Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seriously? How can you say the the bible was not written for us.. Maybe Moses and the other authors did not know it.. but our creator did for sure.
There are MANY scriptures that say the Bible was written for us. We should be asking: how can anyone say the Bible was NOT written for us and for our sake? Do you not remember Daniel 12:4 "Daniel, roll up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end." Not only were these words written for us today, they were sealed, they were written JUST for future generations. As a general rule scripture applies to everyone from all time and all ages. There are exceptions though and some things were written just for us. God speaks to the future generations that have not even been born yet. David tells us that God writes the book of our life before we are even born. Psalm 139:16 "Your eyes saw my unformed body; all my days were written in Your book and ordained for me before one of them came to be. 17 How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God, how vast is their sum!" God's thoughts for us are more then we can comprehend. He has to bring things down to our level of understanding. The first letter of this word is Reish. This talks about how God has to bend down and humble Himself to speak to us on our level. The same way as an adult has to bend down to the level of a child if we (they) want to teach them.

The "Jewish" people today are very aware of their calling. They are well aware of their mission as the least of all nations, yet they are called to represent God. "For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope." Romans 15:4 (written for our instruction)

2 Timothy 3:16,17
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for instruction, for conviction, for correction, and for training in righteousness. So that the man of God may be complete, fully equipped for every good work.

Romans 4:23 Now the words “it was credited to him” were written not only for Abraham, 24but also for us, to whom righteousness will be credited

1 Corinthians 10:11
Now these things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the fulfillment of the ages has come.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, please use your eyes to read. I said none of the Bible was written to us, try not to be half baked in the future
Most of the Bible was written for all people of all generations. But some of the Bible was written for our sake in this generation. The "Jewish" people have always been aware of their mission to deliver the message of God to the world. They are well aware that there are scriptures written not for their sake but for our sake they were written.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The Biblical text does not tell us God created everything inv six literal days. If it did, nothing He created - rocks, seas, plants, animals, and microscopic things - would have existed 4.6 billion-6 million years ago. I don't know how you can say this and still deny it is possible for what scientists discovered to be proof the Creation did not not happen in six literal days. Why don't you go look up articles about evolution?

If you tihnk it is possible for the Creation to happen in six literal days, there is no reason to doubt it could have been created in a much longer time. No, it is not any speculation on my part because I KNOW THE FACTS.

If you still can't understand it, you just want to be ignorant.
When Adam was created.... was he zero years old or was he a grown man?

Secondly... The biblical text does tell us it was six literal days as the text most definitely states "There was evening, there was morning.... Do you have to be hit in the head with a brick?

"there was evening, there was morning, the first day"... Does not mean "there was evening there was 1000 years".

I asked before and nobody answered...

Can you tell me why He would need more time?

Do you think it is beyond His capabilities?

Do you think He has fed us a false sense of time?

Why do you think He explicitly stated "There was evening, there was morning, the first day" for each and every day?

Do you think that God knew that people would slander His six day creation and fabricate nonsense about His timeline?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Obviously the Dragon with seven heads and ten horns is not literal. You can find an explanation in Daniel. It is talking about seven nation/kingdoms and ten leaders
The "seven nation/kingdoms and ten leaders" are still literal.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The truth is evolution was simply not mentioned in it, which is totally different from saying it never happend.

Well, there is your true colors.... the TOE.... which is total anti God sputum.

If there was no death before the fall... then the TOE is garbage. Adam was created by God's hands and God breathed the breath of life into his nostrils.. Then God made the first female human from Adams rib..

I guess if you can deny that this solid scripture is true.. you can deny that the creation was six literal days, even when it is specifically described as such.

From there, it's a down hill slide to deny all the scripture that you "don't like" or that doesn't fit with the fantasies of some guy in a white lab coat.

Thus my theory holds that if the salvation of your mortal soul did not depend on the miraculous and supernatural events of Christs life........ you would deny them too.

If evolution never happened, the Earth never would have a climate change or anything that was created after "the sixth day" and no original species would be extinct today. We would not be homo sapiens. Just look around you. Listen to the animals and rain. Smell plants. Go the beach and forest. What you will see are many objects that existed much longer than 6 days before Adam did.

