Jul 7, 2015
✟80,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Does anyone have one of those garden hoses I see on TV which are supposed to never kink? Do they actually work as advertised? I hate kinky hose.
I wouldn't say they "never" kink, but they are kink resistant. They are certainly better than a generic garden hose.

Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Does anyone have one of those garden hoses I see on TV which are supposed to never kink? Do they actually work as advertised? I hate kinky hose.

My wife bought one, seems to work as advertised

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I have one like this. I bought it because I needed a super-light hose that could also fit in a door being compressed when not in use. It works great in those ways, and is also non-kinking.

HOWEVER ... when the water empties out, the whole thing shrinks (shorter) dramatically. In some uses this might be a problem. My whole area is just the porch with the faucet right next to it, so not a problem for me.

I've also only used a relatively short time. They are supposed to last, but I can't vouch for it yet.

IMG_0253.JPG

Upvote 0

myraolive

Dec 8, 2014
Ohio
✟7,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I have one like this. I bought it because I needed a super-light hose that could also fit in a door being compressed when not in use. It works great in those ways, and is also non-kinking.

HOWEVER ... when the water empties out, the whole thing shrinks (shorter) dramatically. In some uses this might be a problem. My whole area is just the porch with the faucet right next to it, so not a problem for me.

I've also only used a relatively short time. They are supposed to last, but I can't vouch for it yet.

View attachment 196899
I had one of these a couple years ago. It was great at first and lasted for a few months when all of a sudden a section of it blew up like a balloon, squeezed itself out of the green fabric sleeve, and POPPED! :fearscream: I took it back to the store and had it exchanged for a new one, and the replacement did the same thing! :frowning: I tossed it in the trash and went back to my old-fashioned regular hose.

I can't speak for the hose OP is talking about, but those shrivelly ones are not worth it imo.

• Informative
Reactions: *LILAC
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I had one of these a couple years ago. It was great at first and lasted for a few months when all of a sudden a section of it blew up like a balloon, squeezed itself out of the green fabric sleeve, and POPPED! :fearscream: I took it back to the store and had it exchanged for a new one, and the replacement did the same thing! :frowning: I tossed it in the trash and went back to my old-fashioned regular hose.

I can't speak for the hose OP is talking about, but those shrivelly ones are not worth it imo.
Hmmmm.

Well I have to hope it holds up. I can't move a regular hose right now.

I do only open the valve low pressure, water everything, then close it and release the pressure. Hopefully it will hold up under those conditions. I appreciate the warning though. I keep it empty because I need to close a screen door on it, but otoh that may not help it either. I need to check that only the rubber presses on it and not the metal.

Thanks again. :)

Reactions: myraolive
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

myraolive

Dec 8, 2014
Ohio
✟7,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hmmmm.

Well I have to hope it holds up. I can't move a regular hose right now.

I do only open the valve low pressure, water everything, then close it and release the pressure. Hopefully it will hold up under those conditions. I appreciate the warning though. I keep it empty because I need to close a screen door on it, but otoh that may not help it either. I need to check that only the rubber presses on it and not the metal.

Thanks again. :)
Hopefully I just had really bad luck and yours doesn't give you any problems!

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hopefully I just had really bad luck and yours doesn't give you any problems!
Well, having it happen twice is suspicious, lol. I will have to hope, and take care. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I got mine at Wal-Mart, regular location with other hoses.

If they don't carry them locally, you might be able to have it shipped to your local store for free pickup from Walmart.com - or shipping is free over (I think about) $40, if you want other stuff. They carry from many other sellers now, and often the other sellers ship free and it counts toward minimum for free Walmart shipping too.

Upvote 0