✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Jesus taught us:

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
(Matthew 22)

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭4:20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I like what yall said.
So I wanted to say something from John so we KNOW if we truly have the right Kind
of love for God and our brother.
We need to start further up in this passage so we can get the whole depth of it.
so here goes.
Little children , let no man deceive you, he that does righteousness is righteous
even as he is righteous. He that commits Sin is of the devil. for the devil
sins from the beginning. FOR this purpose the Son of man was manifest that HE
might DESTROY the works of the devil. Who ever is born of GOD
does not commit sin, for HIS seed remains in him and he cannot sin because
he is born of God.
In this the children of GOD are manifest and the children of satan .
Whoever does not RIGHTEOUNESS is NOT of GOD
NOR he who loves not his brother.
LET it sink in a bit. Why is this so dire.
Because I see a false love all over people. They LOVE not righteousness
yet teach a love your brother and claim its GODS righteous love .
IMPOSSIBLE. An example is. God is love , many say , yet
preach a love for people that is false.
IF a man loves not RIGHTEOUSNESS , HE loves not his brother either.
Sure he may be kind , sure he may even give food to the poor
but he don't correct squat and he leaves his brother in SIN
and worse calls it LOVE. WE have to LOVE RIGHTEOUSNESS to be able to LOVE our brother.
THE LOVE that is shed on our hearts COMES FROM THE............now I want this to sink in real
deep. Just ponder on the next few words
THE HOLY SPIRIT. A WORD SHOULD STAND OUT .
IF our love IS FROM GOD........and FROM HIS.............now let this sink in.
HOLY...........that is the word , HOLY SPIRIT
would not our LOVE BE HOLY......................
so let me say this.
Little children if OUR LOVE comes from GOD by HIS HOLY SPIRIT
then We are HOLY and we KNOW GOD and walk in HIS righteous HOLY LIGHT
but if our love is of the flesh , of the world, then our love is darkness and embraces sin.
and we walk in darkness , and if the LIGHT that is in us be darkness , HOW GREAT that darkness is.
Just something to ponder on today.

Reactions: HeLeadethMe
Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
God is LOVE..
AND all whom HE LOVES HE CORRECTS
paulknew the love that comes from GOD
it CORRECTS
as he once said , though the more abundantely I LOVE
the LESS I be loved. let this sink it .
THE LOVE that comes FROM GOD and that is shed abroad on our hearts
by the HOLY SPIRIT .......should be IDENTICAL to GOD , to CHRIST
now, GOd is love and DESIRES none to perish. ANd it is seen.
HOW often did GOD send prophets to WARN REBUKE CORRECT so as men would repent.
JESUS did this
the apostels DID this
and even from heaven in revelations GOD SON SPIRIT warned corrected and told
each church what it did good , what it did bad and to repent.
SO my question to some is this......why do some see me as such monster
for just doingthis same pattern.
Not saying either of you two do this to me. But in life and on the net
how often I am seen as a hater. I Rejoice , but not in the fact anyone is lost.
That makes me sad. I DO however rejoice when I am persecuted , for amen
its knowing Christ more and more .

Upvote 0

HeLeadethMe

Apr 27, 2017
Toronto
✟32,827.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God is LOVE..
AND all whom HE LOVES HE CORRECTS
paulknew the love that comes from GOD
it CORRECTS
as he once said , though the more abundantely I LOVE
the LESS I be loved. let this sink it .
THE LOVE that comes FROM GOD and that is shed abroad on our hearts
by the HOLY SPIRIT .......should be IDENTICAL to GOD , to CHRIST
now, GOd is love and DESIRES none to perish. ANd it is seen.
HOW often did GOD send prophets to WARN REBUKE CORRECT so as men would repent.
JESUS did this
the apostels DID this
and even from heaven in revelations GOD SON SPIRIT warned corrected and told
each church what it did good , what it did bad and to repent.
SO my question to some is this......why do some see me as such monster
for just doingthis same pattern.
Not saying either of you two do this to me. But in life and on the net
how often I am seen as a hater. I Rejoice , but not in the fact anyone is lost.
That makes me sad. I DO however rejoice when I am persecuted , for amen
its knowing Christ more and more .

