Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
But doesn't show the person who pulled the trigger.

It does show that the insurrectionists were violent and dangerous, and threatening the vice president and members of Congress. Once they started assaulting and battering police, it's not remarkable that one of them was shot. What's remarkable is that only one of them were shot.

Nice diversion, though.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Normally, rumors aren't that spot on. They had it exactly right. And now, law enforcement people are picking up the same signals. Hope they do better at heading it off, this time.

So you claim.

FBI and New York Police Department (NYPD) officials warned U.S. Capitol Police of the risk of violence at the Capitol on Jan. 6 amid the planned protests against certifying the Electoral College results, NBC News reported Sunday.
Capitol Police warned by FBI, NYPD of risk of violence at Capitol: report

The FBI has warned lawmakers that online QAnon conspiracy theorists may carry out more acts of violence as they move from serving as “digital soldiers” to taking action in the real world following the January 6 US Capitol attack.

The shift is fueled by a belief among some of the conspiracy’s more militant followers that they “can no longer ‘trust the plan” set forth by its mysterious standard-bearer, known simply as “Q,” according to an unclassified FBI threat assessment on QAnon sent to lawmakers last week, which was obtained by CNN.
FBI warns lawmakers that QAnon 'digital soldiers' may become violent - CNNPolitics

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟654,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It does show that the insurrectionists were violent and dangerous, and threatening the vice president and members of Congress. Once they started assaulting and battering police, it's not remarkable that one of them was shot. What's remarkable is that only one of them were shot.

Nice diversion, though.

No it doesn't.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Normally, rumors aren't that spot on. They had it exactly right. And now, law enforcement people are picking up the same signals. Hope they do better at heading it off, this time.

FBI and New York Police Department (NYPD) officials warned U.S. Capitol Police of the risk of violence at the Capitol on Jan. 6 amid the planned protests against certifying the Electoral College results, NBC News reported Sunday.
Capitol Police warned by FBI, NYPD of risk of violence at Capitol: report

The FBI has warned lawmakers that online QAnon conspiracy theorists may carry out more acts of violence as they move from serving as “digital soldiers” to taking action in the real world following the January 6 US Capitol attack.

The shift is fueled by a belief among some of the conspiracy’s more militant followers that they “can no longer ‘trust the plan” set forth by its mysterious standard-bearer, known simply as “Q,” according to an unclassified FBI threat assessment on QAnon sent to lawmakers last week, which was obtained by CNN.
FBI warns lawmakers that QAnon 'digital soldiers' may become violent - CNNPolitics

You still haven't proven anything, other than that the FBI is looking for ways to perpetuate the idea that ANY violence MUST be from :mad:The Right:mad:, thereby excusing extreme leftist marxist terrorism, such as we saw all of last year.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You still haven't proven anything

Other than the FBI has picked up right-wing extremist activity similar to that which preceded the insurrection on Jan 6. Which is certainly enough for law enforcement people to make some preparations anticipating that Trump supporters might try again.

perpetuate the idea that ANY violence MUST be from :mad:The Right:mad:, thereby excusing extreme leftist marxist terrorism

Turns out, there actually is some leftist terrorism. It's just dwarfed by the number of Trump supporters who are terrorists. So far, over 600 cases todate, and growing.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

No it doesn't.

It's on video, everyone sees it. No point in denying the fact.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Other than the FBI has picked up right-wing extremist activity similar to that which preceded the insurrection on Jan 6. Which is certainly enough for law enforcement people to make some preparations anticipating that Trump supporters might try again.

Turns out, there actually is some leftist terrorism. It's just dwarfed by the number of Trump supporters who are terrorists. So far, over 600 cases todate, and growing.

Arrests and accusations against someone doesn't made them terrorists. Sorry to disappoint, but due process still exists for now in this country.

Reactions: Semper-Fi
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Arrests and accusations against someone doesn't made them terrorists.

Assaulting the Capitol and attacking police, who were protecting member of Congress, makes them terrorists. Many have already plead guilty, many of them admitting that they were just following Trump's orders.

Sorry to disappoint, but due process is taking many of the terrorists down now. Here's one of those officers who protected Congress and the Constitution, showing why he correctly characterized the insurgents as terrorists:

QED.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Assaulting the Capitol and attacking police, who were protecting member of Congress, makes them terrorists. Many have already plead guilty, many of them admitting that they were just following Trump's orders.

Just what I'd expect anyone to do when they want to blame Trump in order to get leniency.

Sorry to disappoint, but due process is taking many of the terrorists down now. Here's one of those officers who protected Congress and the Constitution, showing why he correctly characterized the insurgents as terrorists:

Such a shame to see the leftists in congress exploiting that officer.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Just what I'd expect anyone to do when they want to blame Trump in order to get leniency.

