News, Do you have a fear of going to the Dentist?

Do you have fear of going to the Dentist?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Johnboy60

Looking For Interesting News.
Dec 28, 2003
Tennessee
✟306,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Bloody, Rusted Instruments Found In Fake Dentist's Car, Police Say.

PALM BEACH, Fla. -- A man believed to have practiced dentistry in Florida without a license was found driving around with bloody dental instruments in his car, according to sheriff's deputies.

Officers said Luis Sanchez ran a red light and was stopped in Palm Beach.

http://www.local6.com/news/15831792/detail.html

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, I'm usually not afraid to go to the dentist. However, I'll admit that I do not like getting my teeth drilled. I've only had that done once and I'll admit, it was scary... especially after seeing this scene on a movie once where the "dentist" was drilling in the patient's mouth and basically drilled it to a bloody pulp. :eek: :help:

Upvote 0

flicka

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 9, 2003
✟36,720.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Not even a little. I had the same dentist for 30 years before he retired and he and his entire staff were almost like family. Now I have a new one but I still go every 4 months (I need extra cleaning) without batting an eye. I tell you, I've had hair salon experiences that were worse than anything done at the dentist office!

Upvote 0

TexasSky

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2006
Texas
✟12,139.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
My fear has nothing to do with the sanitary conditions of the dental office. For years and years I had stomach problems and that had the same affect on my teeth as bulemia has on people's teeth. Dentists who weren't aware of my stomach issues as a young person would assume that I lied to them about brushing, flossing, and avoiding sugars and would lecture and lecture and lecture.

I got sick of being called a liar when I said, "Yes, I do brush and floss." I got sick of having to explain that I had a nervous stomach and that, no, I was never bulemic, just sick.

The price also terrifies me. My dental insurance is a joke. I'd have as much benefit if I stood at my office window and tossed $20 bills into the wind every month.

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
My first drilling set it in stone. (12yrs old 2nd or 3rd time at the dentist)
The dentist drilled 3 teeth before someone told him I might be having some pain. My finger nails were embedded in his chair arms.
His question? Why didn't you say something?
His hands were in my mouth with the painful drill in there too. I can't really have a meaningful dialog.
Until 3 yrs after leaving the military, I could not stand to hear a dentist drill.
The interesting thing, my dentist visits since then, never showed a cavity, and never had cleaning from 5 yrs old to 12(when I had alot of cavitys filled)
In the military, I had cleanings every 6 months, then got out and didn't go to the dentist for 2 years, then waited
10yrs to go back again. Still cavity free, at age 42, and
still dislike the dentist.

Keep the teeth clean, and watch for problems, but I am not one for routine dentistry. (my wife takes my daughters.)

Upvote 0