Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
they dont know very much about the new variant ,it is very new one in South Africa and is fast at spreading its more just in case
so why freak out until they know how since it appears to not be a whole heck of a lot.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟887,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Vax for omega variant in the pipeline?
They say it will be out in March . I have decided not to get it (if it comes out) I did get the first two shots.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Then you don't follow scripture...
Hebrews 13:17 17 Have confidence in your leaders and submit to their authority, because they keep watch over you as those who must give an account. Do this so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no benefit to you.

Romans 13:1 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

Mostly, you won't die if you don't get vaccinated. But you're much more likely to die if you don't. Reality is a tough way to learn.

That's the data.

Throughout August, the risk of dying from Covid-19 was 11 times higher for unvaccinated adults than for fully vaccinated adults in the United States, according to new data published by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Unvaccinated adults faced a six times higher risk of testing positive for Covid-19 throughout the month, and In the last week of August, the risk of being hospitalized was nearly 19 times higher for unvaccinated adults than fully vaccinated adults.
New CDC data shows the risk of dying from Covid-19 is 11 times higher for unvaccinated adults than for fully vaccinated adults - CNN

Isn't there also a verse that says something like, Should we follow you or God? And another verse that says the devil took Jesus up to a high mountain, and said he'd give them to Him? Did the prince of this world offer something that he didn't actually own?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Isn't there also a verse that says something like, Should we follow you or God?

Hebrews 13:17 17 Have confidence in your leaders and submit to their authority, because they keep watch over you as those who must give an account. Do this so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no benefit to you.

Romans 13:1 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

Do you think that verse cancels out God's word that we should obey lawful orders of civil authority?

No, I don't think so.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
New horrific gmo variant virus released to keep the money flowing

All mutations are genetically modified. By nature. But of course, they don't have any "purpose" at all. If you think they do, I'm sure everyone would be interested in your checkable evidence that they where produced for a purpose. What do you have?

If seems just absurd to imagine that a pandemic virus will not mutate from time to time. It would be astonishing if it did not. And the omicron variant seems to be less of a threat than the delta variant. So there is that.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Isn't there also a verse that says something like, Should we follow you or God?

And another verse that says the devil took Jesus up to a high mountain, and said he'd give them to Him? Did the prince of this world offer something that he didn't actually own?

Do you think that verse cancels out God's word that we should obey lawful orders of civil authority?

No, I don't think so.

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

"We must obey God rather than men", or the letters to Romans and Hebrews?

Matthew 4:8-9 and John 12:31, or the letters to Romans and Hebrews?

Revelation 2:10 Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I fear now for the completely unvaccinated, whether by choice or circumstance. I advise isolate very strictly indeed.

Those of us triple jabbed cannot be too sure either. This is a clever virus.

Honestly that sounds like paranoia...

"There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love." 1 John 4:18

Last edited:
Reactions: Ligurian
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟466,025.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
there is covid Vax panic everyone and there mothers are getting the booster 100's people queuing at hospitals or Vax centres etc

Omicron accounts for 20% of Covid cases in England - BBC News

'So many they can't cope': Huge queues build as people wait for hours to get booster jabs - LBC

That expresses the spiritual state of mankind very clearly. People need to know God more than ever. (Again... 1 John 4:18)

A thousand years ago, sans anything resembling modern medicine people lived... They had joy in family and friends, they lived life while they had life to live. They lived knowing each day may be their last because they understood just breathing wasn't what life was about.

They could have put themselves in prisons of their own making cowering in fear of death but did they? No.

What have we lost today? Apparently an awful lot on the spiritual front.

Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟466,025.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
That expresses the spiritual state of mankind very clearly. People need to know God more than ever. (Again... 1 John 4:18)

A thousand years ago, sans anything resembling modern medicine, people lived... They had joy in family and friends, they lived life while they had life to live. They lived knowing each day may be their last because they understood just breathing wasn't what life was about.

They could have put themselves in prisons of their own making cowering in fear of death but did they? No.

What have we lost today? Apparently an awful lot on the spiritual front.
i think you are right my friend no one worried about things like these years and years ago i think as we have got more and more medical advancements and technical advancements as they years go by we are becoming more and further away from God and to be honest i worry about this kinda thing we are becoming more sinful as time goes on yes it good to have these things but i can see the bad side of this i normally have a negative mind set but am trying to make myself more positive through Jesus .

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
i think you are right my friend no one worried about things like these years and years ago i think as we have got more and more medical advancements and technical advancements as they years go by we are becoming more and further away from God and to be honest i worry about this kinda thing we are becoming more sinful as time goes on yes it good to have these things but i can see the bad side of this i normally have a negative mind set but am trying to make myself more positive through Jesus .

Our time here is fleeting so we make the time we have count in meaningful ways, in the positive ways we can touch one another's lives.

We can't touch anyone living behind a wall... We interact with others in the surety God has us in His care, and He has a house prepared for us whenever this body dies, however we meet our end.

Not even a sparrow dies without being in God's Hand, how much more worth are you than a sparrow? Many times more.. Read: Matthew 10:29-31

Fear not... Read: Isaiah 41:10

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, God has provided vaccines. He gave humans intelligence and ability to choose. Anyone who has chosen not to have the 3 necessary injections has no protection. It takes time to build up antibodies. To refuse is like choosing not to wear armour and shield in a battle and pretend the enemy is not dangerous.

There was a case of a preacher, Hill Song Mega Church in America, recently who chose to rely entirely on his faith and preached against vaccination. The virus killed him. Many others like him have perished. That is preventable tragedy.

It is not paranoid to take every sensible step to preserve your health and life. Scientists are working to help, so are numerous doctors, nurses, volunteers. Yet people choose to reject the help. The pharmaceutical companies are doing what they are best at and have worked miracles. We are so lucky.
The biggest obstacles are the distrust and conspiracy theories.

• Agree
Reactions: Lily76_
Upvote 0