BeautifulLove

Jun 16, 2014
USA
✟15,240.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
After about a year of an overall normal comfortable life I now feel like a mess. I really need extra prayers and encouragement.

I know God is holding me in a sweet embrace. I trust in The Lord with all of my heart. I see this all as a test but I am so bewildered that it hasn't at least settled down more than it has already. It has a little bit, but not enough.

I guess the problem with me is patience.

I worked at a private school for about a year. I never expected anything out of it but after hearing that I was an excellent candidate for a teaching position and even being told I got the job, they hired someone who previously went to the school instead. Not only did that happen but my faith was made even stronger while waiting to hear an answer. God was telling me I had the job and not to worry so you can only imagine how heartbreaking it was when I found out.

I've moved on from that and have forgiven all involved.

During this same time a tree branch nearly came through the house above where I was sitting and made a hole in the roof that needed repairing.

Our sewer line blocked up again. We have found out they need complete replacing which is not cheap. It's been a month now and we can not take a normal shower or wash our clothes or even flush the toilet that often.

The plumber came out to "unblock" it so we tried to wash some laundry. Dirty water spilled all over our brand new hardwood floors that we can't even reach. Not a big deal, whatever.

I then found encouragement from The Lord to keep seeking work and I have applied to a couple of daycare type of positions that where gracious enough to give me an interview. Thank you, Lord!

I asked my boss and friend if she would be a reference because I do need to look for full time employment and she said she would gladly. And that she will miss me. (Well there goes any hope for substituting next year!) I was very grateful nonetheless.

Like two days later I go to some yard sales and a previous co-worker saw me and said she was texting my boss and found out that I would be leaving the school and how she was hoping my boss would hire me into something more full time. (Since when was that ever an option for my boss or the school?) that hurt my feelings to the core that she couldn't keep her lips shut for a few days. And also that my coworker acted like my boss had that ability when it was never known to me.

Last week I was cleaning up the yard and apparently got into a lot of poison ivy. A week later it is popping up randomly all over my body and I have no idea how (I haven't been wearing the same clothes). I know it's so silly to complain about and obviously it's not a huge concern weighing on my heart but it doesn't help when I'm already struggling so much. Let's not forget I can't really take an oatmeal bath or wash it in a long shower.

One daycare said they would call me today if I got the job... No call yet.
The other I had an interview with today.

Both interviews there were people being interviewed right before me and waiting when I had to wait. I guess this can be a normal thing but it messes with my self-esteem and I feel like I don't do well with "competition" at all.

Nevertheless I went in there today with Gods strength boiling through my blood and was shocked when the hiring director boldly said "it's obvious you don't have any experience with little kids" yet I have had a years experience with them from substituting! They kept asking me scenerio questions and I kept telling them of ones that were practiced at my private school while substituting and told them how sometimes time out was the only way to help a child with major behavioral problems. Apparently, they don't do time out with 2 year olds.. Okay great, but I haven't learned their separate procedures and policies yet, so how would I know? I told her I would be mimicking the main teacher anyway to see how to deal with discipline.

I feel like I live in such a small town that any job opening is either a scam or they already have someone else in mind.

Obviously I'm bothered with how life is going right now. I can only find comfort from The Lord. I really need prayers and encouragement. I really need help.

Is it normal to have SO MANY problems at one time?

ALoveDivine

Saved By Grace
Jun 25, 2010
Detroit, MI
✟11,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Mark this passage in your bible and never ever forget it. Read it every time the weight of your circumstances is bringing you down.

"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

Do you believe his word? Do you trust that what he says is true? Who else can you trust but God? We may not understand in our feeble minds, all we can do is trust unconditionally in God and his promises.

I highly recommend you spend some time in the book of Job. I believe the Lord will speak to you in a powerful way through that particular book. Trust me, Job had it a lot worse than you do right now, and the Lord will teach you many lessons as you navigate that great book of scripture.

Upvote 0

peterandrewj

Wayfarer
Jan 14, 2014
NYC
✟8,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"It never rains but it pours". It's frustrating I can imagine, plus the fear of not having money to pay bills.....it's quite the trial and temptation. But you still have to trust God who knows all about it.

It is well with your soul, and as for the things you need to live in this world, God will make a way. Seek him for the life promised in Christ and the rest will be added.

Hang in there and this too shall pass. I pray God's help to do it.

Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I always think of the old country western song 'Thank God for unanswered prayer' - once we get through our problem and see how things work out - we are usually thankful that a certain prayer was not given at that time. It usually means God has something better for you.

Upvote 0

BeautifulLove

Jun 16, 2014
USA
✟15,240.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Mark this passage in your bible and never ever forget it. Read it every time the weight of your circumstances is bringing you down.