These assumptions hold no water. It's sad that Christians are spewing this apostate garbage.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Since Gods day can be a thousand years how do you know that after the first day of creation it took more than 24 hrs to 999years to create the second creation, etc?
Just to add more confusion.
Because, the scripture that you are using to state such and idea was only meant to tell you that God exists outside of the space time continuum. He is not caged by time.....

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
We know that humans did not exist along with the dinosaurs. That does not mean the human like footprints are a fake. They are just of unknown origin.
Oh, you know this? What about Job and the leviathan and behemoth.....???

You know nothing........John Snow...

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When Adam was created.... was he zero years old or was he a grown man?
Adam had a belly button. He was born into this world the same way everyone is born into the world. He came with all the same "junk" DNA that everyone is born with. The "Jewish" people have a lot of inbreeding and a lot of genetic diseases. That is why they have studied their DNA extensively and we know so much about them. One study has been on the Cohen gene. Vast numbers of people in the middle east are descended from Abraham. They carry his genetic marker. The Jewish people are descended from Sarah. The Muslim people are descended from Hagar the Egyptian maid of Sarah. Even though this should be the opposite because Babylon was a nation before Egypt.

The idea that Eve came from his rib would indicate that she was his "sister". They had the same mother (matriarch) and shared the same MtDNA. Solomon 4:9 "You have stolen my heart, my sister, my bride" Sarah also was Abraham's (half) sister & his wife.

I very much have this situation today. I have freckles. I get that "mutated" gene from my mother. That means that anyone that has freckles is going to share a common ancestor with me. Mostly that means Scottish, Irish and wales on my mothers side. I ran the DNA on my son and it came out the way I thought it would.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Interesting article. I've read in other literature that they've found bones in coal seams (both human and "other") but I don't recall ever reading that particular story. That may have been the source material that the other article I read had gotten their information from; but I don't know, because it was more of a generalized article questioning the age of coal, oil and how these fossil fuels are actually formed.

Good article though.
They have also found a bell, a doll, a necklace and a metal hammer that they cannot figure out how it was forged due to the complex metallurgy that we cannot duplicate today and it does not rust.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
This thread is about origins. Where did things come from? Where do they fit in the time line.

In order for this hypothesis to be true; all sorts of laws God established would have to be violated and violated by God Himself!

We know one species does not arise from others. Humans did not come from monkeys. All life on this planet did not evolve from some undefined primordial "goo".

Scripture says God made everything after its own kind. Angels and men are not the same "kind". If you can't cross dogs and cats, why would you think you could cross humans and angels?

Scripture also says that angels don't marry or are given in marriage. Jesus says marriage is for the children of this world because death reigns. We also know that angels don't die in the same sense as carbon based life does. The lifespan of angels is from the point they were created until judgement day. Because they don't suffer death in the same way carbon based life does, thus eliminates the need to reproduce. And if a certain form of entity does not reproduce; there'd be no reason for God to give (them) organs to that end.

Angels are also fundamentally different in nature than carbon based life. Thus angels can not create life; only God can do that. Now would God violate the rules that govern His own creation in producing some sort of angelic / human hybrid life form? Does that really make sense?

The only combination Spirit / carbon based life form that ever existed was Jesus Christ. (Who, by the way never reproduced although he was obviously capable of doing so!) So if the only combination Spirit / human life form who was capable of reproducing was restrained from doing so despite the desire to follow the command that said "be fruitful and multiply"; why on earth would anyone ever conclude that God would not only create genitals for entities who could never use them and allow them to violate His own principles (mind you a place He Him/himself wouldn't even go) and allow them to do something only He has the power and authority to do - which is create life.

Think of the implication of that belief.
There are other threads on this topic... I will comment on those threads and not perpetuate any debate on this subject here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I'm saying that if He did create it in a literal six days, which I will not argue He is capable of doing, then why did He do such with the appearance of millions even billions of years...?

It is pretty certainly evident by the evidence that it is millions, to some few billions of years old... And if He did create it in a literal six days, then He also created to deceptively appear millions to billions of years old, or to have happened over millions to billions of years, which my God does not do... He does not deceive or lie, so it must be our interpretations and assumptions that it was done in six literal days, or even 6000 years, that are "wrong" is all...

When He says that one of His days "is as a thousand years", I do not think He meant it literally... but meant it to convey that one of His days is "very, very, very long", beyond comprehension to the ancients of those days back then...

