• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

No Caffeine any more.

Discussion in 'Singles (Only*)' started by Single Life, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Messerve

Messerve Well-Known Member

+525
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I walked off 3,000 calories this afternoon, so I think tomorrow is National Indulge Day for me. ^_^

2. Tone

Tone Star Fish Radiant Supporter

+1,541
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I probably burn 2000 just being in the heat...another 3000 working.

3. Tone

+1,541
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Nah...I don't know how the caloric breakdown would be,but I know that I am putting a whole lot of energy out.

4. Tone

+1,541
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    How do you know you walked off 3,000...fit bit?

5. Messerve

+525
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Yeah a step counter and heart rate monitor. I'm never sure how accurate those things are, but it gives me an idea anyway.

Your photo changed... At first I wondered who was posting!

6. Tone

+1,541
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Oh nice...ha ha...yeah...I change my avatar pic. alot!

7. ReesePiece23

ReesePiece23 The Peanut Buttery Member.

+2,776
    Christian
    It's all about tolerance. I can take in 1,000mg easily - sometimes that's how much it takes to satisfy my 'fix'. For a lot of people, that amount would most likely make them paranoid and nauseous.

8. Messerve

+525
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Funny I never hear people talk about that... I just assumed I was weird.

9. ReesePiece23

ReesePiece23 The Peanut Buttery Member.

+2,776
    Christian
    Anything that stimulates the CNS can do it. All that excess adrenaline has to go somewhere.

10. MehGuy

MehGuy Free speech warrior degenerate Supporter

+6,429
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Cutting caffeine can be hard, but probably a smart decision. Depending how much mg a day you're used too, I'd wean yourself off instead of suddenly going cold turkey.

11. kittysbecute

kittysbecute Jedi Apprentice

+2,978
    United States
    Protestant
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    On occasion I will have caffeine. But it doesn’t seem beneficial to be addicted to it.
    I never liked it until I realized if I drink Dr. Pepper in the evening I will be awake the entire night. I found that to be interesting. So at that point I actually liked Dr. Pepper (I used to think it tastes like soap).
    I am glad not to be addicted to caffeine. I don’t get withdrawal headaches, if I want to be awake and alert I can drink water, eat some food, or exercise. ^_^ (Unless I didn’t get enough sleep - in that case even caffeine wont make up for the lack of sleep.)

@Multifavs I am also nervous to have certain things that I think would make my stress worse. My friend gave me some candy that had something that is supposed to be good to have when stressed. But I didn't want to risk trying something like that when I was under a lot of stress because who knows how it would actually effect me. So I ended up never eating the candy.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  12. Tone

+1,541
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I'm currently enjoying a strong cup of instant Folgers...with Hazelnut creamer...

*Listening to some Floyd...

13. Tone

+1,541
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Hope you're not over thinking it...

14. kittysbecute

kittysbecute Jedi Apprentice

+2,978
    United States
    Protestant
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    Not really. It’s not a bad thing to avoid drugs or added chemicals in foods. I didn’t have to think too long about that. I did research was was added to it so I would be aware.
    In the case of caffeine or a drug that has been consumed before by yourself - if you know of personal side effects you want to avoid or if it is common knowledge that it has a certain effect it would be wise to avoid that drug.
    It likely wouldn’t hurt to try that candy - but I wouldn’t when i’m in the middle of the worst stress.

15. Messerve

+525
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Haven't had any caffeine yet this week and have only noticed a very slight lack of energy - almost not noticeable. And I feel more clear-headed than last week. I'm thinking maybe I should alternate the weeks I get caffeine in the morning to give my CNS a break. The problem is, the caffeine comes from the vitamin drink I've been using, so I won't get those extra vitamins in the off weeks.

16. quietpraiyze

quietpraiyze In The Secret Place

+552
    Christian
    Single
    Wow...okay...if it's good for you then it's good! I didn't drink coffee for a Summer about 2 years ago. I only had one slip up being in a Starbucks seating area where they were offering "samples". I had a sample and then I remembered "oh no!" lol. I didn't go home and put a pot of coffee on though. I just continued on with NOT drinking coffee. It was good knowing that something didn't have a hold on me. I'm not sure if I had any caffeine other than that though...

eta: spelling

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  17. Tone

+1,541
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Speaking of caffeine...it's time...

*Brb...

18. klutedavid

klutedavid Well-Known Member

+2,279
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I'm an addict and I get about three hits a day.
    I'm a long term addict with no hope of getting clean. I love coffee.