National Coming Out Day

keltic63

Jul 12, 2006
✟8,037.00
Faith
Christian
The More You Know 'em, The More You Love 'em

HRC via BBSNews 2006-10-11 -- WASHINGTON - Two studies are being released this Wednesday, October 11, as Americans nationwide commemorate National Coming Out Day. The two new studies show that more Americans are becoming personally acquainted with gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (GLBT) community, and thereby, are also increasingly becoming more supportive of equality. These two new studies quantify the GLBT march for equality moving in a direction of increased support for equal rights under the law as more GLBT Americans live their lives more openly.

mpshiel

Senior Veteran
Nov 22, 2003
I've been told "Sodom" so I guess that's close eno
Visit site
✟11,734.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In a prepared statement both Spiderman and Superman came out as gay today:

Superman: "Hello, I use any excuse to get into some all body spandex and I keep telling the women I rescue that "I'm not interested". When are people going to figure it out?"

Sam and Bilblo marked this day as they did many in thier 15 year relationship: by taking another "long walk in the woods."

Bilbo stated: "It took me a long time to figure out what Sam meant; I mean he was always clinging on to me saying things like, "I won't leave you", "Whereever you go I will to" and "You really look hot in that jerkin", but it was in Mordor when we though we were going to die and he said, "Oh well, we'll both be dead soon" before he started kissing me. You might say things just developed from there."

In other news Cagney and Lacey have come out as a lesbian couple:

"For years we fooled people by saying our relationship was only professional, but that's just not true" Cagney told assembled media, "Luckily we've only ever dated and married gay guys, which has worked for us and them, but now that charade can end."

Xena Princess Warrior and the Charlies Angels will be leading tinseltowns "Coming Out Day Parade"

Upvote 0

keltic63

Jul 12, 2006
✟8,037.00
Faith
Christian
In other news Cagney and Lacey have come out as a lesbian couple:

"For years we fooled people by saying our relationship was only professional, but that's just not true" Cagney told assembled media, "Luckily we've only ever dated and married gay guys, which has worked for us and them, but now that charade can end."

Lot's of people could see through their "beards" and figure out that they were a couple!

Upvote 0

keltic63

Jul 12, 2006
✟8,037.00
Faith
Christian
c'mon folks! Open that door!
cherry_door.jpg

Upvote 0

bammertheblue

Veteran
Feb 10, 2006
Washington, DC
✟10,377.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
One of my friends actually has a picture of me, in Germany, rather intoxicated...I decided it would be a good idea to hide in the hotel room closet and stick my head out (Shut up, I was 16, it was funny at the time) and she got a picture.
So yes, I have come out of the closet, and yes, there are pictures. :p ^_^

Upvote 0

Mandrake

Brother Cattle Prod of Reasoned Discussion
Mar 5, 2006
✟9,578.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Sam and Bilblo marked this day as they did many in thier 15 year relationship: by taking another "long walk in the woods."

Bilbo stated: "It took me a long time to figure out what Sam meant; I mean he was always clinging on to me saying things like, "I won't leave you", "Whereever you go I will to" and "You really look hot in that jerkin", but it was in Mordor when we though we were going to die and he said, "Oh well, we'll both be dead soon" before he started kissing me. You might say things just developed from there."

Sam and Frodo rather?

In either case we had a pride rally on campus last night to get the word about it out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mrs.Sidhe

Jan 11, 2005
East Central Georgia
✟5,040.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
UGA (which is the biggest campus nearby) is having a big Coming Out Day thingy with a door you can walk through and such! I think its great..(especially now that the college group Lambda there is now being more accepting of bisexuals there and welcomes their input and their presence at functions.)

Huzzah and !woot!

Upvote 0

Battie

Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Northern Virginia
Visit site
✟9,989.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Bleh... the only mention I saw of this today was that some jerk had written "celebrate straight pride" in enormous letters in chalk in front of the cafeteria.

You know, I understand that not everyone is okay with gays, but to people have to be so blindly disrespectful of others? But we're not even allowed a GSA on this campus. I really respect gay Christians for being able to put up with all that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TricksterWolf

Sep 15, 2006
Ohio
✟9,063.00
Faith
Taoist
Am I the only one who thinks it would be poetic if Coming Out Day and Talk Like a Pirate Day were the same day?
No, no, that would be Talk Like a Butt Pirate Day.

(waits patiently to be banned from CF forever...)

Trickster

Upvote 0

NPH

Jul 25, 2005
✟6,871.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
No, no, that would be Talk Like a Butt Pirate Day.

(waits patiently to be banned from CF forever...)

Trickster

This whole thread will probably be looked at as a "list of posters who need to be banned" lol.

OTH, that was pretty funny Karate. :p

"Argh, I be gay, says I."

"*Squawk* he's gay, he's gay, Polly want a latte"

Upvote 0

christalee4

Senior Veteran
Apr 11, 2005
✟5,083.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I am old enough to remember how it was in the 1960's and it amazes me how far our society has come along in terms of general tolerance. No matter how hard some are trying to reverse the course and bring culture and laws back to the bad old days.

What a lot of young people today don't know is how many men and women back then hid their true selves within the guise of being happily married suburbanites. For years, men would remain unhappily married, hoping upon hope that their gayness would go away once they had children, or were married a certain number of years. Only until the 1970's and 1980's, did some of them come out in the midst of gay rights, and declare what who they really were. And some of them never did come out, and died without revealing who they were, still ashamed and afraid to come out. To this day, many still hide.

Upvote 0