John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I used to belong to this group called the Neothink Society. I wasn't a Christian at the time I was involved in this group. They have some seriously Satanic beliefs. They teach that the bible is false and they also teach that mankind can reach immortality through science.

My problem is that I still find myself being influenced by their teachings. Just today I was thinking that I would like to get involved in science and cure death. This is a real struggle for me because I seriously fear death. But as a Christian I know that eternal life only comes through faith in Christ. I had to spend several hours today reading the word and repenting of these thoughts.

Here is info about this group:

http://www.activeneothinkmember.com

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrated_Management_Associates

I am still somewhat struggling with overcoming the brainwashing I received while a member of this organization.

Last edited:

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
... Just today I was thinking that I would like to get involved in science and cure death. This is a real struggle for me because I seriously fear death. But as a Christian I know that eternal life only comes through faith in Christ. I had to spend several hours today reading the word and repenting of these thoughts. ...
I see that even secular authorities consider them con artists. Without more detail, I would say that you are fighting the right fight. Changing what one hopes in and what one believes can be a slow process. One's thought patterns may change even more slowly. Memorizing some verses that express the truth that opposes the false things you have believed would probably be helpful. Also, it might be valuable to express the lies in more detail in a forum here and ask for verses that express the way things actually are.

One passage I go to occasionally is:
For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”), yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live. (1 Corinthians 8:5-6, 1984 NIV)

It has been very good for my faith to be clear in my heart and mind about what I have decided. I have firmly committed to the God of love who is revealed in the Bible, who created the universe and me, who Son, Jesus Christ, died for me, and who's Spirit dwells in me. I have committed to submit to him in every way I can and love him and others as best I can (with his help).

Sometimes doubts come in the form of "perhaps He is also the God who is head of one or more other religions" or some other attack. I have chosen to reject those thoughts and cling to the passage above. For me, I have decided, who my God is. This is different than deciding which God is the real God. Even if there were so-called other gods, it is irrelevant to me. I've made my choice and I will hold onto it until I die. What I am talking about is different than praying a prayer of salvation. After walking with the Lord for many years, the best way to describe my confidence that God is real and He is the God of the Bible in English is to say, I know He is the one and only true God (Isaiah 43:10 helps). I got to this place in part due to God choosing to reveal Himself to me many times, which only started happening after a few years of being fully devoted to him (in thoughts, words, and actions).

You are still experiencing the effects of the old self (2 Corinthians 5:17). Being afraid of death is normal (see Hebrews 2:15), because it is rooted in fear of the unknown—something you haven't been through repeatedly until you are comfortable with it. This particular form of unknown can be entirely resolved in this life through faith in God, but it may be costly getting there. God may refine a lot of the old self out of you. However, if you persist in asking God to lessen your fear of death, I'm sure he will answer your prayer.

Reactions: John Davidson
Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I see that even secular authorities consider them con artists. Without more detail, I would say that you are fighting the right fight. Changing what one hopes in and what one believes can be a slow process. One's thought patterns may change even more slowly. Memorizing some verses that express the truth that opposes the false things you have believed would probably be helpful. Also, it might be valuable to express the lies in more detail in a forum here and ask for verses that express the way things actually are.

One passage I go to occasionally is:
For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”), yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live. (1 Corinthians 8:5-6, 1984 NIV)

It has been very good for my faith to be clear in my heart and mind about what I have decided. I have firmly committed to the God of love who is revealed in the Bible, who created the universe and me, who Son, Jesus Christ, died for me, and who's Spirit dwells in me. I have committed to submit to him in every way I can and love him and others as best I can (with his help).

Sometimes doubts come in the form of "perhaps He is also the God who is head of one or more other religions" or some other attack. I have chosen to reject those thoughts and cling to the passage above. For me, I have decided, who my God is. This is different than deciding which God is the real God. Even if there were so-called other gods, it is irrelevant to me. I've made my choice and I will hold onto it until I die. What I am talking about is different than praying a prayer of salvation. After walking with the Lord for many years, the best way to describe my confidence that God is real and He is the God of the Bible in English is to say, I know He is the one and only true God (Isaiah 43:10 helps). I got to this place in part due to God choosing to reveal Himself to me many times, which only started happening after a few years of being fully devoted to him (in thoughts, words, and actions).