Amen frienden thalord, this is an important truth that has been lost to the church in our time. It does hurt some to be corrected though, it hurts the pride or wrong spirit that is being corrected. If we can try and learn that correction is not our enemy and gird up for it, so to speak.......it's the very pride and error that are our enemies. Bible says to speak truth to our neighbour.....and faithful are the wounds of a friend. We have to get back to God's way and no longer the way of political correctness. The two are in complete opposition and it is political correctness that is leading both church and world to this false so-called tolerance and false union of all faiths, which by the way, is not going to hold together for long in any case, for the same reason that communism couldn't work.......human nature.

As we know and receive there is only one answer for the problem of human nature.........to get a new nature/heart through Christ, His gospel, His Spirit. The self righteousness that is the hallmark of the global ecumenical movement is like the thin veneer of civilization, it doesn't take much before the cracks start to show and we begin to see what really lies beneath it.

Upvote 0

HeLeadethMe

Apr 27, 2017
Toronto
✟32,827.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wonder if the Jews felt the same every time the Lord sent them a new prophet or as they read the New Testament, we don't need this we have Moses we have the Torah!

Thankfully Jesus did come and everything is to be tested against Him, what He said and taught and lived out and the scriptures that He said cannot be broken. Any prophet adding to His word or taking away from it, we are not to follow. The new testament passes the test, it is all in agreement with both OT scripture and gospels of Jesus Christ........but the same cannot be said about the mormon prophet, any more than the muslim prophet. False prophets come with one agenda, to lead the flock astray of the one true Christ. It is sad seeing this happen, but God said it would happen to those who did not receive a love of the truth. And what is this truth that we are to love......truth was standing right in front of Pilate when He asked that question.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wonder if the Jews felt the same every time the Lord sent them a new prophet or as they read the New Testament, we don't need this we have Moses we have the Torah!
Only the Jews weren't following the Torah, or the teachings of Moses, or the past prophets at the time new prophets were sent. That was one of the tests of a prophet, to confirm agreement with what has already been revealed. So, your prophets fail in that regard.

Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Any prophet adding to His word or taking away from it, we are not to follow.

In someways I agree, Paul warned the elders of the church in Acts 20;

28 ¶ Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

He was prophesying of the many councils which would arise and from which the Christian creeds would emerge. The Apostles Creed which was written before 390 AD was simple

"I believe in God, the Father Almighty, the Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord....I believe in the Holy Spirit..."

1250 years later the Westminster Confession of 1640 is adding tremendously to that simple confession.

"There is but one only living and true God, who is infinite in being and perfection, a most pure spirit, invisible, without body, parts, or passions, immutable, immense, eternal, incomprehensible, almighty, most wise, most holy, most free, most absolute.... In the unity of the Godhead there be three Persons of one substance, power, and eternity: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost."

I have to say how surprised I was as I began to study with an Evangelical lady many year ago at how much Christianity had taken away from the teachings of the Bible. She told me there was no priesthood and baptism was not necessary yet I read

" Jesus Christ ....hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father" Rev 1

"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned" Mark 16:16

*However on the other hand I disagree.

Peter taught;
19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; where unto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Peter is saying they have the gift of prophecy but first check it with the scriptures, you can't start making things up, this I understand. But he didn't say there will be no more prophecy.

But Paul taught in 1Thess 5
19 Quench not the Spirit.
20 Despise not prophesyings.

Rom 12 talks of prophecy with the proportion of faith we have
5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;......

Paul also taught in 1 Cor 12
3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

So if any man or group has 'the Spirit' they should have these gifts of the Spirit.

However in the very next chapter he gives a prophecy of the coming future.

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

Prophecies fail? knowledge vanish away? the word being used there is katargeō, Strongs says it means "to cause to cease". Why?

Paul goes on
9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

He doesn't know why.

10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. (I'm going to stop questioning and asking why and just accept it as the Lord's will)
12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Some day that which is perfect/ Jesus will come then all that is only known in part will be done away and I will know all things.

