Not open for further replies.

meant4worship

Mar 2, 2007
✟12,699.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Where in the world do you get this out of Erwin's rule? I just had the liberty to set a Mormon straight. I was respectful but to the point. He said he was a Christian. I said that he may call himself one all he wanted, but he could not be a follower of Christ until He believed Jesus was who Jesus said that He was.

There is NOTHING in the rules that say we cannot correct false doctrine.

Lisa
What happens when a Mormon is the moderator of that forum? Those changes have not taken place yet. Current staff remain in their roles until the end of the year.

Upvote 0

Vote_For_Pedro

Sep 16, 2006
✟351.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I said that he may call himself one all he wanted, but he could not be a follower of Christ until He believed Jesus was who Jesus said that He was.

Lisa

At least there are no warnings now. You'll just probably have these comments deleted once WIKI-anity is in place.

Upvote 0

meant4worship

Mar 2, 2007
✟12,699.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
hmm...So, if they are deaf to the Holy Spirit, how did you and I come to God?

Lisa
I did not say they were deaf to the Holy Spirit. But, they are not following God's precepts or they would already be a believer. Given the choice between siding with a believer and nonbeliever during the course of debate they are not going to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit because they are not in that relationship yet.

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What happens when a Mormon is the moderator of that forum? Those changes have not taken place yet. Current staff remain in their roles until the end of the year.

Are you going to vote a Mormon in? The only likely place that a Mormon will be a mod is in the non-Christian religion section, or whatever it is called. Good grief. I had trouble finding the LDS forum a little while ago.

Lisa

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
At least there are no warnings now. You'll just probably have these comments deleted once WIKI-anity is in place.

Fine. They can delete them, but the Word of God was delivered. It cannot return void.

Lisa

Upvote 0

JimfromOhio

Life of Trials :)
Feb 7, 2004
Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
No, I really don't....a nonbeliever isn't listening to the voice of God!

We were unbelievers at and God never gave us up. When a Christian who is saved by the conviction of the Holy Spirit, this Christian is living in a new Creature. Death is universal spiritually and also by nature. Physically we are born alive however spiritually dead. We need the Holy Spirit to prick and quicken us to be alive. Without the Holy Spirit is TOTAL DEPRAVITY". The Holy Spirit is the only person that can quicken people to be saved.

Upvote 0

gee

Legend
Dec 11, 2004
✟448,887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
hmm...So, if they are deaf to the Holy Spirit, how did you and I come to God?

Lisa

The point is, that this forum used to define that a Christian had certain beliefs. People used to know what the forum stood for, and what defines you as a Christian.

Now it doesn't.

This is different to what I paid up for, so I think a refund may be in order! Why should my money go to a multi-faith site which I don't believe in?

Upvote 0

Erwin

May 13, 2015
✟216,037.00
Wow... thanks and good bye. Just because a person calls themselves a christian doesn't make them one. A husband can be in church, raise his hands and praise the Lord and be cheating on his wife. He is not a christian. His life doesn't bear fruit of a christian.

I agree with you on principle - that person is not a true Christian. But how do you expect a website to be able to know that the "husband" you referring to who goes to church, raises his hands, and praises the Lord, is also cheating on his wife? :) If we find out, do you want the website to ban this member? Or remove the Christian faith icon from this member? What should a website be able to do? This "husband"'s church may excommunicate him, but can a website do that? I go back to the first question, how would CF know that this "husband" is a wife-cheater?

I agree with you 100%... you cannot, however, disregard the absolute truth of Scripture. In the Word of God homosexuality is an abomination. To allow a homosexual couple to add wedding rings to their profile is an abomonation to God! Throws the Word right into the face of God.

We are basically allowing wedding rings on members' profiles so that members can show that they are wearing a wedding ring. It is not an endorsement of gay marriages. I personally don't support gay marriages. But if a gay person comes into my home, or my church, and is wearing a wedding ring, even though I don't support gay marriages, do I FORCE this gay person to take off his ring? How do we know if someone is gay in the first place? How do we prove it? Do we send in private investigators?

