Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,088,079.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
(Sorry frr the strange way this copied with a lot of blank lines at the top. I have not been able to figure out how to change it, but the important message is below.)
More than 150 Christians were reportedly killed in Nigeria’s Plateau state in the first three weeks of June.

According to Morning Star News sources, Fulani militants were responsible for the killings.

Plateau state governor Caleb Manasseh Mutfwang issued a statement confirming the deaths: ‘Conservatively, in the last three weeks, we have buried not less than 150 people in Mangu Local Government Area,’ he said. ‘And this is aside from not less than 30,000 people scattered in various internally displaced persons (IDP) camps that we are having to deal with now.’

Two weeks ago we reported how more than 40 Christians were killed by militant Fulani herdsmen in raids on a number of villages in Nigeria’s Benue state in June. And just this week Morning Star News reported a further 11 Christians killed in Plateau State and 20 more killed in neighbouring Taraba State.

UPDATE
Last week officials requested a meeting with the pastor of Guangzhou Bible Reformed Church in China’s Guangdong province. They asked him and his house church to join the government-sanctioned Three-Self Church and informed pastor Huang Xiaoning that a taskforce had been formed specifically for his church.

They told him they wanted him to move away from Panyu District in Guangzhou and questioned him about tithes and offerings in his church.

Despite their threats and harassment, Huang shared the gospel with them and answered their questions about Christianity. They were shocked by his preaching. ‘I’m very [open] about what I believe,’ he told the officials. ‘I’m doing what I am supposed to do. And I will continue to do what I’m doing, regardless of the situation.’

Two weeks ago we reported how officials had forcefully entered the church during a service on June 4.

PRAYER AND PRAISE
  • Pray that Christians in Plateau and throughout north and central Nigeria will know God’s strength and comfort as they face ongoing persecution from militants. Pray for comfort for the bereaved and healing for the traumatised
  • Pray for an end to the brutal, two-decades-long persecution of Christians in Nigeria
  • Thank God for the witness of Guangzhou church and for Pastor Huang’s boldness in sharing the gospel with his persecutors. Pray for perseverance and courage for all the church members.

(Source: Morning Star News; ChinaAid)

Please CLICK if you prayed.​

If you received this from a friend please click here to subscribe directly.

To ensure that you always receive these Prayer Alerts in your Inbox, you may need to add our email address liz@releaseinternational.org to your spam filter's 'safe senders' list.

If you are interested in helping persecuted Christians by becoming a Release volunteer please click here.

General enquiries or comments? Please email us directly at: info@releaseinternational.org
The information in this email can be reproduced in church magazines and news bulletins, provided the source is acknowledged.
Release International, PO Box 54, Orpington, BR5 4RT, UK Tel: 01689 823491

Through our international network of missions, Release International serves persecuted Christians in around 30 countries across the world by supporting pastors and Christian prisoners, and their families; supplying Christian literature and Bibles; and working for justice.

Last edited: