Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Well had the Decree Absolute approx 4 weeks ago! Gutted.

31 years together. All my fault. Adultery included. One child.

I see no future at all. Finding it very hard indeed. Soon to be living on my own. 2018 is going to be the make or break year for me.

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I see no future at all. Finding it very hard indeed. Soon to be living on my own. 2018 is going to be the make or break year for me.
I will be praying that Jesus comforts and protects you.

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Goatee, so sorry to hear that.

Although you know it was your fault, get right with the Lord first and ask for forgiveness/repent and then believe that you are forgiven in Christ. Condemnation will come in waves from yourself over the next few months, arguably more than from anyone else. By acceptance of Christ's forgiveness and repenting, you will begin to allow the Lord to help you get through the next few months and to change you. Next, when the moment is right for you both, ask for your wife's forgiveness - she will still be hurt and angry but it is the right thing to do and it will help her to heal.

Praying for you and your ex-wife

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Got you, and no need to explain. Continue to keep focused on Him. Just know that God is a forgiving God...

For those of us who have gone through divorce, we have quite a few "what if I..." moments and it is unhealthy when you are in the low seasons to go through those questions.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Divorce can be a wake up call.
There is a lot of grief, uncertainty, loneliness, finding out who your real freinds are, financial problems and perhaps a any other of a number of things we usually consider negative.
But it also cab be a new start, energy to figure things out that bother us, new friends, doing things we always wanted to do but had put off etc.
I knew my communication was really bad, so I went to places and talked to a lot of people to practice talking about things I should have said years ago.

Upvote 0

SamanthaMathis

An Amateur Consummate Traveler
Jun 26, 2015
Northeast
✟27,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
So sorry to hear that. It will be difficult, and the time you have now can be used to reflect. But it is something that will be hard to stop thinking about for about a year. You can still have a future, divorce should not be the end, I hope you feel comfortable with people hear and reach out whenever you are having difficulties or are looking for how to overcome grief.

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0
Mar 9, 2018
Houston
✟2,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Single

You'll be fine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bradley jones

Jul 14, 2019
Houston TX
✟7,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So sorry to hear that. It will be difficult, and the time you have now can be used to reflect. But it is something that will be hard to stop thinking about for about a year. You can still have a future, divorce should not be the end, I hope you feel comfortable with people hear and reach out whenever you are having difficulties or are looking for how to overcome grief.
It’s good to see people who actually care

Upvote 0