New House speaker has reputation for being a man of faith, family and conservative convictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Rep. Mike Johnson of Louisiana was a virtual unknown before he burst onto the national scene as House speaker.

Mr. Johnson, 51, has been a low-profile member during his six years in Congress. He is known for quoting Scripture and serving as a guidepost on constitutional issues.

On Wednesday, he was elevated to one of the highest positions of power in government in a whirlwind turn of events in a matter of hours.

:clap::clap::clap:

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
He tried to over throw an election. He should have been fired. If it wasn't for that. I would say he should work at a church. Not governing mine or other people private business.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
He tried to over throw an election. He should have been fired. If it wasn't for that. I would say he should work at a church. Not governing mine or other people private business.
The Democrats' plan, to gain an advantage in the House, backfired.

I guess we'll have to live with that. I've come to terms with that. it. I feel better already

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A wrong choice, made unanimously by all the Democrats in the House... Makes one call into question their bad decision-making on a range of topics. Starting with Iran to the Southern border.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Exactly. We don't need a far-right religious leader, we need one who will do work for Americans....all of them not just republicans.

He will be a disaster IMO.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Rep. Mike Johnson of Louisiana was a virtual unknown before he burst onto the national scene as House speaker.

Mr. Johnson, 51, has been a low-profile member during his six years in Congress. He is known for quoting Scripture and serving as a guidepost on constitutional issues.

On Wednesday, he was elevated to one of the highest positions of power in government in a whirlwind turn of events in a matter of hours.

:clap::clap::clap:
I wish him all the best of luck.

He looks like Brick Tamland.

1698326116857.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: ThatRobGuy
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Democrats' plan, to gain an advantage in the House, backfired.

I guess we'll have to live with that. I've come to terms with that. it. I feel better already

Funny, I don't recall the minority leader ever proposing a plan.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A wrong choice, made unanimously by all the Democrats in the House... Makes one call into question their bad decision-making on a range of topics. Starting with Iran to the Southern border.

The Republicans unanimously elected their leader....after 3 weeks. Unanimous votes by the party Conference on the House Floor is how it's always done. Differences are normally sorted out prior to the House floor vote.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
“We adore him, and I think he’s gonna do a great job for the country and for the right reasons. Mike Johnson has not bought and paid for. Mike Johnson does what is right,” Gaetz said.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
He stands for his party, not the country.

We don't need a far-right religious leader, we need one who will do work for Americans....all of them not just republicans.

House gridlock breaks with new speaker who promises ‘aggressive schedule’ for the people’s business​

“You’re going to see an aggressive schedule in the days and weeks ahead,” he said. “You’re going to see Congress working as hard as it’s ever worked, and we’re going to deliver for the American people.”

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
“You’re going to see an aggressive schedule in the days and weeks ahead,” he said. “You’re going to see Congress working as hard as it’s ever worked, and we’re going to deliver for the American people.”
That's a weird way to describe more pointless failed investigations of a sitting President.

Reactions: Terri Dactyl
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
At this point ( even if I agreed with you on the election issue) unless he was impeached the only people who could "fire" him would be the citizens of that particular part of LA he represents maybe they agree with him and so do not want to fire him or if it is anything like my district he may have been running unopposed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
He's an election denier of the first order and a Trump sycophant, which in my book means he's morally depraved and despicable, beneath his clean-cut exterior.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Exactly. We don't need a far-right religious leader, we need one who will do work for Americans....all of them not just republicans.

He will be a disaster IMO.

On the bright side, Democrats will have lots of fodder for campaign ads in 2024.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
most people in Louisiana actually share his repugnant attitudes about gays, or his extremist views on abortion.
You mean Christian family values? That was already pointed out in the title of the thread.

Normal

1698342918045.png

Extremists

1698342734066.png

.​

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.