After Joseph Smith first vision he had this experience;
21 Some few days after I had this vision, I happened to be in company with one of the Methodist preachers, who was very active in the before mentioned religious excitement; and, conversing with him on the subject of religion, I took occasion to give him an account of the vision which I had had. I was greatly surprised at his behavior; he treated my communication not only lightly, but with great contempt, saying it was all of the devil, that there were no such things as visions or revelations in these days; that all such things had ceased with the apostles, and that there would never be any more of them.

That preacher nailed it, the workings of the Spirit had 'ceased' the spiritual gifts were gone. Why again? Well we know now the priesthood was gone so no one could have the gift of the Holy Ghost given to them by the laying on of hands. No one in Evangelical land even believes there is such a thing as a priesthood or this special gift of the Holy Ghost.

Now that is not saying that the Holy Ghost didn't testify or prick the true believer in his heart to know Christ nor am I saying that men didn't have faith to pray for a healing.

But it's the "spiritual gifts" of knowledge, prophecy and the gift of tongues ceases.

With Joseph Smith's first vision "the dispensation of the fulness of times" has begun, the gifts of the Spirit have come to the earth again. Prophecy and knowledge of the true gospel have been returned.

Mormonism isn't something new but the original Gospel taught by our Savior in the New Testament.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Peoples its a madhouse all over the world and churches.
Because the peoples refused to repent , though generation warned,
now something very dark , very sinister sweeps the land.
It cries for peace and uses examples of why the churches need unity
why the religions of the whole world need to come together...
Its the judgment , you see, for the world and the churches for far too
long refused like a wild born stubborn donkey to repent.
The churches and snuffed the wind of evil doctrines and all in the name of love and tolerance
unity and peace. They have waxed fat and full of idolatry and their dreams
have become the same as the world.
Though men warned , the people only waxed worse, and worse and worse still.
Calling every evil doctrine good and the good holy doctrine as hate and evil.
For all this the weapon formed to lead all to the Son of perdtion
has been birthed. And all who are not in the lambs book of life
will go under the delusion. It comes as a light and men will be more enamored
with their evolving than ever before. And all who know not the lamb
, that repented not , but chose pleasure in the unrighteousness of sin
will believe the lie.
To the peoples this delusion will be seen as the enlightenment of evolution .
It will simply seduce their wicked ego , that has loved sin and hated righteousness
that have put bitter for sweet and darkness for light
that call good holy evil and evil as good as love.
Their is no stopping this. and as time goes on
those under the false light , false love , false unity , false peace
will become persuaded that those who did not conform or evolve
must be dealt with , and all this will happen in the name of world peace
unity , LOVE , TOLERANCE , FREEDOM .
ITs ultimate hyprocrisy will be seen when the dark king comes.
For though it cried tolerant , tolerance, ITS tolerance will be TEETH against the lambs
though it cried love , its love will cause many to bleed out .
and though it cried peace...........believe it not ...WAR was always in its heart.
For it was spawned by satan and given unto men in high places
and fast to work they went to bring the world and her nations all under
the control of dark kings. And the lost will cheer as this dark man of peace
gives them the desire of their heart.
For the wickeds desire , its upmost desire was to RID THE LAND of TRUTH
and all peoples who wont conform to their sin .
And the weapon has been born , for the churches refused to repent
but rather changed doctrines to fit in with the world .
And the delusion increases which leads the world right to this dark king and kings.
It has a name...........INTERFAITH.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
In someways I agree, Paul warned the elders of the church in Acts 20;

28 ¶ Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

He was prophesying of the many councils which would arise and from which the Christian creeds would emerge.

WRONG!

"I believe in God, the Father Almighty, the Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord....I believe in the Holy Spirit..."

1250 years later the Westminster Confession of 1640 is adding tremendously to that simple confession.

"There is but one only living and true God, who is infinite in being and perfection, a most pure spirit, invisible, without body, parts, or passions, immutable, immense, eternal, incomprehensible, almighty, most wise, most holy, most free, most absolute.... In the unity of the Godhead there be three Persons of one substance, power, and eternity: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost."

