• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Newly DIagnosed

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I know it was about T2D but the OP hasn't returned to this thread in over a year, and you just wrote your post today so that's why I asked you. Can you not understand why someone who hasn't been able to sleep in weeks due to pump discomfort might try to take any shot stumbled upon to seek out tips from a diabetic who might also wear a pump? I didn't know you didn't even have to take insulin. T2D is exponentially less intense than T1D. And you only had to start dealing with it at 30, the OP at 40, that's amazing. I can't just make lifestyle changes to alleviate it. I've been thin and fit my entire life and have a 23 inch waist so losing weight won't help. You're fortunate!

God bless you, Ella. I know you're having a real rough time with diabetes. You give encouragement to so many folks around here you definitely are due some encouragement. I just don't have a whole lot of help to give on account of not really knowing all that much about type 1. I think on account of this forum tending to draw in more older folks there's not as many who'd be young, with T1D. I know it's a whole heck of a lot harder to deal with than type 2. Not that type 2 is a picnic but it's not as severe. Sucks you have to sleep with the insulin pump. Hope you can get yourself some good rest.

• Friendly
Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0