New House speaker has reputation for being a man of faith, family and conservative convictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The atheists say, "Didn't we see that guy come out of a church? We can't trust him!"
The gay liberals say, "Isn't that guy married to a woman? Wait it's worse, he's even in a covenant marriage! We can't trust him!"
If you actually believe that you are projecting the things religious bigots are saying about atheists.

• Winner
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Read the thread. You'll get the idea.
I have. All I see are accusations that some people “don’t trust” politicians.
This, (I am abashed to have to say) is “normal”.
Are you new to politics?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
o_mlly said:

It seems the heterophobes an religiophobes pursue the usual liberal tactic: first, try to murder the man's reputation in the womb, so to speak, eg., "orange hair" bad, conservative convictions bad.

You're losing focus here. Trump lost, by a margin he referred to as a "landslide." He lied about the election. He tried and failed in numerous lawsuits to overturn the election. In desperation, he sent a mob to the Capitol to attack the building in an attempt to stop the certification of the election. And that failed. Now, he's been indicted for those crimes and may go to prison for it.

His hair, his sexual perversions, and other faults are irrelevant to the case.

My focus is on Speaker Johnson, not Trump.
Probably a bad idea to bring Trump up, then. Check your eyeglass prescription.
Some are still suffering from Trump Syndrome, I guess.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,823.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Why should anyone have to hide their revulsion or fascination with black people?

Good question. Should someone have to go places they do t want to just cause they don't like being around certain people?

I know liberals who don't want to be around Trump supporters. Should they have to hide their revulsion fascination?

I know liberals who won't be around family because they are conservatives. Should they hide their revulsion?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Good question. Should someone have to go places they do t want to just cause they don't like being around certain people?
No, that shouldn't be necessary. But such people shouldn't be in a position of governmental authority for the obvious reason.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
young-latin-woman-shouting-aggressively-with-angry-expression-with-fists-clenched-celebrating-...jpg

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.