✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
NothingButTheBlood said:
Abortion will always be legal as long as women think that restricting it some how makes them submissive to men and religion.

You mean once man admits "she is woman, hear her roar" it will come to an end?

Kinda like wanting something real bad and the minute you get it, you don't really care for it.

VERY VERY VERY good point.

Upvote 0

crazyfingers

May 17, 2002
Massachusetts
Visit site
✟18,923.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The numbers don't add up.

According to the linked story:

Always legal 27%

Legal most of the time 19%

Illegal with some exceptions 41%

Always illegal 2%

Don't know 3%

Total 92%

Generally legal 27+19=46%
Generally illegal 41+2=43%
Don't now 3%

How do they arrive at the conclusion that a majority believe that it should be illegal with some exceptions? And where did the lost 8% go?

Did I miss something? :scratch:

Upvote 0

charmtrap

Iä-R’lyeh! Cthulhu fhtagn
May 14, 2004
SF, CA
✟3,333.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
crazyfingers said:
How do they arrive at the conclusion that a majority believe that it should be illegal with some exceptions? And where did the lost 8% go?

Did I miss something? :scratch:

Given the fact that they misspelled Bloomberg, I wouldn't put a lot of stock in their counting either...

Upvote 0

murron

Matt 5:39, Matt 18:21-22, Gal 5:22-23
Sep 17, 2004
✟24,282.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Please note that rule 4.2 has been changed. Homosexuality, abortion, etc may not be discussed in any forum except Ethics & Morality, Liberal Theology, Christian Philosophy or the congregation forums.

4.2 You will restrict any posts about the following controversial topics to the Ethics & Morality, Liberal Theology or Christian Philosophy forums, or any subforums in the Congregation section:
a. drug use.
b. gambling.
c. polygamy.
d. extramarital sexual activity.
e. abortion.
f. homosexuality.
g. transsexuality.
This site uses the scriptural definition of marriage which is a union between a man and a woman. In addition, the debate of the morality of the above topics must be backed by evidence complete with citations. Standard citations are acceptable but links are preferred. The above topics are also disallowed in profile entries including avatars and signatures as these are not intended to be used in such a manner.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.