I have to say how surprised I was as I began to study with an Evangelical lady many year ago at how much Christianity had taken away from the teachings of the Bible. She told me there was no priesthood and baptism was not necessary yet I read

" Jesus Christ ....hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father" Rev 1

"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned" Mark 16:16

*However on the other hand I disagree.

Peter taught;
19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; where unto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Peter is saying they have the gift of prophecy but first check it with the scriptures, you can't start making things up, this I understand. But he didn't say there will be no more prophecy.

But Paul taught in 1Thess 5
19 Quench not the Spirit.
20 Despise not prophesyings.

Rom 12 talks of prophecy with the proportion of faith we have
5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;......

Paul also taught in 1 Cor 12
3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

So if any man or group has 'the Spirit' they should have these gifts of the Spirit.

However in the very next chapter he gives a prophecy of the coming future.

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

Prophecies fail? knowledge vanish away? the word being used there is katargeō, Strongs says it means "to cause to cease". Why?

Paul goes on

He doesn't know why.

10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. (I'm going to stop questioning and asking why and just accept it as the Lord's will)
12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Some day that which is perfect/ Jesus will come then all that is only known in part will be done away and I will know all things.

After Joseph Smith first vision he had this experience;
21 Some few days after I had this vision, I happened to be in company with one of the Methodist preachers, who was very active in the before mentioned religious excitement; and, conversing with him on the subject of religion, I took occasion to give him an account of the vision which I had had. I was greatly surprised at his behavior; he treated my communication not only lightly, but with great contempt, saying it was all of the devil, that there were no such things as visions or revelations in these days; that all such things had ceased with the apostles, and that there would never be any more of them.

That preacher nailed it, the workings of the Spirit had 'ceased' the spiritual gifts were gone. Why again? Well we know now the priesthood was gone so no one could have the gift of the Holy Ghost given to them by the laying on of hands. No one in Evangelical land even believes there is such a thing as a priesthood or this special gift of the Holy Ghost.

Now that is not saying that the Holy Ghost didn't testify or prick the true believer in his heart to know Christ nor am I saying that men didn't have faith to pray for a healing.

But it's the "spiritual gifts" of knowledge, prophecy and the gift of tongues ceases.

With Joseph Smith's first vision "the dispensation of the fulness of times" has begun, the gifts of the Spirit have come to the earth again. Prophecy and knowledge of the true gospel have
been returned.
Mormonism isn't something new but the original Gospel taught by our Savior in the New Testament.

VERY, VERY WRONG!!! Joseph Smith contradicted the Bible whenever he felt like it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Compare the Doctrine and Covenants to the Bible. The Mormons are always telling people to read the Book of Mormon. They don't mention the Doctrine and Covenants which is farther from the truth than the Book of Mormon is. Every time I picked it up as a Mormon, the Holy Spirit was telling me that it isn't scripture. I'm glad God had patience with me! :doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon

Would you care to elaborate what specifically about this you think this is wrong?

VERY, VERY WRONG!!! Joseph Smith contradicted the Bible whever he felt like it!
I don't see a single contradiction with the Bible.
I do see contradictions with extra-Biblical ideas and certain interpretations, but nothing with the Bible itself.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
No one in Evangelical land even believes there is such a thing as a priesthood or this special gift of the Holy Ghost.

Wrong again! We are a royal priesthood. All God' gifts are incredible!

Galatians 5
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

We don't deserve the mercy He has shown us.

1 Thessalonians 5
18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

James 1
17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

God didn't abandon His people for centuries as Joseph Smith falsely taught.

Matthew 28
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
:amen: The world hasn't ended!

Upvote 0

HeLeadethMe

Apr 27, 2017
Toronto
✟32,827.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul goes on

He doesn't know why.

-------------Regarding the above quote.......can wonderingawe or anyone clarify this for me, whether Mormonism believes that that which is perfect has come now, since they believe Joseph Smith ushered in the dispensation of fulness of times...? Is that what the above is saying...? Thanks.

Upvote 0