New bank subpoena shows Hunter received money from Beijing during Joe's campaign

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Seattle area.
✟638,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What do you think he should say, specifically?
"I apologize for lying about my family receiving money from China".

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟252,559.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
So... no strong indication that Joe knew that his son was doing a business deal with China, and doing business with China is not illegal, so... that's pretty weak, even for innuendo.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,459,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This was already debunked last night. In 2019 Hunter was living a transient lifestyle so he used the family house as a permanent address.

Next.

...as any parent who has adult children living at home will know.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟224,940.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So... no strong indication that Joe knew that his son was doing a business deal with China, and doing business with China is not illegal, so... that's pretty weak, even for innuendo.
If Joe did not know he should not have made up a story, he should have said he didn't know. Remember when he was questioned on his education he made up multiple false stories, the guy has a history of doing this. If he did know he lied about it. Hunter was speaking with the China businessman when he said he was sitting with his dad. We need to see the financial records.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟252,559.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
If Joe did not know he should not have made up a story, he should have said he didn't know. Remember when he was questioned on his education he made up multiple false stories, the guy has a history of doing this. If he did know he lied about it. Hunter was speaking with the China businessman when he said he was sitting with his dad. We need to see the financial records.
I'm not sure about the legality of that. You need evidence that a crime was committed, and all we have in this particular case is that Joe might have lied about something. That's an extremely weak reason to go digging into someone's financial records.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟894,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The irony of this post being the infamous, out of context clip from the panel discussion - upon which red hats have staked the fate of their claims - was an embellishment. The decision and discussion to fire was made over a few weeks, father than one days visit to Kyiv.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟894,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It's an attempt to minimize the damage done to the GOP with their ties to Russian government agents. If you can convince the rubes that everyone is doing it, it makes it easier for Fox News and the like to make it seem like the GOP's actions are no big deal.
Same thing with he who shant be named. He's convinced people that everyone is corrupt so it's o.k if he is too.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟894,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm confused. How is Hunter receiving a wire transfer while he was living with Joe evidence that Joe lied about knowing about Hunter's business?
It's my understanding he wasn't even living with the family. In 2019, according to his autobiography, he was living in California. The home (permanent) address was on his drivers license.

Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟82,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am curious about something. Exactly what kind of evidence would some of y'all need in order to convince y'all that Hunter and Joe Biden were involved in illegal activities?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟252,559.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
I am curious about something. Exactly what kind of evidence would some of y'all need in order to convince y'all that Hunter and Joe Biden were involved in illegal activities?
I already think Hunter was involved in some illegal activities, thanks to some pretty hard evidence. If you had Joe on a recording accepting a bribe while in office, well, there you go. Just give me some real evidence instead of vague innuendo. I don't jump to conclusions about anything.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟224,940.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This was already debunked last night. In 2019 Hunter was living a transient lifestyle so he used the family house as a permanent address.

Next.
Joe's address was the address used for the wire transfer from the Chinese.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,227,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This isn't the "concrete" kind of proof they should be looking for... I know they think it's a slam dunk, but it's not.

Point of reference, I've been doing the "road life" for the better part of a year now. Working remotely and staying in random places (whether it be in a camper in a national/state park, or in hotels in 13 different states and 2 different Canadian provinces)

Perhaps I'm sharing a bit too much here, but here's my Google travel timeline from the last year:
1695854961463.png

My mailing address literally the entire time? My brother's house in Northeast Ohio.

Any money I've made/spent/received (and communications regarding such transactions) would've gone to his house - and I come back to Ohio a few days a month to get mail and check in on a few things, then it's back on the road. Given Hunter's propensity for bouncing around all over the place, the "transient lifestyle - just using my family's house as a mailing address" is a perfectly valid defense.

To clarify my position? Do I think Joe's been completely "out of the loop" on his son's dealings as been purported, my gut instinct is "not likely", I think it's very plausible Joe knows what his son's been up to. Do I think it's possible that Joe was involved to some degree or another in his son's dealings...I think there's a strong chance of that and wouldn't be surprised at all if it something more solid did get uncovered.

But... everything they've trotted out thus far falls in the "weak sauce" category.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟158,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Why would we “need to see the financial records”, what crime is suspected?

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟82,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you don't know what crimes are suspected with Hunter and Joe Biden, then I have to wonder if you have been paying attention to the news.
Even CNN or MSNBC have reported about that question. Like them, you appear to doubt that the Bidens have committed any crimes. But at least they acknowledge what the suspected crimes are.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟253,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
If you don't know what crimes are suspected with Hunter and Joe Biden, then I have to wonder if you have been paying attention to the news.
Even CNN or MSNBC have reported about that question. Like them, you appear to doubt that the Bidens have committed any crimes. But at least they acknowledge what the suspected crimes are.
It's not so much about what is being claimed... er... "suspected." It's the reason for the suspicion. There isn't good reason other than politics. All of Hunter's transactions appear to be linked to his business dealings, which so far seem completely legitimate. All of the "brand" and appearance of using Joe Biden as leverage is all coming from Hunter as part of those business dealings. Unethical? Yeah. Illegal? Possibly. Does Joe Biden appear to have anything to do with any of it? No.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟158,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I’ve seen a lot of “could have”s and “mighta been”s; I’ve seen no evidence of a “crime”.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟224,940.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's not so much about what is being claimed... er... "suspected." It's the reason for the suspicion. There isn't good reason other than politics. All of Hunter's transactions appear to be linked to his business dealings, which so far seem completely legitimate. All of the "brand" and appearance of using Joe Biden as leverage is all coming from Hunter as part of those business dealings. Unethical? Yeah. Illegal? Possibly. Does Joe Biden appear to have anything to do with any of it? No.
What was it, 167 flagged suspicious financial transactions? ? And even one of the banks contacted the government it was so out of order. Twenty shell companies Hunter still has not paid taxes on a number of years, nor has he been prosecuted for not registering as a foreign agent. A sworn witness says the current president of the United States received a five million dollar bribe. Numerous government employees said every time the investigation pointed to Joe that they were stopped. Hunter's laptop has him recorded complaining about Joe receiving half of what he took in. And we know Joe lied about knowing nothing about Hunter's business, and we know the White House has changed their story. To me it sounds a lot like the TV series The Sopranos.

Upvote 0