May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by Havoc
I think a more accurate question is why are Christians so afraid of people practicing Witchcraft.

It is my contention that Christians are not afraid of people practicing witchcraft.

As it is the Fathers' wish that no one should perish, this is also the hope of Christian, that no one would perish and spent an eternity apart from God.

GySgt James

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"By showing how it was added later maybe I can stop the extra special prejudice and make it at least so that we're only hated as much as every other religion by Christians"

Havoc, the reason is that you are decieved by witchcraft. Deamons will tell you whatever you want to hear. That's the simple truth of the matter. We are not to kill them, for again you're taking JUDISM, into account, not christianity. You're interpreting that verse not in the light of the NT and OT, but just the OT. Thus your interpreation is not christian. Christ himself said to love. The lies that witchcraft represent are wrong and we as christians are not to practice or mess with it but we are not to hate the people doing it.

"Christians are losing their place at the top of the food chain and I don't think they like that.'

No, that's not it at all. christians have never had the "top place" in the food chain. people use christianity as an agenda pusher, but in reality don't act as christians at all. This can be exampled by Hitler and adovcates of slavery as 2 prime historical examples. We ARE afraid of polluting the word of God with some other teaching (like wicca) and that is a travasty it and of itself.

Upvote 0

Havoc

Celtic Witch
Jul 26, 2002
Realityville
Visit site
✟21,635.00
Faith
Pagan
[QUOTEHavoc, the reason is that you are decieved by witchcraft. Deamons will tell you whatever you want to hear. That's the simple truth of the matter. ...The lies that witchcraft represent are wrong ... [/quote]

I understand that you believe I am decieved but you must understand that I am in full command of my faculties and am not decieved in any way. I chose Witchcraft because it is a beautiful, loving, and nonjudgemental faith. It is also the faith of my Ancestors. You believe that Witchcraft is lies, but that comes from your personal and religious bias rather than from fact.

No, that's not it at all. christians have never had the "top place" in the food chain. people use christianity as an agenda pusher, but in reality don't act as christians at all. This can be exampled by Hitler and adovcates of slavery as 2 prime historical examples. We ARE afraid of polluting the word of God with some other teaching (like wicca) and that is a travasty it and of itself.

I beg to differ. Christianity has been the largest political power on earth since the time of Constantine, who provided Christianity with the sword it used to "save" the western world. It is only since the age of enlightenment that the Church has been losing ground as people get used to thinking for themselves.

And before you use the tired old "but they weren't true Christians" (or as we call it "The great disclaimer"), keep in mind that those people professed to believe this as God's will. If you want to use the gtreat disclaimer to remove yourself from the sins of Christians past you pretty much have to allow the Muslims to remove themselves from the terrorists by the same token, no?

Havoc

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"You believe that Witchcraft is lies, but that comes from your personal and religious bias rather than from fact."

NO, it comes from other peoples experience as well.

"I beg to differ. Christianity has been the largest political power on earth since the time of Constantine, who provided Christianity with the sword it used to "save" the western world. "

You can differ all you want. Its well accepted that christianity is not poltical at all in nature. People that use it as a poltical platform are doing just that. They are USING it, not always demonstrating it. The crusades for example.

"keep in mind that those people professed to believe this as God's will"

*sigh* I believe in God's will and go kill people. I am ignoring several passages in the NT. What's funny is that you make fun of the truth calling it the "great disclaimer". I could say the same about your "religion" and claim that witches are all about making potions to kill people and poisen apples to kill people that are cutier then they are. What is different between the terrorist action of 9/11 is that the Koran commands people to murder others.

Upvote 0

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2THESS 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

2THESS 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

2THESS 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

2713hellfall_01.gif

Upvote 0

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by gunnysgt
2THESS 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

2THESS 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

2THESS 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

2713hellfall_01.gif

2THESS 2:10-12, God's warning to the unbeliever.

GySgt James

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see, you believe that this is God's warning to the unbeliever. So it really has no relevance to me then.

Havoc

Well good to hear that you are a believer in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.

GySgt James

Upvote 0

ashibaka

ShiiAce
Jun 15, 2002
Visit site
✟9,047.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
2THESS 2:10-12, God's warning to the unbeliever.
Really? Sounds more like me like God's explanation to his believers to why there are unbelievers.
God shall send them strong delusion...
See? God wants there to be atheism! For whatever odd reason...

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"Well there is a slight difference between the unfounded myth of Witches killing people with potions and poison apples and the actual history of the Christian Church."

so there is no witch ever that killed people or lorded it over then? Doubtful.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Havoc

Celtic Witch
Jul 26, 2002
Realityville
Visit site
✟21,635.00
Faith
Pagan
<B>I see, you believe that this is God's warning to the unbeliever. So it really has no relevance to me then.

Havoc </B>

Well good to hear that you are a believer in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.

GySgt James

I'm not a Christian, which is why your belief in what your God has to say about ubelievers is irrelevant to me. Since for me he does not exist, his warnings are meaningless.

Havoc

Upvote 0

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not a Christian, which is why your belief in what your God has to say about ubelievers is irrelevant to me. Since for me he does not exist, his warnings are meaningless.

Yes, I see what you are saying God's Warnings are meaningless to you.

It doesn't lessen His warning regardless if one rejects Him or His Word.

God states, He shall not be mocked.

I understand that carrys no weight with you, it does for the believer.

GySgt James

Upvote 0

Sharky

Rockin dude!
Jul 5, 2002
Visit site
✟7,782.00
Faith
Christian

&nbsp;Just one question and i've always wanted to ask this :). Why don't you believe? Does it make you feel bad or something? Just a thought.

Upvote 0

Havoc

Celtic Witch
Jul 26, 2002
Realityville
Visit site
✟21,635.00
Faith
Pagan

Yes, I see what you are saying God's Warnings are meaningless to you.

It doesn't lessen His warning regardless if one rejects Him or His Word.

God states, He shall not be mocked.

I understand that carrys no weight with you, it does for the believer.

GySgt James

Yes I understand that you believe that. And I understand you believe that he has said he will not be mocked. Of course you stating your beliefs about him or what he says does not make it the truth and so your beliefs are meaningless to anyone who does not believe the same way you do. But you are certainly entitled to your beliefs.

Havoc

Upvote 0