catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not good, it's harmful even, for one person to post a dozen or more new threads every day, in that it tends to crowd out other new threads by other people, some of whom might be making urgent prayer requests or such, say about 20 hours since we have last visited the site, so that if one person has during that 20 hours made 12 or 15 or more new threads, that urgent prayer request can become basically invisible to most people looking for new threads.

Of course, it's not only urgent prayer requests that can be made invisible by one person posting 15 new threads, but even just ordinary fellowship threads someone makes, where we have a chance to join in and practice "love one another" together, so the problem isn't only about what is urgent, but also about what is best.

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟438,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I just thought of one possible solution to this dilemma, if the option is still available ...

There was a time on CF, where you could 'block' another member, if you did not want to see their posts anymore.
(Block someone, and it is like their post/thread was never there!)
:idea:

Mostly, I think this option was used when persons could not 'get along' with one another,
and wanted to avoid stressful confrontations with each other.

But if this "blocking" option is still available, maybe those that do not want to see new threads that are uninteresting to them
could just 'block' the poster who is originating such threads?

... In doing so, I would think it would naturally make the "Threads" page shorter.

Well, guess that's about the best I've got ...

God bless you all!

p.s.
Just checked, and there appears there may be an option to "Ignore" members.
I can't tell yet if the option is working (?), but found it when I clicked on my username at the top of the screen,
and then clicked on "preferences" on the bottom of the tab.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,098,572.00