Not open for further replies.

She

Apr 23, 2006
✟8,940.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I was confirmed Roman Catholic at the age of 12 but my children are being confirmed Anglican.

Do you have patron saints at confirmation?
Also, do the Godparents need to be there?

To be honest, I wish I could be confirmed again too. I was too young the first time and also, it irritates me a bit that I cannot confirm my faith as an Anglican. (There is this niggling feeling that I am not really Anglican.)

Upvote 0

john23237

Jan 30, 2005
virginia
✟210,336.00
Faith
Anglican
Politics
US-Democrat
I was confirmed Roman Catholic

I wish I could be confirmed again too. I was too young the first time and also, it irritates me a bit that I cannot confirm my faith as an Anglican. (There is this niggling feeling that I am not really Anglican.)

Feeling as you do, you might wish to give serious thought to Glen's suggestion. Being Received is a powerful statement of faith. Once received, you are as "real" an Anglican as any cradlepalian. If you have not, read the service BCP pp.413 to 419. Being received is a public statement of your faith as an Anglican. I hope this helps as it comes from one who has been in your position. May God bless you. John.:wave:

Upvote 0

Inside Edge

Aug 3, 2004
Vancouver, BC
✟16,365.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I was confirmed a few months ago, and I didn't get smacked around by the Bishop (nor did any of the others at the ceremony). ;)

The questions/answers were all done as a group and pretty simple, "I do's" and "I Will's."

Yeah, you're in front of a crowd, but if you focus on why you're there, you don't notice.

Oh, and to She: there were about as many 'Receptions' as there were Confirmations at the cermony I was in. You really should consider it. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

No Swansong

Formerly Jtbdad Christian on every board!
Apr 14, 2004
Ohio
✟28,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
Hi folks,
Confirmation went well. Turns out I had mixed up the Offices of Instruction with the Order of Confirmation. :blush: So, wasn't as bad as I thought! :) Bishop Peter was great, really put me at ease.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.