Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Their would be no need for a creator if the universe as always existed. That’s why now their trying to get away from the Big Bang which they have to come up with some explanation on what caused something from nothing. If the universe has always
Existed then a creator is diminished a little bit

In science, it is unknown if the universe existed in another form prior to the big bang. Some hypothetical ideas involving an infinitely existing universe have been described, such as the whole big bang to big crunch idea. Other proposals have suggested multiple universes and the creation of the big bang by fluctuations in the space-time medium. But really, science is currently incapable of determining if the universe has always existed (perhaps in other forms) or not. If an atheist wants to argue that it always existed, then it is their responsibility to support that claim, which is difficult to do. Likewise, you won't have much luck arguing that the big bang came about ex nihilo either, as many hypotheses currently exist which suggest that the universe or other universes have existed prior to the big bang.

Upvote 0

ChetSinger

Apr 18, 2006
✟124,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
So i wanna make sure i answer this throughly. Here’s his questions after we talked about atheist wanting a infinite universe instead of dealing with the Big Bang. Any suggestions on what do actually say. I’m trying to find the polls now.

View attachment 268203
Hello Eklypised!

Talking to him is probably fruitless. The first evangelists I became acquainted with called such people "tanks". That is, they're covered in armor and blast away at you. He has rejected the gospel so you're free to knock his dust from your feet and walk away. And if you give him pearls do you think he might trample them underfoot and attack you? You are an adopted child of God and are already seated in the heavenly realm with Christ; please consider whether he's worth your time.

Did Western scientists in the 19th century believe in an infinite universe? You betcha. It was called the "steady-state" universe. When the big bang was first proposed by Georges Lemaître, a physicist and Catholic priest, it met early resistance from physicists partly because it postulated that the universe had a beginning, which smacked of the Bible.

A 'beginning' still smacks of the Bible, and now they have proposed other methods to eliminate it: the multiverse, infinite collapses/bangs, etc. None of these have been tested, and they're probably not testable at all, given our viewpoint is limited to the earth.

I suggest continuing to study creation apologetics wherever your curiousity takes you. And not being bothered by people who have no interest in Christ.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Resha Caner

Expert Fool
Sep 16, 2010
✟155,600.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Their would be no need for a creator if the universe as always existed. That’s why now their trying to get away from the Big Bang which they have to come up with some explanation on what caused something from nothing. If the universe has always

1) The Big Bang never claimed a temporary universe
2) You are assuming scientists who posit an eternal universe are motivated solely by a desire to avoid God. That is a poor, unsubstantiated, polemic, and likely wrong assumption.
3) Those who posit an infinite or eternal universe are giving you an opportunity. Use it that way.

4) The Big Bang has nothing to do with evolution. Can we PLEASE create a cosmology subforum? Maybe even a genesis subforum.

Reactions: muichimotsu
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So i wanna make sure i answer this throughly. Here’s his questions after we talked about atheist wanting a infinite universe instead of dealing with the Big Bang. Any suggestions on what do actually say. I’m trying to find the polls now.

View attachment 268203

I have found out a long time ago not to debate with atheists. If you try to tell them of your experiences with God and or the amazing evidences that back up His Word it would be like casting pearls before swine. They will not be convinced to accept Jesus by your winning a clever argument on Science, either. Preach the gospel to them and tell them God loves them and how he does not want them to perish and move on. Debating with atheists and or trying to defend the truth of our universe is a waste of time.

Anyways, we know God's Word is true. There are tons of evidences for His Word.

Love Branch: Evidences for the Word of God

They will just trample these kinds of evidences and attack them.
Don't cast your pearls before swine. Just preach the gospel to them in love and shake the dust off your feet and preach God's love to others.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's kind of a disaster. Anyone who argues that scientists wanted the universe to be infinite would have a very difficult time demonstrating it.

Yes, atheistic scientists like Fred Hoyle did oppose the Big Bang because it suggests a beginning to the universe. But not all of them.

And yes, even though a Christian first proposed the Big Bang theory as a way to explain the evidence, the theory itself doesn't say anything about creation.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God lives outside the universe basically a different realm that we cannot see. He has always existed. So I see no problem with a universe that has always existed though I believe this not to be true in scripture. God created the light in darkness. It is possible darkness has always existed until God put light into it while living outside His creation. Also there is no such thing as nothing. Even nothing is something. Darkness, emptiness these are something. God filled emptiness which we call nothing with light. But trying to explain that to an Atheist would be impossible, at least for now.
Be blessed

Last edited:
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

From the Bible where do you get the notion that God created a universe. It is stated many times that God created heaven and earth. But not one time in the Bible is it stated that God created a universe.

