Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Over 30 major cities experienced the violence launched by Antifa and BLM and other leftist groups. Part of Portland even "seceded" from Oregon under the occupation of those rioters. Government buildings, including police stations, were attacked, a billion dollars in damage occurred, and there were many injuries.

And then, on January 6, a gang of people of diverse political leanings entered the Capitol Building and broke windows and scattered paper. Some people even sat in chairs without permission! Many of the people were ushered into the building by the guards! And no one was killed by the invaders, although an unarmed woman was murdered by a guard for no apparent reason.

To try to equate this event to the summer of destruction described above is useless, since the majority of Americans can and do know the difference.
One police officer was killed, almost 150 wounded. Many protestors carried Trump flags. Not all of the Trump people climbed the steps of the Capitol. There were at least 400 arrests.

In 2020 198 people were murdered in DC. That is almost four a week. The city has a Black mayor. Most of the perpetrators were Black. BLM did not protest these killings. The murder rate is higher in predominately Black neighborhoods.

Upvote 0

The One Reborn

Aug 30, 2020
Hannover
✟6,221.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And then, on January 6, a gang of people of diverse political leanings entered the Capitol Building and broke windows and scattered paper. Some people even sat in chairs without permission! Many of the people were ushered into the building by the guards! And no one was killed by the invaders, although an unarmed woman was murdered by a guard for no apparent reason.

History revisionism seems to be the specialty of the right.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
One police officer was killed, almost 150 wounded.
False.

Many protestors carried Trump flags.
Of course! If those people wanted it to look like the crowd was a bunch of Trump supporters and that Trump was behind the event, that's one good way to do it

Not all of the Trump people climbed the steps of the Capitol. There were at least 400 arrests.
...and not a one of them was an arrest for treason or anything of that sort, even though the claim is always made by you-know-who that this was an "insurrection."

Reactions: Toynbee
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Not my point at all.

That's the point your statement tried to make. In fact, you were fine with shooting an unarmed black person who was by himself, and merely threatening an officer, but called it murder when an officer shot a white criminal who was part of a violent mob that assaulted and battered police officers.

I'm saying you can't be fine with police shooting an unarmed white person who has not committed any violent act as far as we know,

She broke into the Capitol with the mob, and they were spraying toxic chemicals on the police trying to keep them away from the House and Senate chambers, beating them with clubs and other weapons,and threatening them.

while complaining about police shooting a black person who is resisting arrest and using a deadly weapon

Turns out Brown didn't have a deadly weapon. You can't be fine with killing a black person who was by himself, not using a weapon, and merely threatening police, but object to police shooting criminals who broke into the capital and attacked officers with weapons, without coming off as hypocritical.

We all get where you're coming from here. You consider these two different things, because one criminal was black and one was white.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Of course! If those people wanted it to look like the crowd was a bunch of Trump supporters and that Trump was behind the event, that's one good way to do it

Sorry, that excuse crashed and burned when police started rounding up the criminals. All Trump supporters, most of whom admitted that they took part in the insurrection because Trump told them to do it.

No point in pretending otherwise. It is an insurrection, because it was a violent attempt to overthrow a legal election by the loser of that election.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
History revisionism seems to be the specialty of the right.

What else could they do? If the insurrection had succeeded, they'd be beaming with pride about it. But since it failed, they're now trying to peddle the story that it was really leftists, trying to assure that Trump remained president.

And yes, they really do think the rest of us are stupid enough to believe that story.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The actual bulletin, warning of a possible repeat of the Jan 6 insurrection.

Date Issued: Friday, August 13, 2021 02:00 pm ET
View as PDF: National Terrorism Advisory System Bulletin - August 13, 2021 (pdf, 2 page, 234.89KB)

Summary of Terrorism Threat to the U.S. Homeland

The Secretary of Homeland Security has issued a new National Terrorism Advisory System (NTAS) Bulletin regarding the current heightened threat environment across the United States. The Homeland continues to face a diverse and challenging threat environment leading up to and following the 20th Anniversary of the September 11, 2001 attacks as well religious holidays we assess could serve as a catalyst for acts of targeted violence. These threats include those posed by domestic terrorists, individuals and groups engaged in grievance-based violence, and those inspired or motivated by foreign terrorists and other malign foreign influences. These actors are increasingly exploiting online forums to influence and spread violent extremist narratives and promote violent activity. Such threats are also exacerbated by impacts of the ongoing global pandemic, including grievances over public health safety measures and perceived government restrictions.

Duration
Issued: August 13, 2021 02:00 pm

Upvote 0

iarwain

Feb 13, 2009
✟105,083.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
We all get where you're coming from here. You consider these two different things, because one criminal was black and one was white.
I have not made any value judgement on what is murder and what is not in any of these cases. I'm saying that protesting the police shooting of the black men in question while okaying the police shooting of the unarmed white woman is inconsistent thinking. For the record, I do not approve of the attack on the capitol, or of Trump's insistence that he won the election.

I don't care for your assumption and accusation that I am racist, even if it is the go to move from leftists to play the race card.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have not made any value judgement on what is murder and what is not in any of these cases. I'm saying that protesting the police shooting of the black men in question while okaying the police shooting of the unarmed white woman is inconsistent thinking.

If you had said that both shootings by the police were justified, or that neither of them were justified, that would be different.

