Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't know. I think anyone who churches at home is home churching. I got the feeling that's what Ewin thought too when he added the "and cell groups" to the title of the other forum. Just my little old humber opinion and I could be wrong. Won't be the first time. ;)

Upvote 0

MaidforHim

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2006
✟21,263.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, we home-churched for years before God put it in our hearts to find a church outside our home. I now go to a Calvary Chapel and many if not most of them start out as home fellowships and grow to need a church building.

All things in God's perfect timing.

Upvote 0

FLANDIDLYANDERS

When I am slain may my corpse lie facing the Enemy
Aug 16, 2005
Pompey
✟20,336.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Not all churches seek to adopt meetings and buildings, in this sense I remain unChurched.

The name change of the Forum reflects CFs addiction to heirarchy and institutionalism, as reflected by many, typically, American Christians. Most of us feel secure in heirarchy, but there realy should be none - not in its current most popular format.

So if one rejects heirarchy, one must reject meetings, leaders and buildings - things that the christian church seems to think are so essential to its very existence.

So if one decides to reprioritise the World, interdependence and discipleship over meetings etc, one become unChurched but maybe more churched.

HolySpirit is causing many christians to reject the roman heirarchical model in order to explore Jesus in the deserts and dead places where we comfortable western christians have failed to live for any substancial time as disciples.

I'm waffling; sorry.

Yes, OP, CF are too blinkered to truly engage with a wider perspective and a more prophetic outworking of "church".

Upvote 0