Status
Not open for further replies.

I <3 Abraham

Go Cubbies!
Jun 7, 2005
✟18,730.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
And why was this gross inequality allowed to go on most of recorded history?
People are inherently sinful and oppress and hurt one another right and left?

Edit to add: How long will these laws have to be in effect before people realize that the institution of marriage will survive the "threat" posed by more people getting married? 5 Years, 10, 20?

Upvote 0

chalice_thunder

Senior Veteran
Jan 13, 2004
Seattle
Visit site
✟7,202.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
People are inherently sinful and oppress and hurt one another right and left?

Edit to add: How long will these laws have to be in effect before people realize that the institution of marriage will survive the "threat" posed by more people getting married? 5 Years, 10, 20?
Agreed, buddy. The threat thing really irks me.

My relationship in no way threatens anyone's marriage.

In fact, more married couples should look at wholesome, long-term unions such as mine and many others as a POSITIVE EXAMPLE of what marriage can be. My partner and I are getting ready to start Year #23, and we are happier and healthier than ever. And I know personally another dozen couples in my own town alone who have as many or more faithful years together.

Reactions: CCGirl
Upvote 0

DhaliClone

Oct 28, 2004
✟17,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The point I'm trying to make is that gay marriage is wrong, just like paedophilia is wrong. Paedophilia should not be allowed, and gay marriage should not be allowed.

They two completely different issues. Pedophilia involves an adult and a child, who is unfit and unable to consent, and there is a victim. Gay marriage involves two adults, both consenting, and there is no victim.

You only have this belief because of your religion, there is absolutely ZERO secular reason for this belief. And since it's your religious conviction, it has ZERO basis in laws and government.

And why was this gross inequality allowed to go on most of recorded history?

Uh, so? Slavery has been around much longer than marriage, but does that makes it OK? Murder has been around even longer, does that make it OK? Assuming that length of time = correctness is grossly incorrect.

And same-sex coupling is not new, you can find many instances of it not only in history, but in nature among other animals.

Upvote 0

Morcova

Oct 30, 2006
✟10,470.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
The point I'm trying to make is that gay marriage is wrong, just like paedophilia is wrong. Paedophilia should not be allowed, and gay marriage should not be allowed.

Pedophilla hurts a child. Gay marriage hurts nobody.

Upvote 0

Morcova

Oct 30, 2006
✟10,470.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
What's the threat to marriage? Oh yeah... 3% of the country wants to be allowed to marry the person they love.

Anyone who has taken a look at the facts knows that this has nothing to do with marriage and everything to do with hatred of gays.

How do we know this? Basic logic that's how. Almost half of all marriages end in divorce. Somehow allowing bob and gary to marry is worse than that.

It's not about marriage people. It's about pure hatred. If it wasn't we'd see the theocrats in training trying to pass laws to make divorce harder.

Upvote 0

icedtea

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2006
Ohio
✟30,909.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
And same-sex coupling is not new, you can find many instances of it not only in history, but in nature among other animals.
Yes, in the outskirts, its not a common thing. If it was, that animal species would die out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DhaliClone

Oct 28, 2004
✟17,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Yes, in the outskirts, its not a common thing. If it was, that animal species would die out.
It's not exactly "common" with humans either, since 3-5% identify themselves as homosexual. And, letting homosexuals marry would cause humans to "die out"? :confused:

So you are trying to say the dumb ones are heterosexual? It seems so. Etinction is a good thing then, favored by evolution?
Come on, HD, I know you're smarter than this. You've proven that in the past. Please don't succumb to LovesTruth's style. :(

Upvote 0

LovesTruth

May 22, 2006
✟2,092.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Letting homosexuals marry would cause social ills and harm children. God set the blueprint for marriage and humans have proven His wisdom.

The fact is that homosexuals can mature out of that problem with counselling and tens of thousands do!

Why endorse a harmful and desease-spreading lifestyle that damages society, when it can be cured? Jesus Christ has a better idea!

Reactions: icedtea
Upvote 0

imind

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2005
✟30,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Letting homosexuals marry would cause social ills and harm children.
completely unsubstantiated.

The fact is that homosexuals can mature out of that problem with counselling and tens of thousands do!
time and again these 'repaired' people have been asked to support their claims and never do because its a false claim. the above is simply not true.

[Why endorse a harmful and desease-spreading lifestyle that damages society, when it can be cured? Jesus Christ has a better idea!
homosexual sex doesn't spread disease any more than heterosexual sex does, and does not damage to society whatsoever.

Upvote 0

DhaliClone

Oct 28, 2004
✟17,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

All of the evidence provided shows otherwise. Do you have any evidence for this? (No.)

None of these people actually back-up what they say.

Why endorse a harmful and desease-spreading lifestyle that damages society, when it can be cured? Jesus Christ has a better idea!

If homosexuality is "desease-spreading," how do you explain that the "most Christian" part of the country has the highest onset of STDs (and the highest teen pregnancy rate and the highest divorce rate). Is this Jesus Christ's idea that you were talking about? :confused:

Now, LovesTruth will get eerily quiet, as he usually does when actual facts are presented.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Morcova

Oct 30, 2006
✟10,470.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian

The above is of course false.

What's the threat to marriage? Oh yeah... 3% of the country wants to be allowed to marry the person they love.

Anyone who has taken a look at the facts knows that this has nothing to do with marriage and everything to do with hatred of gays.

How do we know this? Basic logic that's how. Almost half of all marriages end in divorce. Somehow allowing bob and gary to marry is worse than that.

It's not about marriage people. It's about pure hatred. If it wasn't we'd see the theocrats in training trying to pass laws to make divorce harder.

LovesTruth, the day your side proposes a law to limit divorce I'll begin to believe this discussion has anything to do with marriage.

Upvote 0

icedtea

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2006
Ohio
✟30,909.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If homosexuality is "desease-spreading," how do you explain that the "most Christian" part of the country has the highest onset of STDs
You have a point here, for sure. People really need to have a prospective partner checked before they have sex, it matters not if they are same sex or not.

Upvote 0

chalice_thunder

Senior Veteran
Jan 13, 2004
Seattle
Visit site
✟7,202.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
FALSE!

"Common" does not mean "prevalent."

Human Society has thrived and greatly benefited from the gay community throughout history. And we are still thriving.

Upvote 0

chalice_thunder

Senior Veteran
Jan 13, 2004
Seattle
Visit site
✟7,202.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Letting homosexuals marry would cause social ills and harm children. God set the blueprint for marriage and humans have proven His wisdom.

Source please.

Upvote 0

mwb

Senior Veteran
Dec 3, 2005
✟11,020.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm curious: How deeply are we getting into the discussion?

Are we discussing whether two men or two women can provide for a child or whether a child is affected by not having a mother (if with two men) or a father (if with two women)?

Obviously a child raised by same sex couples can be raised properly & cared for. If the couple has lots of money & can afford to send the child to the best schools & give the child all the material possessions he or she could ever want or need.

But wouldn't it be a problem for a girl being raised by two women to understand men when she grows up? Our parents are our role models. If a girl raised by two women has no connection with a man as a child, I think she would have trouble connecting with them as an adult.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.