AZ
✟8,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Prayers for you. I’m new as well. We went to our first Divine Liturgy only 8 months ago and since it was during covid lockdown there were differences. I was getting accustomed to things and now I feel awkward again because I don’t know the proper way to venerate the icons. I worried last night after Great Vespers that the priest might think poorly of me because I just crossed myself and sort of bowed.

I'm still learning all of this myself. Thankfully the couple who run the mission that I am attending are helping me through my catechism and have already taught me quite a bit. Don't be afraid to speak to your priest about this or to ask others in your parish.

Reactions: Melily
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,456,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Prayers for you. I’m new as well. We went to our first Divine Liturgy only 8 months ago and since it was during covid lockdown there were differences. I was getting accustomed to things and now I feel awkward again because I don’t know the proper way to venerate the icons. I worried last night after Great Vespers that the priest might think poorly of me because I just crossed myself and sort of bowed.

take your time and don't fret over it. it'll happen.

Reactions: Melily
Upvote 0