✟15,257.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi everyone,

Happy to have been able to find this forum. Looking forward to talk with other Christians about God centred subjects!

I was raised in a Christian home, was always 'interested' in God but had my rebellious phase as a teen and wondered away from the Faith until that joyous year of 2015 when my love for my saviour was 'rekindled'. That year I was baptised. I am still struggling with what that really mean or encompass but I believe I saw the workings of the Holy Spirit in my life. God changed the inclinations of my heart and all I wanted as a lost person, I do not want anymore, all I want now is for my life to work for the Glory of God! Praise the Lord!

The more I look at my life, the more I see how deprived of God and full of the World my life really is. Day by day God fills up my life with himself though and I am really happy about that! Seeing the evil in my life has been a confusing, frustrating and depressing journey at times as I try to distance myself from the addictive workings of the flesh and try to re-accustom myself to 'holy living' we'll call it.

I particularly joined today, because I need encouragement. I look around and can't help but see an unholy world and it's hard to keep peace in my heart when people around me criticise and ridicule christians. I can understand Paul's sorrows. I hope to find here a community who helps in perseverance and hope.

I also enjoy apologetics and especially enjoy the teachings of the late RC. Sproul. When I first got baptised, I was more of a liberal christian but after listening to the likes of RC. Sproul, John Piper and Paul Washer, I find myself going back to a more traditional christianity. I used to want to run far from the traditional way but since God's saving grace, I am called back to my 'roots' which is really Sola Scriptura. I love studying my bible and also the original languages. God is so full of wisdom and magnificent intelligence!

Thanks for reading me, God bless.

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,216,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Welcome to CF. I enjoy R.C. Sproul too. I will find CF an oasis from other websites. This site has plenty to offer. Explore and find the niche here that you enjoy.

For encouragement to would recommend Daily Devotionals

There is the Prayer Wall for your prayer needs.

As you explore you will find other parts of this site that will be helpful. This is a big website.

Upvote 0

JesusYeshuaisLord

Jun 7, 2018
Auckland
✟15,257.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Welcome to CF. I enjoy R.C. Sproul too. I will find CF an oasis from other websites. This site has plenty to offer. Explore and find the niche here that you enjoy.

As you explore you will find other parts of this site that will be helpful. This is a big website.

Thank you.

Upvote 0

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Hi JesusYeshuaisLord and welcome to CF!

I particularly joined today, because I need encouragement. I look around and can't help but see an unholy world and it's hard to keep peace in my heart when people around me criticise and ridicule christians. I can understand Paul's sorrows. I hope to find here a community who helps in perseverance and hope.

Click here~~~> How should a Christian respond to persecution?

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

A lot of ppl seem to enjoy R C Sproul. (I think he died recently, right?)

Upvote 0

JesusYeshuaisLord

Jun 7, 2018
Auckland
✟15,257.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
A lot of ppl seem to enjoy R C Sproul. (I think he died recently, right?)
Yes he past away last December :( Great intellect and he explained scriptures very thoroughly. I learnt a lot from him. Thankfully I was able to send him a little message saying how grateful I was for his teachings on the word of God couple months before he passed away.

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes he past away last December :( Great intellect and he explained scriptures very thoroughly. I learnt a lot from him. Thankfully I was able to send him a little message saying how grateful I was for his teachings on the word of God couple months before he passed away.
I'm sure he would have appreciated your note. :)

Upvote 0

Mel2020

Not perfect
May 9, 2018
WGTN
✟21,903.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
9346BCAE-763A-4AD5-8664-8B6D06EC774C.jpeg
Hello, welcome to CF. Glad to have you here. See you around :)

Blessings ❤️

Upvote 0