I don't care for your assumption and accusation that I am racist, even if it is the go to move from leftists to play the race card.

You were the one who brought it up. If it didn't play as you hoped, maybe that's a clue for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,779.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It makes no sense that people will riot over Michael Brown and Jacob Blake, but be perfectly okay with Ashli Babbitt being shot, or even celebrate it. And the same people condoning the previous riots are the same people crying the loudest about the Capitol Riot.

On ashli she was breaking into a room with the highest people in government in, with a crowd that was chanting hang mike pence. Wether she directly was a threat or not, the guards had no idea, all they saw was someone breaking into a room they don't have time to ask if she's carrying or even trust if she was. The right likes to ignore what she was doing.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟654,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
On ashli she was breaking into a room with the highest people in government in, with a crowd that was chanting hang mike pence. Wether she directly was a threat or not, the guards had no idea, all they saw was someone breaking into a room they don't have time to ask if she's carrying or even trust if she was. The right likes to ignore what she was doing.

Just as the Left likes to ignore how the "mostly peaceful" rioters were responsible for 25 deaths and billions of dollars in damage. So the Leftists focus on an unarmed woman climbing through a window and try to justify a cop gunning her down. That way they can divert attention away from all the deaths and destruction caused by BLM.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Might be a rough few months ahead.

Where is the evidence of "right wing extremists" making any threats? Sounds more like Leftist fear-mongering than anything based on facts.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,779.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just as the Left likes to ignore how the "mostly peaceful" rioters were responsible for 25 deaths and billions of dollars in damage. So the Leftists focus on an unarmed woman climbing through a window and try to justify a cop gunning her down. That way they can divert attention away from all the deaths and destruction caused by BLM.

The left doesn't bring her up, it's the right that try to make her this hero which she wasn't.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iarwain

Feb 13, 2009
✟105,083.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You were the one who brought it up. If it didn't play as you hoped, maybe that's a clue for you.
I said what I said, which was my only intention. The only way it didn't play as I hoped was you twisting it into something I never said. Which was no surprise, unfortunately.

My only real objection is the double standard applied here. If leftists are rioting, the media portrays them as heroes and the vice president supports bailing them out. If there is a narrative they want to push, they set a standard where an unarmed person should not be shot. But as soon as it is an unarmed woman on the right, that standard becomes "the guards had no idea if she was a threat or not".

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I said what I said, which was my only intention. The only way it didn't play as I hoped was you twisting it into something I never said.

Funny how race cards work. You played it, expecting one outcome, and got another. Maybe that's a good experience to learn from.

My only real objection is the double standard applied here.

You applied it. You were just fine with shooting an unarmed black man threatening a cop, but when a white woman, breaking into the Capitol with an armed and violent mob gets shot, you don't like it. If you didn't like it, you shouldn't have done it.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Where is the evidence of "right wing extremists" making any threats? Sounds more like Leftist fear-mongering than anything based on facts.

WASHINGTON — The FBI and the New York City Police Department passed information to U.S. Capitol Police about the possibility of violence during the protests Wednesday against the counting of the Electoral College vote, and the FBI even visited more than a dozen extremists already under investigation to urge them not to travel to Washington, senior law enforcement officials said.

The previously unreported details undercut the assertion by a top FBI official that officials had no indication that violence was a possibility, and they add to questions about what intelligence authorities had reviewed before the Capitol riot, which led to the death of an officer and four other people, including a rioter who was shot and killed by police.

"Social media is just part of a full intelligence picture, and while there was First Amendment-protected activity on social media to include some people making threats, to this point, investigators have not found that there was an organized plot to access the Capitol," a senior FBI official said.
FBI, NYPD told Capitol Police about risk of violence, officials say

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Just as the Left likes to ignore how the "mostly peaceful" rioters were responsible for 25 deaths and billions of dollars in damage.

Now, the FBI is rounding up those perps. And something interesting is coming out. More and more of them are turning out to be white supremacists, who were seeking to blame it on peaceful demonstrators. Would you like me to show you again?

So the Leftists focus on an unarmed woman climbing through a window and try to justify a cop gunning her down. That way they can divert attention away from all the deaths and destruction caused by BLM.

Why don't you show us someone killed by a BLM member? Checkable source. Can't find an example? Shouldn't that be an important clue for you? So who was killing those police?

You already know, don't you?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
WASHINGTON — The FBI and the New York City Police Department passed information to U.S. Capitol Police about the possibility of violence during the protests Wednesday against the counting of the Electoral College vote, and the FBI even visited more than a dozen extremists already under investigation to urge them not to travel to Washington, senior law enforcement officials said.

The previously unreported details undercut the assertion by a top FBI official that officials had no indication that violence was a possibility, and they add to questions about what intelligence authorities had reviewed before the Capitol riot, which led to the death of an officer and four other people, including a rioter who was shot and killed by police.

"Social media is just part of a full intelligence picture, and while there was First Amendment-protected activity on social media to include some people making threats, to this point, investigators have not found that there was an organized plot to access the Capitol," a senior FBI official said.
FBI, NYPD told Capitol Police about risk of violence, officials say

"about the possibility of violence during the protests Wednesday against the counting of the Electoral College vote" is hardly evidence. It's more of a rumor than anything else.

Upvote 0