And what is an "evening and a morning" to God anyway, I mean he does not count his days by the light and the dark of the way we do with the way the earth turns and revolves around the sun and has light and dark because of it, etc...

It must mean an era or epoch or an age...

God Bless!
Did He create it with the appearance of millions of years.. or is it mans arrogance that deems that the observations show these years.

God makes it pretty clear and basically spells it out for us... But, some guy in a white lab coat, who is atheistic... tells you different so you believe him.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since Gods day can be a thousand years how do you know that after the first day of creation it took more than 24 hrs to 999years to create the second creation, etc? Just to add more confusion.
There is no confusion in the Bible because there was no "first" day. Because there can not be a first until there is a second. The Bible should say Day One. This was when God created a day. This has more to do with unity. Moses ben Nahman, commonly known as Nachmanides was the first to point this out.

Also the first day on the earth was a lot less then 24 hours. The rate the earth spins is slowing down. Although a year remains pretty much the same. The perfect day has not dawned yet. I would expect that would be day one of the new heavens and the new earth.

Proverbs 4:18 "But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day."

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
90% did not survive. Crocodiles and Turtles were a part of the 10% that did survive. They still live a long life and they continue to grow to become very big.

Niethy percent of what? Crocodile and turtle are names given to families, not singular species.

The biggest mass extinction in Earth's history was the end of the Permian period - the last one before the dinosaurs, birds, and mammals existed. That one killed 91 percent of all species.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm saying that if He did create it in a literal six days, which I will not argue He is capable of doing, then why did He do such with the appearance of millions even billions of years...?
Day one, commonly refereed to as the first day was a literal day in that all the days that followed were created using the pattern we find in the first day. As a carpenter we use patterns all the time and everything is a copy of that pattern. All the copies are the same because they come from the same pattern or template.

We are told that hidden in the first day was all ages and all generations. Col 1:26 "the mystery that was hidden for ages and generations but is now revealed to His saints," Isiah 46:10 "Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure". Psalm 33:11 "The counsel of the LORD stands forever, the purposes of His heart to all generations."

This is why we can go to the first letter of the first word and the whole story is contained in the symbol of what that letter represents. All of time is contained in the day one. What they mistakenly call the first day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The biggest mass extinction in Earth's history was the end of the Permian period - the last one before the dinosaurs, birds, and mammals existed. That one killed 91 percent of all species.
Yes and I use the nano diamond comet for a marker (not a cause). A day is 1,000 years but God did not create man until He put Adam in the garden of Eden on the 8th day. Before Adam no one had yet received the breath of life.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How on earth can you make such a comment?
I use science to show that Adam and Eve were real people that lived in a real garden. I believe Adam existed and was a real person. Abraham was descended from Adam and all of the Arab Continental plate was given to their descendants.

Haplogroup J-M304, also known as J, is a human Y-chromosome DNA haplogroup. It is believed to have evolved in Western Asia. The clade spread from there during the Neolithic, primarily into North Africa, the Horn of Africa, Socotra, the Caucasus, Southern Europe, West Asia, Central Asia, South Asia, and Southeast (wiki)

We can go into all of this if you want. I have not looked at it for a while so I am sure there are huge amounts of new information available because of all the research they do on this.

311250_53e6a6c2bbba0f4049f8fcad06e0b4b8.png

311251_fca05a1b0464f361e5dfde3af22113d1.jpg

Attachments

• HG_J1_(ADN-Y).png
    HG_J1_(ADN-Y).png
    37.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 2195601_orig (1).jpg
    2195601_orig (1).jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 2
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
If death didn't exist before genesis then there could be nothing living before Adam and Eve's sin.
Well there were things living before their sin... just nothing dying.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where did you get eight days from?
Science and the Bible. A day is equal to 1,000 years according to Moses and Peter. We are at the beginning of the 14th day. This is called the Kingdom age. The church age is soon coming to an end. Maybe as soon as 10 years. The people that will represent God during the Kingdom Age are refereed to as manifest sons of God. Adam and Eve were in the Garden of Eden on the 8th day. That was 5990 years ago. The New Jerusalem will take the entire Arab plate. That is 1500 by 1500 by 1500 miles. They will have all mineral rights and all airspace. They pretty much already control the airspace.

Upvote 0