Many of them are proud of it, and say so. They think it's a good thing that Trump told them to go and fight at the Capitol.

Here's one of those officers who protected Congress and the Constitution, showing why he correctly characterized the insurgents as terrorists:

Such a shame to see the leftists in congress exploiting that officer.

Notice that he volunteered the official definition of a domestic terrorist, which precisely describes the insurrectionists who attacked the Capitol:
upload_2021-8-17_20-56-8.png

He had it exactly right. The insurrectionists are domestic terrorists.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Many of them are proud of it, and say so. They think it's a good thing that Trump told them to go and fight at the Capitol.

Saying what you believe your captors want you to say in order to get leniency isn't surprising.

Here's one of those officers who protected Congress and the Constitution, showing why he correctly characterized the insurgents as terrorists:

Notice that he volunteered the official definition of a domestic terrorist, which precisely describes the insurrectionists who attacked the Capitol:
View attachment 304536
He had it exactly right. The insurrectionists are domestic terrorists.

I'm perfectly aware that BLM/Antifa who did each of those things are domestic terrorists. So what's the disagreement here?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Saying what you believe your captors want you to say in order to get leniency isn't surprising.

Sorry, that won't work, either. These people have a history and it's consistent with the terrorist acts they committed at the Capitol. So is their support for Trump, and their willingness to go and follow his orders.

I'm perfectly aware that BLM/Antifa who did each of those things

Saying "BLM/Antifa" is like saying "republican/Nazis." Try to do better. But as you know, when police started rounding up the perps who were on video doing those terrorist acts, they all turned out to be Trump supporters. I realize all of Trump's people were trying the story you're giving us here, but it fell apart pretty quickly. Most of Trump's apologists switched the story to "they really didn't do anything wrong."

are domestic terrorists.

Yes, not all Trump supporters are domestic terrorists, of course. A minority of them at best. But we do see a lot of Trump supporters excusing them as "just tourists." Just tourists who happened to attack police officers, smash windows, vandalize the Capitol, and steal things.

So what's the disagreement here?

You aren't keeping up to date on the current talking points. The police officer was precisely right about the Trump supporters who attacked the Capitol he volunteered the official definition of a domestic terrorist, which precisely describes them:
View attachment 304536
He had it exactly right. The Trump insurrectionists are domestic terrorists.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sorry, that won't work, either. These people have a history and it's consistent with the terrorist acts they committed at the Capitol. So is their support for Trump, and their willingness to go and follow his orders.

Saying "BLM/Antifa" is like saying "republican/Nazis." Try to do better. But as you know, when police started rounding up the perps who were on video doing those terrorist acts, they all turned out to be Trump supporters. I realize all of Trump's people were trying the story you're giving us here, but it fell apart pretty quickly. Most of Trump's apologists switched the story to "they really didn't do anything wrong."

Yes, not all Trump supporters are domestic terrorists, of course. A minority of them at best. But we do see a lot of Trump supporters excusing them as "just tourists." Just tourists who happened to attack police officers, smash windows, vandalize the Capitol, and steal things.

You aren't keeping up to date on the current talking points. The police officer was precisely right about the Trump supporters who attacked the Capitol he volunteered the official definition of a domestic terrorist, which precisely describes them:
View attachment 304536
He had it exactly right. The Trump insurrectionists are domestic terrorists.

I'm still waiting for you to provide any evidence for your claims.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Let's see... I wrote...

So...

Capitol Insurrectionists Said They Were Following Trump’s Orders
“We wait and take orders from our president,” one rioter said.
Numerous insurrectionists have stated that they came to Washington, marched on the Capitol and stormed it on Trump’s orders. These statements can be read or heard in statements of facts and affidavits from the Department of Justice, on-the-ground news reports and interviews conducted after the insurrection, and from the livestreamed footage that the rioters took themselves.

“Our president wants us here,” a man live-streaming from inside the Capitol building said, according to a New York Times report. “We wait and take orders from our president.”

“The President asked for his supporters to be there to attend, and I felt like it was important, because of how much I love this country, to actually be there,” Larry Brock Jr., an Air Force veteran who was seen on the floor of the Senate in a helmet and fatigues while holding flex-cuffs, told The New Yorker. (Brock was later arrested.)

“He said, ‘Hey, I need my digital soldiers to show up on January 6.’ And we all did,” Doug Sweet, a 58-year old who stormed the Capitol and was later arrested, told The Wall Street Journal.
Capitol Insurrectionists Said They Were Following Trump’s Orders | HuffPost

Want to see more? There's lots more, if you want.