You are still experiencing the effects of the old self (2 Corinthians 5:17). Being afraid of death is normal (see Hebrews 2:15), because it is rooted in fear of the unknown—something you haven't been through repeatedly until you are comfortable with it. This particular form of unknown can be entirely resolved in this life through faith in God, but it may be costly getting there. God may refine a lot of the old self out of you. However, if you persist in asking God
to lessen your fear of death, I'm sure he will answer your prayer.

Greg, thank you for the response. It really applied to my issue, especially the verse from 1 Corinthians 8. One of the things they claim is that man is God, so that verse really fit.

I also really liked what you had to say about death.

Thank you,
John

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you just keep turning to God, He'll make it all work out for you. He accepts responsibility for you if yield to him. When you obey him, he is responsible for the consequences. If you stumble, turn back to him. It will get better and better, but you need to develop the habit of trusting what God said (and hence, getting to know what he said). If something doesn't make sense, it just means you need more time for God to work it into you. Don't worry about it. Just keep moving forward. A lot of Scripture can't really be understood until God takes you through some experience, or connects what you read to experiences you've already had.

I recommend finding an accountability partner with whom you can come to trust with the sharing of your struggles. It would be typical to meet with him once/week, but that's really up to you two. It would probably have positive immediate and tangible results. Also, don't neglect personal prayer time. It will make a big difference in the long run. Keep a list of things to pray for regularly such as his help with knowing and believing the truth that combats the lies that you have to deal with.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
If you have any material they sent you destroy it, put it in the bin, burn it, delete it. In your files or whatever. Block any sites/subscriptions.

They sound similar to groups like Scientology and Rosicrucians.

Keep your mind on Jesus and renewing your mind with his Word. Ask God to close any doorways in which they entered, eg if you did any inititations or other stuff to invite them into your life.

Only through belief in Jesus we are given eternal life. Have those scientists ever resurrected the dead? Nope.

Besides, even Jesus had to die to be resurrected. Remember you have been given the keys to the kingdom, through your belief in Jesus so death shall have no power over you. We can bind and loose (lock and unlock) because we have those keys.. Matthew 16:19

Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you have any material they sent you destroy it, put it in the bin, burn it, delete it. In your files or whatever. Block any sites/subscriptions.

I have done this. The only problem is sometimes I find myself thinking about their teachings.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Just rebuke those thoughts that are lies and replace it with the truth from scripture.

maybe look up 'opposite spirit' - whatever lie you find yourself contemplating, do the opposite and counter it with the truth. Speak the truth out loud, so it comes off your tongue.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I have done this. The only problem is sometimes I find myself thinking about their teachings.
You are a vessel, compromised.
Thanks be to God He has Provided Grace in Jesus to totally heal and save you, spirit, soul, and mind. (who knows, maybe even body).

Remember Jesus parable about someone else, delivered from demon; the demon goes out and wanders around,
then comes back with seven bigger stronger demons
-- if they find the house still empty,
they take it over again, and the condition of the person becomes 7 times worse than they were.

The solution Jesus offered ? ----ask God the Father to fill you with His Spirit, and be constantly in prayer , continually filled up with grace overflowing from God the Father, according to His Grace, His Plan , His Purpose and always according to HIS WORD (HIS WORD is trustworthy and true).

The temptations (and even traps set for us) won't stop. They are every day for all of us, even "in the house of God".

Be constantly alert, always in prayer with thanksgiving to God.
HE is able to keep us, and HE does, "if we are willing".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am falling back into my old way of thinking. Thinking that we can become immortal through science.

I even started designing a website for a business based on this www.1stimmortals.com

I could really use some advice and prayers for this struggle.

I want to follow Christ and believe in him but I feel like I have a divided heart.

Christ have mercy! Help me to stay faithful.

I am sorry guys this is a really struggle for me because I went through some thorough brainwashing.

Please help!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums