• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

New Chapter: I had hodgkins lymphoma

Status
Not open for further replies.

anjelica

May 14, 2015
✟91,105.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Oh NOOOOO Jade has just been really sick. I think Bob has let her get something. I am so worried and upset as he has been doing strange things lately and it looks like the beginning of Alzheimers Disease and my doggies are not safe. I am crying now. I don't know what to do. Bob has done a lot of dangerous things lately and I am not safe either. I am so worried. Plese pray

Upvote 0

anjelica

May 14, 2015
✟91,105.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Ruth, there are lots of things that Bob is doing. He is very very forgetful, and does not seem to know what he is doing all of the time. He often seems to be in a world of his own and cuts off from me totally. He leaves things on and as I am not totally well, yet, I cannot go round checking after him all of the time. He was going like this before I got sick but it has got worse over the last few weeks.

He just does not seem to know what he is doing. I have tried to talk to him about it but he denies that anything is wrong and gets really angry if I try to talk to him. I cannot go to his doctor as he will not allow it and it would need his permission for me to say anything to his doctor.

Long story Ruth but that is just a bit of it.

Upvote 0

anjelica

May 14, 2015
✟91,105.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Thankyou so much Daisy Mae for your good wishes for my birthday. I so appreciate that. I have had a lovely day. Amazing things happened.

Ruth, I don't know what is happeing to Lady right now - the eggs will not hatch for a while yet. I think she has only laid two, and is sitting on them most of the time, but the male keeps kicking her off the nest as he wants to sit on them too - lol - which is unlike a male bird. It appears that no-one told him that it is the female that is meant to do the incubating ha ha

She keeps on trying to kick him off the eggs too so there is a real battle going on ha ha

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

anjelica

May 14, 2015
✟91,105.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Ruth, I just was reading back and saw your post about your mother. It is so horrible when it is a mother that abuses. Mine abused me something terrible. It was really really bad.

for many many years it hurt me terribly and the pain was almost intolerable. I took advice lots of times about whether I should totally cut off from her or not. Mostly I was given the advice to cut off and was told that she is not my mother but simply the vessel that gave birth to me. That was from a Catholic priest - and there was another Catholic priest who told me that she had stolen my soul. This was all so helpful and I did cut off from her for a long time but we lived away from her at that time. So it was easier.

When we moved back here for financial reasons and other reasons, it became really difficult again. Then when I got cancer she and my brother were the only ones who would or could help us. so we needed them but I hated having to have her around.

Yes, I have forgiven her and do forgive her because I believe she is sick in some way, but I know that it is best to not be near her as much as is possible.

Yet, lately, she has wanted to push me out in my wheelchair and she is 89 and has emphysema so I kind of feel a bit of something for her for doing that.

Sometimes I think that things are getting better but then I realise that they are not really and each time she hurts me badly again, I sink low again.

It has been such a hard road through this cancer, with Bob, and my mother and other things that have been against us. I truly do not know how I have got through it. But then I have to say that it is God that got me through or faith or something.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Ruth, I just was reading back and saw your post about your mother. It is so horrible when it is a mother that abuses. Mine abused me something terrible. It was really really bad.

for many many years it hurt me terribly and the pain was almost intolerable. I took advice lots of times about whether I should totally cut off from her or not. Mostly I was given the advice to cut off and was told that she is not my mother but simply the vessel that gave birth to me. That was from a Catholic priest - and there was another Catholic priest who told me that she had stolen my soul. This was all so helpful and I did cut off from her for a long time but we lived away from her at that time. So it was easier.

When we moved back here for financial reasons and other reasons, it became really difficult again. Then when I got cancer she and my brother were the only ones who would or could help us. so we needed them but I hated having to have her around.

Yes, I have forgiven her and do forgive her because I believe she is sick in some way, but I know that it is best to not be near her as much as is possible.

Yet, lately, she has wanted to push me out in my wheelchair and she is 89 and has emphysema so I kind of feel a bit of something for her for doing that.

Sometimes I think that things are getting better but then I realise that they are not really and each time she hurts me badly again, I sink low again.

It has been such a hard road through this cancer, with Bob, and my mother and other things that have been against us. I truly do not know how I have got through it. But then I have to say that it is God that got me through or faith or something.
My dad who is suffering from Alzheimer disease has always been critical and said hurtful words. But in the last stages of his life I've chosen to just let his words blow by and in doing so has actually healed some of the pains of the past.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Anjelica, i'm not feeling too well....but stopping in to say one mo' time Happy Happy Birthday....Yes, it's officially passed yer birthday, but the celebration and joy can continue loooooong past it, and it should....

Continue being blessed, in spite of things you cannot control yet, and remember that you ARE quite a SURVIVOR, and there IS a reason for that. So, Yay, birthday wishes and joy CAN continue (who wrote those rules anyway)
:p

BirthdayGodDanced.gif

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.