothing perfect.

Sonfor somd to say that now they have the Spirit so they should be keeping the old covenant and following the Mosaic law are in great error. Read Romans 7!about not being married to the law and Christ at the same time.

Believer are in Christ and the law of Christ. This is different than trying to follow the law of Moses.
I'm good on getting your correction part. As for the rest, Paul obeyed the Law, so I'm certain the perspective you read his writings from is not the same as the one he wrote them from. Again, Jesus is God, law of Christ and Law of God are one and same. If you can rationalize that in to them being two seperate Laws, then nothing more I can say about it that is beneficial.

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟169,170.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm good on getting your correction part. As for the rest, Paul obeyed the Law, so I'm certain the perspective you read his writings from is not the same as the one he wrote them from. Again, Jesus is God, law of Christ and Law of God are one and same. If you can rationalize that in to them being two seperate Laws, then nothing more I can say about it that is beneficial.
Romans 8:2. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.3. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:4. That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.”

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟169,170.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Sonfor somd to say that now they have the Spirit so they should be keeping the old covenant and following the Mosaic law are in great error. Read Romans 7!about not being married to the law and Christ at the same time.

The law of sin and death

Is referred to many times in scripture as we read,

“ Romans 8:2. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.3. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh”

Notice two laws one the law of sin and death and the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus.

We read what the law of sin and death could not do, being weak through the flesh. The Jews sought to be righteous by the works of the law in their flesh but we read,

“By the law is the knowledge of sin”(Romans 3:

And

“I through the law am dead to the law ”

The law kills and exposes sin and death and the law is a ministration of condemnation and death. I refer to the Law of Moses as well.

“ Romans 7:9. For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.10. And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.11. For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.12. Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.13. Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.”

We also read of the curse of the law,

Galatians 3:2. This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?3. Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?5. He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?10. For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.12. And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.13. Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:”

We read more about the death through the law and our deliverance from it,

“ Romans 7:4. Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.5. For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.6. But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.”

Romans 3:28. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.”

Etc etc

Last edited:
Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟169,170.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I didn’t butcher Titus

It is clear that the law is good in a certain use. That use is only to show sin and as a schoolmaster to bring them unto Christ. But after the faith has come they are no longer under the schoolmaster.

It is made for sinners. Not for those who are in the law of Christ, the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus.

The law exposes sin condemns kills and is a ministration of death.

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟169,170.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you believe Christians have to keep the Sabbath? And follow many OT practices such as tithing and feast days and circumcision for Jewish believers?

If so, you would be in error according to the scripture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟847,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances. Ezekiel 36:26-28. The indwelling Spirit itself teaches, obeys and keeps the commandments that was written in our hearts causing us to to walk in the manner which is pleasing to God. His Spirit aligns our hearts with God’s heart and our wills with God’s will. If the Spirit is causing us to keep the commandments, then we are freed from hard human efforts that fail. You will find rest for your souls, for My Yoke Is Easy, My Burden Is Light. Matthew 11:28-30.

The Spirit is life giving by causing us to keep the commandments. If we walk by the Spirit, we have life. Keep my commandments and you will live. Proverbs 7:2. The law is against "deeds of the flesh" bringing death but what law is there against "the fruit of the Spirit" that brings life. If we continue to love God with all our heart, body, mind and soul, then His Spirit is in us and we bear the fruits of the Spirit in us. The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22.

If you live by the Spirit, you will have and walk by the fruits of the Spirit. Whosoever loves, brings joy, makes peace, is patient, is kind, acts in goodness, is faithful, is gentle and self-controlled is obeying the law. So whatever you do, do it in love, joyously, in peace, in patience, in kindness, in goodness, in faithfulness, with gentleness and self-control. One who does them is like the Good Samaritan. Jesus said, "Go and do likewise.” Luke 10:30-37

The Spirit knows the spirit of the law. If you live by the Spirit, then by nature you keep the law and no law is against you. For God looks at the heart and it’s intention, so let everything you do flow from the fruits of the Spirit within your heart. This is what the law and the prophecies spoke about. This is the good news, the grace, the redemption, the freedom, the newness of the covenant and the kingdom of heaven that our king Jesus ushered. This is how it is in His reign. This is why Jesus said we must be born again by the Spirit to see and enter His kingdom. Thank you Jesus.

That is beautiful. Thank you.

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟169,170.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Jesus commandments are different than the law of Moses

Jesus would say things like "it was said by them of old time" (in the law if Moses) but I say...

Matthew 5:27. Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:28. But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.”

The law says an eye for an eye but Jesus says love your enemy etc

We have many commandments of The Lord Jesus in the New Testament, in fact all scripture given in the New Testament is from the Lord and a commandment unless the writers said specifically that they did not wrote by commandment. Which Paul does some times.

Here’s a few examples of what I say here,

1 Corinthians 14:37. If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.”

1 Thessalonians 4:2. For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus.”

When Jesus says to keep “my commandments” he is not speaking of Moses law specifically.

John 15:10. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.12. This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.13. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.14. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0