Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If that's your position the whole thing reduces down to "he said, she said" with no hard evidence for either side. Thus the sensible thing to do would be to drop the issue until more information appeared, not to insist that somehow something racist must have really happened.
I agree.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Where's your evidence that she and her friend try to get people riled up against the changing demographics in the neighborhood?

Is this a serious question? I don't know about her friend...but her friend didn't make this an issue.

I think we would have to know how she and her friend have addressed these changes while in committee, would we not?

Once again, pay attention to what the community board does...

"mostly serve as mobilizing institutions for communities opposed to specific projects."

They don't mobilize for certain projects, just against certain projects. What exactly do you think happened that night?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Well, at least she got an 18yo immigrant fired...

Dear Valued Customers and neighbors. In light of the recent incident in strand caffe, once again I would like to take a moment and give my sincere apologies to every single one of you who was hurt by this unfortunate situation. Just wanted to clarify that the incident happened in my absence. A manager was also on sick leave. The person responsible was a part time employee in status of a trainee. He was a very new guy who is 18 years old and who recently came to this country and was working at my cafe for only 10 days. All these is absolutely not an excuse for his behavior and is not what myself or other employees of cafe stand for. I would also like to clarify that myself- I’m an Asian & Brown who was raised in this country with multi-culture, and I believe in equivalent freedom of rights for every single human being. I have zero tolerance towards any discrimination and have already took appropriate measures and have fired the person responsible immediately upon hearing of the incident. Further, earlier today I have met with the community members to personally apologies and explain the entire situation. Once again on behalf of my caffe and other employees l deeply regret and apologize to everyone who was hurt and would like to assure you that this will never ever happen again. Everyone is welcome to my strand cafe with equal respect. I wish you all the best.

I wonder what turned him racist so quickly? At least this will teach him not to hate blacks from now on./s

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is this a serious question? I don't know about her friend...but her friend didn't make this an issue.

Once again, pay attention to what the community board does...

"mostly serve as mobilizing institutions for communities opposed to specific projects."

They don't mobilize for certain projects, just against certain projects. What exactly do you think happened that night?
I don't know and you don't either. And we don't know how or what she has advised as a committee member.
That is all that I can honestly say about it.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I don't know and you don't either. And we don't know how or what she has advised as a committee member.
That is all that I can honestly say about it.

You're right of course, there's no way we can know those things...I'm just saying it looks funny.

Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟231,157.00
Faith
Christian
If that's your position the whole thing reduces down to "he said, she said" with no hard evidence for either side. Thus the sensible thing to do would be to drop the issue until more information appeared, not to insist that somehow something racist must have really happened.

But that's not how the new world works - look at all the idiots posting 1 star reviews to yelp and hoping that the cafe goes under. And that's despite ZERO evidence being produced.

If ever you needed an example of why criminal trials should move to professional juries - this is it. Most people are too ignorant to even understand what "evidence" means.

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Maybe under some SJW definitions, lol. Not that some white people are not racist too, although most from western cultures are more polite about it. While other non-western cultures do not have the same PC mindset we tend to have.
So, how can you tell, when a person of one race treats someone of another race with dignity and respect, (being polite), if they are truly racists? What's the tell-tale indicator?

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So, how can you tell, when a person of one race treats someone of another race with dignity and respect, (being polite), if they are truly racists? What's the tell-tale indicator?

Mainly how they talk about other races in private, around solely other white people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How do you know that?

Know what? It's just my observations of other people. At least where I live it's not acceptable to be openly racist. The only people I see engage in such things are people who come from foreign places. Might be different in other areas of the country. Although I think more or less it's about the same.

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Know what? It's just my observations of other people. At least where I live it's not acceptable to be openly racist. The only people I see engage in such things are people who come from foreign places. Might be different in other areas of the country. Although I think more or less it's about the same.
What, specifically, are your 'observations of other people'?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Why would you think that they might be racists if they treat others with dignity and respect?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I've lived in several places around the nation...and I agree. I'm sure that it happens openly at times, but not often.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What, specifically, are your 'observations of other people'?

That I hear foreign people say openly racist things in public that I don't hear people say who are raised in this culture.

Just the other day I heard a black woman warn another black person about a tense work environment dominated by Asians and how they don't like other black people being around them and they try their hardest to provide an unfriendly environment so they'll quit. She pretty much told her not to even bother working there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
There was a recent study where black and white actors met with a real estate about buying or renting properties. Despite having the same financial background, non-white actors received fewer options than their white counterparts. One notable finding in the study was that the real estate agents were polite to everyone, you couldn't look at their treatment and claim discrimination, but their discriminatory behavior is only something you can see when you consider groups of prospective customers. And this problem isn't simply regional, it's nationwide.

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Why would you think that they might be racists if they treat others with dignity and respect?
Exactly.

The default value is, racism, unless proven otherwise. Under that umbrella, any assumption of 'secret racism', even without a shred of evidence, is to be considered true and factual in all circumstances.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm not one to go around assuming people are racist.

Just hard not to think someone is racist when they say racist things in private. I've known people who joke and are friendly with black people, only to say bad things about their race when they're not around. People are complex that way.

• Agree
Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Exactly.

The default value is, racism, unless proven otherwise. Under that umbrella, any assumption of 'secret racism', even without a shred of evidence, is to be considered true and factual in all circumstances.
That's SOP for at least one poster here, as evidenced by that individual's singular fixation on the belief that all whites are racist all the time.

Upvote 0