QUOTE="Aldebaran, post: 76177297, member: 251418"]I'm still waiting for you to provide any evidence for your claims.[/QUOTE]

Let's see... I wrote...

Twice-impeached former President Donald Trump on Sunday praised his supporters who stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 in a violent attempt to overturn President Joe Biden’s 2020 election victory.

“These were peaceful people, these were great people,” Trump said in an interview with Fox News host Maria Bartiromo.

Recalling the events of Jan. 6, Trump claimed “there was love in the air” at his rally earlier that day at the White House, and falsely said there was a “lovefest between the Capitol Police and the people that walked down to the Capitol.”

“They are military people, and police officers and construction workers,” he added. “They are tremendous. In many cases, tremendous people.”

Donald Trump Calls Jan. 6 Capitol Insurrectionists ‘Great People’

Let's see... I wrote...

GOP congressman who said rioters like ‘tourists’ shown barricading door in newly released photos
Rep. Andrew Clyde made headlines last week when he claimed the Jan. 6 Capitol takeover was just another day of “normal tourist visits.”

The GOP representative who downplayed the Capitol riots was seen on camera barricading a door on the deadly day.
GOP congressman who said rioters like ‘tourists’ shown barricading door in newly released photos

Let's see... I wrote...
You aren't keeping up to date on the current talking points. The police officer was precisely right about the Trump supporters who attacked the Capitol he volunteered the official definition of a domestic terrorist, which precisely describes them. He had it exactly right. The Trump insurrectionists are domestic terrorists.

He had it precisely right. The Trump insurrectionists are domestic terrorists. By official definition.

Anything else you missed?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Let's see... I wrote...

So...

Capitol Insurrectionists Said They Were Following Trump’s Orders

“We wait and take orders from our president,” one rioter said.
Numerous insurrectionists have stated that they came to Washington, marched on the Capitol and stormed it on Trump’s orders. These statements can be read or heard in statements of facts and affidavits from the Department of Justice, on-the-ground news reports and interviews conducted after the insurrection, and from the livestreamed footage that the rioters took themselves.

“Our president wants us here,” a man live-streaming from inside the Capitol building said, according to a New York Times report. “We wait and take orders from our president.”

“The President asked for his supporters to be there to attend, and I felt like it was important, because of how much I love this country, to actually be there,” Larry Brock Jr., an Air Force veteran who was seen on the floor of the Senate in a helmet and fatigues while holding flex-cuffs, told The New Yorker. (Brock was later arrested.)

“He said, ‘Hey, I need my digital soldiers to show up on January 6.’ And we all did,” Doug Sweet, a 58-year old who stormed the Capitol and was later arrested, told The Wall Street Journal.
Capitol Insurrectionists Said They Were Following Trump’s Orders | HuffPost

Want to see more? There's lots more, if you want.

QUOTE="Aldebaran, post: 76177297, member: 251418"]I'm still waiting for you to provide any evidence for your claims.

Let's see... I wrote...

Twice-impeached former President Donald Trump on Sunday praised his supporters who stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 in a violent attempt to overturn President Joe Biden’s 2020 election victory.

“These were peaceful people, these were great people,” Trump said in an interview with Fox News host Maria Bartiromo.

Recalling the events of Jan. 6, Trump claimed “there was love in the air” at his rally earlier that day at the White House, and falsely said there was a “lovefest between the Capitol Police and the people that walked down to the Capitol.”

“They are military people, and police officers and construction workers,” he added. “They are tremendous. In many cases, tremendous people.”

Donald Trump Calls Jan. 6 Capitol Insurrectionists ‘Great People’

Let's see... I wrote...

Rep. Andrew Clyde made headlines last week when he claimed the Jan. 6 Capitol takeover was just another day of “normal tourist visits.”

The GOP representative who downplayed the Capitol riots was seen on camera barricading a door on the deadly day.

Let's see... I wrote...

You aren't keeping up to date on the current talking points. The police officer was precisely right about the Trump supporters who attacked the Capitol he volunteered the official definition of a domestic terrorist, which precisely describes them. He had it exactly right. The Trump insurrectionists are domestic terrorists.

Anything else you missed?

[/QUOTE]

Repeated claims are not evidence, no matter how many times you (spam) repeat them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Repeated claims are not evidence, no matter how many times you (spam) repeat them.

I see your denial, but the facts I'm showing you, make your denial pointless. Why not just learn from it?

And maybe you guys can come up with one story and stick with it? It seems to switch between "there wasn't anything wrong; those people were peaceful tourists", and "it was all Antifa doing the insurrection."

You're kinda working against yourselves right now.

Upvote 0