• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

need some more joy plz

candid_chick007

Contributor
May 22, 2005
3rd pebble from the shiny star
✟6,146.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
hey i was just wondering if u could keep my family and me in prayer. both my parents are gone for the next few weeks and its just really hard. my dad is off somewhere in TN or NC. doing business and stuff. and my mom is in MA. taking care of her sister. my aunt is terminally ill with cancer the doctors said she has maybe 2 wks to live.
so i'm here at home homeschooling myself. my younger sis is at school all day and my older one works and is out all day. we have 2 young adults staying with us, they are kinda hard to get along with, at least the girl is. i really dont want to have a pity party for myself but with my parents being gone and my aunt dying and all this happening during my 17th b-day its just depressing. :cry:

i would appreciate any prayers. and i would really really appreciate any verses, stories, songs, jokes, thoughts, anything that will help me regain my joy. :) ty. i usually so full of the joy of the Lord and i love to spread it. i just hate feeling so down. i do understand that being a good Christian doesnt mean u always have to feel all in a spiritual high 24/7 but i hate when the feeling of hopelessness tries to creep its ugly head into my life. thank God that its in Him i can trust and not my feelings. im so thankful that i get my joy, strength and hope from Jesus. i feel better just writing that. :) :clap:

isnt it amazing how simply writing out ones thoughts and sharing them can make one feel so much better. ty, :clap:

candid_chick007

Contributor
May 22, 2005
✟6,146.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
thepianist said:
Amazing how much better that can make us feel, at least sometimes. My dear, you will be in my prayers.

Remember, Jesus never leaves us, so neither does His joy! God Bless you.
:) thanks so much for reading and responding. :) thanks for the prayers and for the reminder too, i'll remember! :D

Upvote 0

madison1101

Senior Veteran
Sep 17, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟5,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Happy Birthday Sweetheart.

Joy comes from your relationship with the Lord. Spend time in the Word, and study Psalm 139. There you will see that God was knitting you together in your mother's womb. Praise Him for your birth and your life today.

Why don't you invite a few friends in for a birthday party. Buy a cake at the bakery and some soda and fellowship with everyone.

Hugs,
Trish

Upvote 0

candid_chick007

Contributor
May 22, 2005
✟6,146.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Ann: thanks so much for the kind wishes. :)

Trish: thanks, and thanks for the great suggestion of reading psalm 139, helps alot, and i will be thankful for God creating me, and also, i am having some close girlfriends spend the night on friday to cheer me up. :)

bethdinsmore: thanks so much for the prayer. and thansk for suggesting philipians too, that book really is encouraging. and i'll check out those jokes in that section.

Anti Existance: thanks for the b-day song lol and ty for the cute joke, made me smile. :)

FireLight09: thanks for the reminder that i need to keep a happy face on no matter what.

thank you all for ur time. you are all so sweet to respond.
be exceedingly abundantly above all u can ask or think blessed. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums