New Forum: Denomination-specific Theology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erwin

May 13, 2015
✟216,037.00
Denomination-specific Theology
A special subforum where a thread starter can restrict threads to replies by members of a particular denomination only to discuss denomination-specific theology.

A new For Christians Only forum in the Theology section as a subforum in the General Theology forum.

An example of this would be for Catholic members to discuss Catholic specific theology, if they wish to to so, in this subforum, in a specific thread just for Catholics.

SumTinWong

Living with BPD
Apr 30, 2004
In a house
Visit site
✟17,886.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Erwin said:
An example of this would be for Catholic members to discuss Catholic specific theology, if they wish to to so, in this subforum, in a specific thread just for Catholics.
I don't get it. How is this different from what we have already? Can't we all discuss our own respective theologies in our own respective forums? Why the branching out? What are our seperate forums for if not for that?

Reactions: ps139
Upvote 0

ps139

Ab omni malo, libera nos, Domine!
Sep 23, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟37,907.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Uncle Bud said:
I don't get it. How is this different from what we have already? Can't we all discuss our own respective theologies in our own respective forums? Why the branching out? What are our seperate forums for if not for that?

There are certain issues which are restricted to forums like General Theology, and banned from congregational fora. This is where they can be discussed as if they were in the congregational forum (with no "outside interference").

Upvote 0

ps139

Sep 23, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟37,907.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Its taken from Rule 4:

4.2 You will restrict any posts relating to the following controversial topics to the Philosophy & Morality, Liberal Theology or General Theology forums (this site uses the legal definition of marriage which is a union between a man and a woman):
a. drug use.
b. gambling.
c. polygamy.
d. extramarital sexual activity.
e. abortion.
f. homosexuality.
g. transsexuality.

Upvote 0

Crazy Liz

Oct 28, 2003
California
✟23,305.00
Faith
Christian
ps139 said:
There are certain issues which are restricted to forums like General Theology, and banned from congregational fora. This is where they can be discussed as if they were in the congregational forum (with no "outside interference").
If a thread is moved here from a congregational forum, the thread title might not indicate which denomination it is intended for. Can the moderators edit the thread title that appears on the menu so people browsing the forum will know?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ps139

Sep 23, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟37,907.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Crazy Liz said:
If a thread is moved here from a congregational forum, the thread title might not indicate which denomination it is intended for. Can the moderators edit the thread title that appears on the menu so people browsing the forum will know?
Yes, thats a real good idea.

Upvote 0

KennySe

Habemus Papam!
Aug 6, 2003
Visit site
✟14,554.00
Faith
Catholic
Which forum should the following topic be on:
"the Roman Catholic Church was founded in the 300s and I have the historical documentation that proves it, including what the bishop of the city of Rome of the Christian church there had to say about the newly formed "Roman Catholic Church in his bishopric"
?

Because whenever I ask for such evidence from those who claim the above, on any forum, I am never presented the documentation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

plum

my thoughts are free
Nov 30, 2003
✟48,380.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Uncle Bud said:
"Are we getting rid of the Denominational Forums?"

I hope not.
no, this is not happening.

this forum is a place for topics that can NOT be discussed in the denom-specific fora to be discussed.
Like if I wanted to ask my Messianic brothers and sisters "Why didn't God punish all the polygamous people I read about in the Tanakh?" I couldn't ask that question in the Messianic Judaism forum. But here, I can start a thread for all of the Messianics to answer my question :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.