Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
My good sir, I'll have you know you're speaking to the geologist that declared that rocks are alive.
I'm well aware of who Juvy is. I find his posts mostly nonsensical and frustrating, but occasionally he drops a gem like that which just needs to be called out.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
My good sir, I'll have you know you're speaking to the geologist that declared that rocks are alive.

Edit: Sorry, claims he's a geologist, all evidence to the contrary obviously.

You know nothing about geology. I know a bunch.
Want a test?

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
It is pointless to argue the premise of the TOE with an atheist, it always leads to a wall that divides us. You are unable to see what's on the other side of that wall. You first need to be enabled. You have a disability in a sense that I cannot fix.

Projection.

The one with an (unquestionable) premise, is YOU.

The reason you can't accept evolution, has nothing to do with the evidence or the science and everything with your a priori religious beliefs.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Sure. Go ahead and show you understand.

I understand everything you know about geology and go far far beyond it.
What is the hardest question about geology you can ask? It would be nothing to me. Give a shot.

Upvote 0

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟467,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
at first i gave you one example and you said that its only a single trait. then i gave you example of about 24 traits and then you said its not sufficient too. so how many contradict traits we need to find to change your mind about nested hierarchy?
Answered before. You must show enough to be statistically significant. I have shown you the post with the statistical evidence. You just ignore it.

No, you have not shown 24 traits that differ with nested hierarchy. You have shown that a group of fish proteins have changed more rapidly than shark proteins. You were given the suspected reason for this. You just ignored it. That is what you do. You ignore the responses and repeat the same thing over and over.

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I understand everything you know about geology and go far far beyond it.
What is the hardest question about geology you can ask? It would be nothing to me. Give a shot.
Wow. That has absolutely nothing to do with the posts I made or the ones you made that I was responding to. And you think you are a good example of both a teacher and a student?

Bwahahahaha. Big lols.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Wow. That has absolutely nothing to do with the posts I made or the ones you made that I was responding to. And you think you are a good example of both a teacher and a student?

Bwahahahaha. Big lols.

Try me, then you will know.
Otherwise, you can run away.

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Try me, then you will know.
Otherwise, you can run away.
OK, let me point you back to post 79, and your response in post 82. Please go ahead and demonstrate your understanding. So far you have failed miserably to the extent that you aren't even talking about the same subject.

I won't hold my breath on getting a relevant or coherent answer.

Upvote 0

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟467,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Protostome and Deuterostome literally man "mouth first" and "mouth second". In protostomes the mouth forms first, and in deuterostomes the anus forms first, but I think it's incorrect to say that deuterostomes eat through their anuses.
I understand that all animals begin life as a single cell that expands into a hollow sphere one cell thick known as a blastosphere. This collapses on itself forming a cup shape that is two cells thick. The hole in the cup gets smaller while the rest of the cup stretches out. Protosomes (insects, worms, etc.) start forming with this hole as the front of their body, and eventually use it as a mouth. Deuterosomes (including humans) start forming with this hole as the back of their body, and eventually use it as an anus. Almost all animals stretch out and form a second hole at the other end. This second hole becomes the anus of Protosomes, and the mouth of Deuterosomes, with the hollow tube eventually becoming the digestive track. So insects do not actually use the Deuterosome anus as a mouth, but rather, take the distinct hole in the early embryo that we use to make the anus, and use that hole to form their mouth. (Source: The Ancestor's Tale, Richard Dawkins, p 377-379)

I could have used many features to illustrate that a creator could have used different patterns intermixed in all the animal kingdom, but she seems to have chosen one pattern for everything in one group, and a different pattern for every animal in a different group. I picked the direction of the digestive track as an interesting example to drive home that point.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Phred

Junior Mint
Aug 12, 2003
✟22,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Isn't there evidence that life just suddenly and spectacularly appeared on earth? I think it's called the Cambrian explosion.
What we call the Cambrian explosion is an "explosion" of fossils created by the evolution of animals that would fossilize. It lasted approximately 541 MILLION years. For the first time we went from just a few soft-bodied creatures that didn't fossilize very well to all sorts of fossils representing just about every phyla. To put this in the simplest terms possible. They grew shells and exoskeletons and skeletons.

If you want to call this "suddenly and spectacularly" then by all means. Have at it.

• Informative
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
OK, let me point you back to post 79, and your response in post 82. Please go ahead and demonstrate your understanding. So far you have failed miserably to the extent that you aren't even talking about the same subject.

I won't hold my breath on getting a relevant or coherent answer.

You don't get it. Try me means: you ask, I answer. Not the backward.
Can you ask A question about geology?
If you can not. Admit it. Then I will ask you one about evolution in geology.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
You don't get it. Try me means: you ask, I answer. Not the backward.
Can you ask A question about geology?
If you can not. Admit it. Then I will ask you one about evolution in geology.
:doh:

I'll try one last time. Do you understand the point I was making in post 79?

Last edited:
Upvote 0