Upvote 0

KateforChrist

Koalas are NOT bears
Nov 18, 2019
Sydney
✟27,373.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
From the Bible where do you get the notion that God created a universe. It is stated many times that God created heaven and earth. But not one time in the Bible is it stated that God created a universe.

John 1:3 (KJV)

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

ChetSinger

Apr 18, 2006
✟124,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
He created the stars. So I credit him with the universe.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

View attachment 268203

He may well have a good point....

Mellen-Thomas Benedict's Near-Death Experience

At this point of my near-death experience, I found myself in a profound stillness, beyond all silence. I could see or perceive FOREVER, beyond Infinity. I was in the Void.

I was in pre creation, before the Big Bang. I had crossed over the beginning of time / the First Word / the First vibration. I was in the Eye of Creation. I felt as if I was touching the Face of God. It was not a religious feeling. Simply, I was at one with Absolute Life and Consciousness. When I say that I could see or perceive forever, I mean that I could experience all of creation generating itself. It was without beginning and without end. That’s a mind-expanding thought, isn’t it? Scientists perceive the Big Bang as a single event that created the Universe. I saw during my life after death experience that the Big Bang is only one of an infinite number of Big Bangs creating Universes endlessly and simultaneously. The only images that even come close in human terms would be those created by super computers using fractal geometry equations.

Chapter thirteen of Stephen Hawking's Universe entitled the Anthropic Principles elaborates on an Atheistic / Agnostic version of what is termed the Cyclic Model of the Universe but a Theistic version is infinitely more logical.

www.CarbonBias.blogspot.ca/

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Absolutely! :amen:

And when Genesis 1:1 says "In the beginning, God created the heavens [plural] and the earth," that covers everything. Earth, stars, galaxies, comets, asteroids, you name it. The entire mind-blowingly large universe.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
He created the stars. So I credit him with the universe.

How closely have you read Genesis chapter 1, in Genesis 1 God states that He created a raqia that separates two bodies of water.
One of those bodies of water is the seas the other body of water was separated from the first body of water by the raqia. Which the Bible states is above the raqia ( English Bible translations have translated raqia as expanse, firmament, vault). Not only does Genesis state God created a raqia separating waters, but Genesis states that is where God placed the sun, moon and stars in the raqia between the two bodies of water.

Never in the Bible does the Bible state God created a universe where He placed the stars, sun or moon.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Prove from the Bible that God created a universe where He place stars, sun and moon.

Genesis 1 states otherwise.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How closely have you read Genesis chapter 1, in Genesis 1 God states that He created a raqia that separates two bodies of water.

I notice that you believe in a flat earth. The earth is not flat.

... and you're misinterpreting Genesis too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Prove from the Bible that God created a universe where He place stars, sun and moon.

Genesis 1 states otherwise.

No, Genesis 1 does not state "otherwise."

Genesis 1 does not address the "universe" at all in the specific context you are addressing it. You are attempting to construct an argument from silence.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
No, Genesis 1 does not state "otherwise."

Genesis 1 does not address the "universe" at all in the specific context you are addressing it. You are attempting to construct an argument from silence.

There is no need for Genesis to address the universe, because God did not create a universe. Again over and over when a person speaks about Gods creation it is always heaven and earth

Upvote 0

ChetSinger

Apr 18, 2006
✟124,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
One of those bodies of water is the seas the other body of water was separated from the first body of water by the raqia. Which the Bible states is above the raqia ( English Bible translations have translated raqia as expanse, firmament, vault). Not only does Genesis state God created a raqia separating waters, but Genesis states that is where God placed the sun, moon and stars in the raqia between the two bodies of water.

Never in the Bible does the Bible state God created a universe where He placed the stars, sun or moon.
But it does say he created the stars. In verse 16. So I believe that he did.

As an aside, are you a flat-earther?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
But it does say he created the stars. In verse 16. So I believe that he did.

As an aside, are you a flat-earther?

I never said God did not create stars, but i do say God did not create a universe where people believe stars are. Stars are exactly where God placed them and in Genesis 1 states they are in the raqia.

yes

Upvote 0

ChetSinger

Apr 18, 2006
✟124,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I never said God did not create stars, but i do say God did not create a universe where people believe stars are. Stars are exactly where God placed them and in Genesis 1 states they are in the raqia.

yes
Okay. I don't think this relates to the OP so I'm not going any further here.

Upvote 0