National Coming Out Day

TheBellman

Aug 28, 2006
✟8,378.00
Faith
Atheist
At the risk of getting warned......I will say, what we say is different....but there is only one TRUTH WAY AND LIGHT...and that is Jesus.
And that's what everyone says - that THEIR way is the one true way. From a non-beleiver's standpoint, your claims are no different than theirs.

Upvote 0

RavenPoe

A soul in tension thats learning to fly
Sep 24, 2006
New Jersey
Visit site
✟11,709.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
It doesn't make sense that anyone who has not heard the gospel will get to go to heaven. If there is only one way to the father and that through Jesus, then all the people who haven't heard the gospel go to hell through no fault of their own.

Not what I'd call a very loving God, but it's what I was taught. It was rationalized that the person's ancestors rejected God because at one point all knew of him.

Upvote 0

TricksterWolf

Sep 15, 2006
Ohio
✟9,063.00
Faith
Taoist
Those that are unaware and die, get to go to heaven.

Those that are told by christians and the word of God and choose to ignore it...well they go someplace else.
I don't think most people "know the truth and choose to ignore it". I think they simply don't understand and don't believe. Those people don't know the truth at all.

Trickster

Upvote 0

TricksterWolf

Sep 15, 2006
Ohio
✟9,063.00
Faith
Taoist
So it would be best if you didn't tell anyone.
It seems only logical that people should not be witnessed to.

Or better yet, abortion and infanticide seem the only moral choice! You're sending them directly to heaven! The only person who chooses not to slaughter infants is one too selfish for his own soul to bother automatically saving others.

Trickster

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I remember when I came out to my family as bisexual. My Mom at first seemed not to be shocked but the shock kind of settled in after a day or two I guess. I have always been a celibate bisexual meaning that I have never had a same sex relationship or encounter. I never will either.

Upvote 0

united4Peace

Contributor
Jun 28, 2006
Alberta
✟26,223.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I remember when I came out to my family as bisexual. My Mom at first seemed not to be shocked but the shock kind of settled in after a day or two I guess. I have always been a celibate bisexual meaning that I have never had a same sex relationship or encounter. I never will either.
I didnt know that you were bisexual.
I didnt realize I was until after I was married.

Wont go into details, but sexuality is one heck of a thing that God has given us whether we stay celebate or not.

Kudo's on staying celebate, yet being proud of who you are as a person, not only mentally but sexually as well, your whole person I guess, how God made you (nothing ever sounds how one wants it too while typing:sorry: )...
:)

Upvote 0

chalice_thunder

Senior Veteran
Jan 13, 2004
Seattle
Visit site
✟7,202.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Because it is our duty to be truthful...even a secularist has to agree that we need to be truthful.

So if I tell you the Gospel truth what you do with that infornation is up to you.

We will be guilty of not spreading the truth to others.
Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words.

It is no use walking anywhere to preach unless our walking is our preaching.

- St. Francis of Assisi

Upvote 0

chalice_thunder

Senior Veteran
Jan 13, 2004
Seattle
Visit site
✟7,202.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
And that's what everyone says - that THEIR way is the one true way. From a non-beleiver's standpoint, your claims are no different than theirs.
The difference is:
We believe we ARE following Jesus, AND
we wouldn't think of suggesting that you are NOT following him as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TricksterWolf

Sep 15, 2006
Ohio
✟9,063.00
Faith
Taoist
Cool. :)

I can't ever say "I'll never..." to anything, though. Circumstances haven't completed me yet. :) I've done lots of things I thought I never would.

Trickster

Upvote 0
J

JesusWalks78

Congratulations, I was reading a book called THE CHRIST AMONG US, it says that HOMOSEXUALITY the act is not right, but being HOMOSEXAUL is not a sin as long as youd ont act on it, I will pray that God continues to strengthen you. DO not concern yourself to much with it because this book also says that we are all sinners, my sin is my anger I fight it daily.

I am not making excuses, but I have been trained in the martial arts since I was four, I worked my way through college as a bouncer and I grew up in some of the worst neighbourhoods in Suva. Generally i dont speak much (you wouldnt guess that huh), but i have been known to let my fists speak and have hurt and at one time killed a person (something I dont want to talk about). All those years of learning to be brutal, it is kind of ingrained in my soul.

There is a story called ANDROCLES AND THE LION

moz-screenshot-1.jpg
moz-screenshot-2.jpg
http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/4003

.....there is a christian about to be martyred but he picks up a sword...I can identify with that man, it is my struggle and I have lost the battle many times. I try to emulate the peacefulness of christ, but I have been filled with a warrior spirit and pray daily that it will not lead to my downfall.

Upvote 0

Exhausted

Oct 16, 2005
Earth
✟3,462.00
Faith
Christian
Congratulations, I was reading a book called THE CHRIST AMONG US, it says that HOMOSEXUALITY the act is not right, but being HOMOSEXAUL is not a sin as long as youd ont act on it, I will pray that God continues to strengthen you. DO not concern yourself to much with it because this book also says that we are all sinners, my sin is my anger I fight it daily.

I am not making excuses, but I have been trained in the martial arts since I was four, I worked my way through college as a bouncer and I grew up in some of the worst neighbourhoods in Suva. Generally i dont speak much (you wouldnt guess that huh), but i have been known to let my fists speak and have hurt and at one time killed a person (something I dont want to talk about). All those years of learning to be brutal, it is kind of ingrained in my soul.

There is a story called ANDROCLES AND THE LION

.....there is a christian about to be martyred but he picks up a sword...I can identify with that man, it is my struggle and I have lost the battle many times. I try to emulate the peacefulness of christ, but I have been filled with a warrior spirit and pray daily that it will not lead to my downfall.
Whenever anyone uses CAPS I am immediently convinced I should NOT LISTEN to them.

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am thinking of letting some of my friends know that I'm a Christian. Of course, they'll want to know whether I do any of the horrible stuff they see from Christians on TV. I expect a lot of hassle because a lot of people assume that, because they see Christians on TV explaining how torture is "necessary" and anyway it's "not really torture", that everyone who is Christian is the same way.

So in a way, part of the point of "coming out" is to let them know that the stereotypes aren't always accurate, and there's more to groups than what you see on TV.

Reactions: fillerbunny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums