New Texas rule lets social workers turn away clients who are LGBTQ or have a disability

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟933,338.00
Faith
Atheist
Wow, I am sorry you feel that way.
I don't understand your response.

I agreed that Christians can do the job. I implied that while some non-believers may be jerks at least that don't have to balance a scripture telling them to, say, stone someone picking up sticks on the Sabbath with basic decency.

Upvote 0

justtrance

Dorcus
Oct 26, 2020
south
✟18,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't understand your response.

I agreed that Christians can do the job. I implied that while some non-believers may be jerks at least that don't have to balance a scripture telling them to, say, stone someone picking up sticks on the Sabbath with basic decency.
Ah, I see I see said the blind man to his deaf wife... I didnt interpret your comment that way.

However, even if they do not have scripture, I would hope theyd have some moral code or conscience they try to balance.

Let thee who is without sin cast the first stone *hands rock to tinker grey and says have at it*:tearsofjoy:

• Friendly
Reactions: Tinker Grey
Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟933,338.00
Faith
Atheist
Ah, I see I see said the blind man to his deaf wife... I didnt interpret your comment that way.

However, even if they do not have scripture, I would hope theyd have some moral code or conscience they try to balance.

Let thee who is without sin cast the first stone *hands rock to tinker grey and says have at it*:tearsofjoy:
Of course, I wouldn't claim to be without fault.

Non-believers (and all humans) have an evolved sense of empathy. This is all that is required of a decent moral code. But I don't have scripture telling me to kill people against that sense of empathy.

Upvote 0

justtrance

Dorcus
Oct 26, 2020
south
✟18,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
Of course, I would claim to be without fault.

Non-believers (and all humans) have an evolved sense of empathy. This is all that is required of a decent moral code. But I don't have scripture telling me to kill people against my better judgement.
Ha, neither do I, that died with jesus on the cross. *hugs tinker grey because I dont have to kill them*

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
^true

Social Workers, like every profession have good and bad seeds. However, generally it's a profession of people who sincerely want to HELP everyone the most they can.

That being said, sometimes they realize their own weaknesses and realize that a certain client would be better served by someone else. This doesn't always fall into the line of discrimination on a destructive level. It may be a gift they give to the client, depending on their own inability to serve a certain population.
That's SO true - across the board. Know your wheelhouse.

Reactions: justtrance
Upvote 0