Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I thought I would review the actual Nintendo Switch to either save people money by not buying it, or encourage them to buy one.

First off, the Switch has no web browser or Virtual Console right now. The analog sticks on the controllers feel inaccurate even when calibrating. I had some controller syncing issues on the game ARMS. Games are typically $10 higher than the PS4/XBox One counterparts due to lack of Switch game sales (sale-prices I mean) and also higher prices. Controllers are also about $20 more expensive. The internal memory is too small. It is 32GB, but newer games are going to take a lot. I also had the occasional docking issue involving synchronization, which could be fixed by fiddling with it each time for 3 minutes. The graphics of games are noticeably worse than XBox One. Battery life is terrible. Poor third-party support. The internet connection was slow.

Now for the good. The eShop has a lot of good indie games. The screen of the handheld looks amazing. Zelda BOTW is an amazing game but with some weird concepts. This system has as good of a first-party as PS4. Cartridges seem faster than discs. It's portable.

My overall score: 6.95/10

Poppyseed78

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2016
US
✟275,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for your review. I won't be buying a Switch for a few reasons - not in the budget right now, and also because the game library doesn't seem extensive enough to make this kind of investment. I already have a Wii-U, which I was actually disappointed with because it offered few games not already available on the Wii. Also, Nintendo turned me off by charging extra for a charger to go along with the New 3DS. Seems like a rip-off. I've read that the docking station for the Switch tablet can scratch the screen, so it's recommended to buy a screen protector. There are probably even more hidden costs, so it's just not worth it to me even though, in theory, it sounds like a decent system.

Reactions: Left
Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
ty for the review. I think I lost faith in nintendo after I bought pokemon sun and moon and never got interested enough to play it all the way through which is the first time that has ever happened to me with pokemon.

Upvote 0