United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Preach it, Brother Rus!!

Ive seen textbook cronyism that’s breathtaking!!! They present you with four publishers. The curriculum coordinator for the district tells you how unbiased and democratic this selection process will be. She gives 3 publishers 20 minutes to present their product. The fourth one, her dear old friend, gets 60 minutes and added back and forth banter with the aforementioned district braintrust.....and, much to the shock of us all, Mr. 60 minutes wins!

Then your principal tells your staff they all get to “vote” on a new online skills enrichment program. No official vote is taken. She lets ONE guy present. He’s her old buddy. He wins. She says, “You guys voted for it!” When we start playing majority whip and count who didn’t vote, uh.....hmmmm

This requires another thread (so if this goes on we should make one) but I learned about the comfy relations between the district with its approved lists and the publishers, and the protectionist net/racket that keeps any competition from better teaching and methodics getting in, while ensuring maximum price on the beautifully crafted, pedagogically junky books, and I also experienced meddling from district flunkies with no idea how to teach ESL but trying to justify their paychecks when I was already an experienced teacher.

Now back to your fun, y’all...

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,375.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
It's a bit early for these :) - but hey I liked it

image.png

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Lately, CF has just gotten weirder than normal and I'm going to sign off for a while, so I wanted to wish everyone a blessed Lent!

it usually does this time of year.

blessed Fast!

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Philip_B

Bread is Blessed & Broken Wine is Blessed & Poured
Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2016
Swansea, NSW, Australia
Visit site
✟609,347.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Lately, CF has just gotten weirder than normal and I'm going to sign off for a while, so I wanted to wish everyone a blessed Lent!
I just got a bigger monitor so I can now have more heresies on the screen at the same time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,375.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Did you know that a school of piranhas can devour a small child, leaving nothing but bones, in thirty seconds?
Anyway, enough of that. Did I mention I lost my job at the aquarium yesterday?

Reactions: rusmeister
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.