New Trump Appointee to Foreign Aid Agency Has Denounced Liberal Democracy and ‘Our Homo-Empire’

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
A new Trump appointee to the United States’ foreign aid agency has a history of online posts denouncing liberal democracy and has said that the country is in the clutches of a “homo-empire” that pushes a “tyrannical LGBT agenda.”

Her stated positions put her directly at odds with the stated goals of her new employer. USAID uses a “liberal democracy index” as one of its metrics in deciding whether a country is self-reliant, and it has an entire office dedicated to gender equality and women’s empowerment. The agency’s website says it is working for a world in which LGBT people are “respected and able to live with dignity, free from discrimination, persecution, and violence.”

Corrigan’s appointment is the latest example of the Trump administration bringing in officials to USAID whose stated views put them at odds with the agenda the agency says it promotes.

USAID’s new deputy chief of staff, Bethany Kozma, was previously an anti-transgender activist who wrote in 2016 that transgender girls are boys “claiming gender confusion.” Kozma was formerly a senior adviser for women’s empowerment at the agency.

And last week, The Washington Post reported that a Tea Party activist with a history of making and sharing anti-Islamic comments on his personal social media profiles would be the agency’s new religious freedom adviser. News of the appointment sparked criticism from Muslim groups in the U.S. and the Anti-Defamation League.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A new Trump appointee to the United States’ foreign aid agency has a history of online posts denouncing liberal democracy and has said that the country is in the clutches of a “homo-empire” that pushes a “tyrannical LGBT agenda.”

Her stated positions put her directly at odds with the stated goals of her new employer. USAID uses a “liberal democracy index” as one of its metrics in deciding whether a country is self-reliant, and it has an entire office dedicated to gender equality and women’s empowerment. The agency’s website says it is working for a world in which LGBT people are “respected and able to live with dignity, free from discrimination, persecution, and violence.”

Corrigan’s appointment is the latest example of the Trump administration bringing in officials to USAID whose stated views put them at odds with the agenda the agency says it promotes.

USAID’s new deputy chief of staff, Bethany Kozma, was previously an anti-transgender activist who wrote in 2016 that transgender girls are boys “claiming gender confusion.” Kozma was formerly a senior adviser for women’s empowerment at the agency.

And last week, The Washington Post reported that a Tea Party activist with a history of making and sharing anti-Islamic comments on his personal social media profiles would be the agency’s new religious freedom adviser. News of the appointment sparked criticism from Muslim groups in the U.S. and the Anti-Defamation League.
looks like another example of Trump's strange humor.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat

Her stated positions put her directly at odds with the stated goals of her new employer. USAID uses a “liberal democracy index” as one of its metrics in deciding whether a country is self-reliant...

Tens of thousands of American patriots have died in the past 60 years to bring the ideals of liberal democracy to foreign lands. It's unacceptable for anyone in our government to attack the concept of liberal democracy, it should be immediately disqualifying.

How Orwellian. "Bigotry is freedom", I guess, should be the new mantra.

When you have both prominent Muslims and Jewish groups agreeing on something, you really know you are in the wrong.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
The right complained about Obama but he’d at least hire qualified professionals

It's not a bug, it's a feature. Breaking down and discrediting government is exactly what he promised to do.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
looks like another example of Trump's strange humor.

Bit like your apologist posts defending Trump no matter what he does, speaks or idiots he appoints.

Homo empire....good grief.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Bit like your apologist posts defending Trump no matter what he does, speaks or idiots he appoints.

Homo empire....good grief.
I guess that means you didn't like it, oh well too bad.

Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I guess that means you didn't like it, oh well too bad.

Having your government officials appointed as sick jokes does not sound particularly appealing.

Then again seeing your President I can appreciate other people do not share the sentiment.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not a bug, it's a feature. Breaking down and discrediting government is exactly what he promised to do.

Which makes it hard to refute what two former Generals and a prominent Conservative stated about Trump this week.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If we were truly a “homo empire”, American culture would be a lot more tasteful and less tacky.
Our president certainly wouldn't be running around in a suit cut like a circus tent.

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,908.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I think this is precisely what people who voted for him wanted. I think they still do. Which is why I’m not so convinced he will be defeated. I think they hate gays and abortion more than they value things like checks and balances, competent judges, and science in the CDC and EPA. I suspect if you did a survey of CF readers you’d find that a majority will vote for Trump

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
I think this is precisely what people who voted for him wanted. I think they still do. Which is why I’m not so convinced he will be defeated. I think they hate gays and abortion more than they value things like checks and balances, competent judges, and science in the CDC and EPA. I suspect if you did a survey of CF readers you’d find that a majority will vote for Trump
I don't know about that last part. I'm constantly surprised at how poorly Trump does in polls on this forum.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

I don’t see how America can go through another four years of Trump without changing into something absolutely unrecognizable. Especially as he won’t care about re-election by then.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Our president certainly wouldn't be running around in a suit cut like a circus tent.

Given how much our administration looks like a clown act, perhaps this is intentional?

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
I don’t see how America can go through another four years of Trump without changing into something absolutely unrecognizable. Especially as he won’t care about re-election by then.

If he wins in November, there is no way he won’t run in 2024. Who’s gonna stop him, the Constitution? We’ll see tons of threads on these forums about how we should do away with the 22nd Amendment or how it doesn’t apply to Trump because reasons.

Upvote 0