"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

Do you believe his word? Do you trust that what he says is true? Who else can you trust but God? We may not understand in our feeble minds, all we can do is trust unconditionally in God and his promises.

I highly recommend you spend some time in the book of Job. I believe the Lord will speak to you in a powerful way through that particular book. Trust me, Job had it a lot worse than you do right now, and the Lord will teach you many lessons as you navigate that great book of scripture.

I really do believe this. I know all things work together for the good, but could he do without the itchy rash at least? Lol my husband and I were laughing at how pitiful that is.

I have been thinking about Job a lot here lately and thank you I will read it and learn from it. I do think reading it would help for sure.

I feel like I'm not like normal people when I'm hit with sadness or disappointment... I feel overly depressed and helpless even if it's the smallest thing in life. Not really sure if I have some medical problem or it's just a really caring and fragile heart.

I can't help but feel too, like in Job, that perhaps the Devil is playing a bit here. I feel like I have grown so much more in faith already even in this last month and a break soon would only help so much more.. I don't feel like anything else bad that happens will help me at all. And with that, I need prayer! Thank you for your guidance!

Upvote 0

BeautifulLove

Jun 16, 2014
USA
✟15,240.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"It never rains but it pours". It's frustrating I can imagine, plus the fear of not having money to pay bills.....it's quite the trial and temptation. But you still have to trust God who knows all about it.

It is well with your soul, and as for the things you need to live in this world, God will make a way. Seek him for the life promised in Christ and the rest will be added.

Hang in there and this too shall pass. I pray God's help to do it.

Thank you very much. I find it so crazy how things top onto one another. I see this as many wonderful blessings waiting to be fulfilled.

Upvote 0

BeautifulLove

Jun 16, 2014
USA
✟15,240.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I always think of the old country western song 'Thank God for unanswered prayer' - once we get through our problem and see how things work out - we are usually thankful that a certain prayer was not given at that time. It usually means God has something better for you.

That is SO true! There's been numerous of times where I think how life would have been worse if certain prayers came true.

There has also been times when prayers haven't been answered right away, but months later were answered out of nowhere. It is so hard for a human mind to deal with this sort of patience!

I find that how my life was moving before this horrible month to be moving forward and bettering me. This month though it has been horrible, my faith has become even stronger. I guess that's really the most important thing in life.

I really need God to at least show me some direction in life. I feel all over the place. I feel like I don't know what I should be doing with my time while I'm home alone while my husband goes to work. I feel like I've humbled myself and have taken on a lot of trials that I feel I have passed.

Upvote 0

ALoveDivine

Saved By Grace
Jun 25, 2010
Detroit, MI
✟11,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
And with that, I need prayer! Thank you for your guidance
I will pray for you sister, and may God use your trials to strengthen your faith and grow you in grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ.

You know what always fills me with joy inexpressible, even in the worst of times? The Gospel. We never ever ever outgrow our need for the gospel. We ought to preach the gospel to ourselves every single day, it always reminds us that truly nothing else matters, nothing in this life is even comparable to the glorious truth of our redemption which is in Christ.

Allow me to share with you some gospel verses to meditate on. Read them in the order listed and let God speak the great truth of the gospel deeply into your heart.

Psalm 53:2-3
Romans 1:18-21
2 Corinthians 5:21
Matthew 26:39
Revelation 14:10
Matthew 26:39 (yes, read it again)
Matthew 27:46
John 19:30
Isaiah 53:4-6
Isaiah 53:10
Romans 3:23-26

2 Corinthians 7:10
Psalm 51:3-5
Isaiah 55:6-7
Acts 4:12
John 3:16
Matthew 16:24-25
Romans 8:1
Romans 8:31-39
Ephesians 1:3-14

May the truth of God's word bless you richly and revive your soul.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will pray for you sister, and may God use your trials to strengthen your faith and grow you in grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ.

You know what always fills me with joy inexpressible, even in the worst of times? The Gospel. We never ever ever outgrow our need for the gospel. We ought to preach the gospel to ourselves every single day, it always reminds us that truly nothing else matters, nothing in this life is even comparable to the glorious truth of our redemption which is in Christ.

Allow me to share with you some gospel verses to meditate on. Read them in the order listed and let God speak the great truth of the gospel deeply into your heart.

and...James 1
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is SO true! There's been numerous of times where I think how life would have been worse if certain prayers came true.

There has also been times when prayers haven't been answered right away, but months later were answered out of nowhere. It is so hard for a human mind to deal with this sort of patience!

