Not open for further replies.

JoshIcedogs

Aug 5, 2007
✟8,783.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In my Past. I stole from neighbors, Stole, was rude and everything. I have now turned to God and asked for forgiveness. Am i ok with God? Should i go around my neighborhood asking people to forgive me? Should i pay everyone whom ive stole from with money? Is it ok not to pay people back or apolgize to them to be ok with God?

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
For now it is enough that you have sincerely asked forgiveness. Inside you will know what you are supposed to do in terms of apologising and paying people back. Just be led by the spirit of God in these things and feel new and free as you are for God has not only forgiven you but also forgotten your sin. Man wont but God does

Upvote 0

Bellicus

Account no longer in use
Jul 11, 2008
✟10,709.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
When it comes to stealing I can only remember that the bible says that those that steal from others and become Christians should stop stealing and instead get a honest work.

If you stole something from me and I would miss the thing you stole, then of course it would make me happy to get back what you stole. And I think the same thing if I stole from you. For example if I stole your computer, then it would make you happy that I gave it back, and you would want me to give it back even if I had become a Christian and was forgiven for my sins. "Do to others as you want others to do to you".

So my point is: Your salvation is not based on what you do with this, but it would still be a good thing to do. It is your choice. If you want to give back things to those you stole from, then of course it would be a good thing.

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What do you think? So you think you should make amends, but just don't want to? Or, are you looking for scripture to back up a heart felt belief?

How you answer these questions will bind you to your obligations.. And realize the answers you give here in this forum are not the answers I speak of.. It's the answers you have in your heart that you may be too ashamed to write out. These Heart felt answers will determine your responsibility.

I think If you look up the last time we talked about this and compare it with what you wrote this time, you should do something to alleviate the guilt you feel, because obviously your having a hard time letting go of the sin you have committed.

Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
These are hard answers to read arn't they? - But what you have to base it on is your own heart - no one can tell you what you should do -

When you see a person you have wronged - what pops into your mind? That is what you need to deal with - if the way you have treated them is the first thing in your mind - then approach them and tell them about it - this will be a great witness also of your change of heart - God uses all that we do to the good - instead of them hating you - they will respect you more.

When you have done this - you will have such freedom and can show the joy of the Lord in all that you do.

If it is something that you can give back, then do that - if it is something you think you should pay for - then do it - follow your leading of the Holy Spirit - He will not lead you in the wrong direction - once all this is taken care of and it does not lay on your heart anymore - you will be free. That means it will be behind you - you will gain respect and be looked at as a Child of God and it will be a witness to those you have wronged. Remember - you are not doing this for God - God has forgiven and forgotten - you are doing it for you, you will be able to hold your head high and be proud of yourself and the enemy can no longer use it against you.

Upvote 0

SpitfireOverThames

Apr 29, 2006
London
✟799.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Conservative
Hi Josh!
If you've asked forgiveness, and still feel like you are sinful, ashamed, unforgiven, then you need to learn more about what God has done for you. Remember, His throne is a throne of GRACE. He welcomes us, bids us to come to Him. In Hebrews, it says to come BOLDLY to the throne of grace to obtain mercy and grace in a time of need. Remember, He put YOUR sins on Christ. And when you accepted Him into your life, He put His own RIGHTEOUSNESS upon you... I call it the Great Exchange! So when you feel ashamed because the unseen enemy harrasses you about your past, remember that the LORD looks upon His Son's sacrifice much more than He does your blemishes and sins. As long as you have confessed your sins to God, you are forgiven, AND CLEANSED. In other words, no more baggage! Let the Holy SPirit take those burdens from you, Josh!

Now... Regarding your past sins. Perhaps your conscience is saying, "Return to the ones you stole, what you stole." Perhaps you are able to pay back in full what you took. If you decide to do this, it will be a powerful act on your behalf. In fact, it may be the greatest acts you've ever done! Why? Because when you confess and ask forgiveness, and try to repay back or replace what was stolen, those people will immediately see a testimony of GOD's power in your life. You will be a witness of His power to change the human heart!

So do what you can. But live free. You shouldnt be weighed down by the past... Write me directly if you need more help or have any more questions!

~Sean

Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I remember many years ago in my younger years I had a co-worker that was very nasty and came to my department spouting awful language and using God's name in vain - I was offended by it, but said nothing to her - so I wanted to get 'even' with her -

I wrote an anonymous letter to her boss, not painting her in a good picture at all.

I wrestled with that for days and was very sorry I did it - I could not take the guilt of what I did any longer - so I was determined I would go to her and apologize.

I started up the stairs and the Lord put on my heart that the boss did not give her the letter because it was anonymous. But I had made the decision in my heart to try and undo what I had done wrong and that was the important thing - I was relieved of the guilt.

It's all in how you feel - if you feel guilt over it - do something to get rid of it - it's not worth carrying the guilt.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.