To say "if you say you're a christian, you're a christian, who are we to judge" slaps the teachings of Jesus right back in His face!!! He was all over the Pharisees for not being who they said they were. And, to limit my ability to judge the fruit of another's life and interact with them accordingly limits my ability to fulfill what God has called me to do... what He has called you to do.... be salt and light.

What you stated here is exactly what I am trying to achieve - the Pharisees were the religious folk stuck to legalism who refused to mingle with non-believers - Jesus was opposite - he went to meet the prostitutes, the tax collectors. Let us not be white-washed tombs, like the Pharisees. I agree with you on this point.

Do I want to keep nonbelievers out... absolutely NOT! Do I want to sit in judgement over their lifestyles... yes... over them... NO. Jesus loved the sinner and hated the sin. We cannot embrace the sin at the same time we embrace the sinner and expect God to bless it.

We agree here.

This isn't about legalism or doctrine. It is about being Christian--Christ-like! The new CF just doesn't fit the bill... Erwin might consider changing the name to Religious Forum... that is what you've ended up with... Religion. Having a form of Godliness but denying the power thereof....

I don't see how the new CF, which still has a completely Christian focus, will end up as Religious forums. The membership will not allow it, and neither would I.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vote_For_Pedro

Sep 16, 2006
✟351.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Are you going to vote a Mormon in? The only likely place that a Mormon will be a mod is in the non-Christian religion section, or whatever it is called. Good grief. I had trouble finding the LDS forum a little while ago.

Lisa

Baloney. The LDS will have their own congregational forum with LDS mods and LDS will be posting in all the theology sections and eligible to be elected mods there.

Upvote 0

JimfromOhio

Feb 7, 2004
Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

I have dealt with cults but (as I posted earlier) I am more afraid of of "wolves" more than I am afraid of cults, atheists and others. I can deal what I know but its harder to deal with the wolves who act like "wildlife terrorists" that comes in without us knowing. There are false teachers who are within our faith and using Christianity to lead us from the truth. That is where the most dangerous teachings come from. False teachers can work their way into CF and Christ have warned us of those wolves who come into our "Christian Forums" pretending to be one of us.

Upvote 0

meant4worship

Mar 2, 2007
✟12,699.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Lisa
one last thought... according to what Erwin has set forth, there will no longer be non-christian and christian sections... everything is open to everyone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lisa0315

Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I did not say they were deaf to the Holy Spirit. But, they are not following God's precepts or they would already be a believer. Given the choice between siding with a believer and nonbeliever during the course of debate they are not going to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit because they are not in that relationship yet.

You said:

Originally Posted by meant4worship
No, I really don't....a nonbeliever isn't listening to the voice of God!

Think on this for a moment. Atheist moderators would be forced to read and read and read Scripture after Scripture. They would be CRAZY to even become moderators, but if they do, I dare say they will be a Christian moderator before the end of their term. God works in mysterious ways! This is an opportunity. God's word does not return void. It never does. It always accomplishes that which God wills.

Lisa

Upvote 0

gee

Legend
Dec 11, 2004
✟448,887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Lisa

That's not quite accurate. This is probably why Erwin said he'll see how this all goes (with voting mods).

I could (as a "Christian" (though not a Bible believing Christian ;)) bring over several friends, all sign up, all post 100 times some silly posts elsewhere to give ourselves voting rights, stand for election, vote for each other and tada "I'm a mod" :)

This was discussed earlier in the other thread - and there's nothing to stop it happening. And the position is for a year!

Upvote 0

JimfromOhio

Feb 7, 2004
Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
one last thought... according to what Erwin has set forth, there will no longer be non-christian and christian sections... everything is open to everyone.

Basically, you are saying that you are not in favor of the "Great Commission"?

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Again... NO ANSWER.

Why would he? It is a set up. If he answers you, he will have broken his own rule. If he doesn't answer you, then, you bust him for that too.

His best answer is no answer just as Christ gave...

Lisa

Upvote 0
C

CerberusQuatros

Think what will happen when nonbelievers are set into positions of moderator... whose post will be edited or removed when a christian is disagreeing with a nonchristian and, even lovingly, trying to lead them into all truth?

Unlikely. By and far, the Christians of this site are much more corrupt in terms of silencing the opposition that any non-believer I have ran into in my four years here.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.