I find that how my life was moving before this horrible month to be moving forward and bettering me. This month though it has been horrible, my faith has become even stronger. I guess that's really the most important thing in life.

I really need God to at least show me some direction in life. I feel all over the place. I feel like I don't know what I should be doing with my time while I'm home alone while my husband goes to work. I feel like I've humbled myself and have taken on a lot of trials that I feel I have passed.

If you are able and have some time, I have a suggestion. Volunteer at some place that uses volunteers. I volunteer at the local hospital. This will put things into what is important in your life and you will be blessed for helping others. In the meantime, you can still be talking to God and asking the direction you should be going in. Just remember that peace rules. If you are in God's Will, you will have peace, otherwise you will constantly be questioning.

Upvote 0

BeautifulLove

Jun 16, 2014
USA
✟15,240.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The itchy rash is the summer complaint for sure.
Isn't it a nice thing to have a forum you can post on when troubles pile up?
We are all here to prop each other up on our leaning side!
Keep the faith, there will be better days.

Amen sister! It's nice to kind of let it all out here on a forum rather than being potentially judged by someone in real life.. Today has been a much better day. Thank you so much for your support.

Upvote 0

BeautifulLove

Jun 16, 2014
USA
✟15,240.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Thank you so much brother!

Yesterday I was really upset and just prayed and prayed. Last night after a lot of crying I just felt a peace with the world. I was so worried that this morning I would wake up having to start over my day beginning with sadness and try to find peace yet again. Yet I was at peace.

I read every single one of those verses today and in the middle of reading them I got a call that I got the job as a teachers aide! Oh how glorious and wonderful is God.

I am so excited but most importantly I am soooo thankful. Today has been a pure blessing to me. For when we are weak, we are strong!

:bow: thank you, Lord!

Upvote 0

MaidforHim

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2006
✟21,263.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I feel like I live in such a small town that any job opening is either a scam or they already have someone else in mind.

Obviously I'm bothered with how life is going right now. I can only find comfort from The Lord. I really need prayers and encouragement. I really need help.

Is it normal to have SO MANY problems at one time?

First, I have the same small town job issues you do and your right they often do have someone in mind. On the other hand when my husband is hiring he often has such a hard time finding a dependable person that it's frustrating.

Are you a new Christian?

With day to day problems like this I say 1) Lean on Jesus, God wants you to lean on Him, to depend on Him, to love Him even when things are going horribly. 2) Don't let Satan discourage you, that is one of his tricks. and 3) Lean on Jesus (ya that's a repeat) Focus on Him, praise Him through the hard times and pretty soon you'll discover He's led you through it all.

God has a plan for you life and if these current job situations aren't working out then they weren't part of His plan for you. Take what you can from the experiences, learn from them and keep leaning on God, He will lead you to the place he wants you to be in His time and His timing is perfect. :)

Upvote 0

hopeinGod

A voice crying in the wilderness
Jul 26, 2004
Florida
Visit site
✟2,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Oh how I've been there! At every turn, nothing wanted to turn to the good. The suffering seemed endless, not a break in the clouds, not a moment to rest. How tough those times can be, and how extended as well.

So what really spiritual thing can be written to dissolve all of it, to wash it down the drain in a second? Not a thing, I'd say. There are no instantaneous fixes for everything in life. Sometimes troubles come like a flood, and at other times there is barely a mediocre break from the seemingly endless line of surprises.

And so how are we to react when times get rough? I think of Job who said, "Though he slay me, yet will I trust in Him." And so, trust, obviously ought to be a part of that puzzle that sits in so many pieces in front of us needing to be put together, piece by piece, here a little, there a little.

Who wants to spend all their time praying the same prayers? God, heal me. God, please find me a job. God, give me direction. God, provide me a way of escape. If I have prayed for healing once, I've prayed for it a thousand times, stood in innumerable lines at healing services, adopted all the formulas and methodologies drawn up to force God to move, and still nothing, no change, no answer.

As I see it, sometimes there simply isn't an answer. Life's circumstances roll out as they please, almost predetermined, like a rainstorm that never wants to stop. And so, I am left again saying, "Though he slay me, yet will I trust in Him."

It's all one day at a time, and one moment at a time all too often. Life can be hard. Trials can be very intense. In all our ways, whether times are good or bad, we can acknowledge Him, and He will, some how through all the bleakness, direct our paths.

Having an eternal perspective can sometimes help, knowing this, that one day, in the twinkling of an eye, we will be caught up with Christ in the air, to live with Him forever where there will be no more crying or suffering. That really is our hope, to flee these earthly shackles and to live forever in God's presence. It won't be long. The Lord is on His way. That eastern sky will split open and He will call us to come away with Him.
David

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums