NASA Scientists Present Theory About Why We Haven't Met Other Intelligent Life. It's Crushing.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not to mention pushing matter beyond the speed of light, or even very close to it, is believed by many to be impossible as well...
The Bible records several incidents of people violating the laws of nature and doing things that science says can't be done; yet science today still maintains it never happened.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The Bible records several incidents of people violating the laws of nature and doing things that science says can't be done; yet science today still maintains it never happened.
Matter flies apart or explodes or loses it cohesion as those speeds, and also becomes infinitely heavy as well, but maybe if we could find a way to create some kind of portal or wormhole of some kind maybe? Or alter normal space in some way? Then it might be possible maybe?

But I still tend to think that some kind of supernatural divine intervention of some sort happens with all of them before then, and we go back to a much more reasonable and logical existence of living in balance and harmony with nature and our planet and our environments that lasts until they/you/me are all spirited away by the higher beings that saved them and/or created them and made them, etc, and that's why we don't see of hear from them maybe, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Matter flies apart or explodes or loses it cohesion as those speeds, and also becomes infinitely heavy as well, but maybe if we could find a way to create some kind of portal or wormhole of some kind maybe? Or alter normal space in some way? Then it might be possible maybe?

But I still tend to think that some kind of supernatural divine intervention of some sort happens with all of them before then, and we go back to a much more reasonable and logical existence of living in balance and harmony with nature and our planet and our environments that lasts until they/you/me are all spirited away by the higher beings that saved them and/or created them and made them, etc, and that's why we don't see of hear from them maybe, etc...

God Bless!
Oh, and then there is what happens to time at those speeds as well, etc...

Anyway, all kinds of problems/issues really...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟177,471.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
NASA scientists have explained in a new paper why they believe it’s likely we haven’t ever encountered intelligent extraterrestrial life — and it’s heartbreaking.

All intelligent life, they argue, has likely destroyed itself before reaching a sophisticated enough point in evolution to support such an encounter. And the same fate likely awaits humans unless we take action, they believe.

The “Great Filter” theory — as in “filtering out” various forms of life — argues that other civilizations, possibly several, have existed during the life of the universe. But they all destroyed themselves before they could make contact with Earth, noted the paper, “Avoiding the ‘Great Filter’: Extraterrestrial Life and Humanity’s Future in the Universe.”

...The scientists fear that all intelligent life, such as humans, have deeply ingrained dysfunctions that may “snowball quickly into the Great Filter,” they wrote.

“The key to humanity successfully traversing such a universal filter is… identifying [destructive] attributes in ourselves and neutralizing them in advance,” astrophysicist Jonathan Jiang and his coauthors wrote....

The trick, the biggest challenge of all, will be to work together to survive, the researchers said.

Check out the full paper here.
Ho hum .. yawn ... yet another Paradoxer (of the Fermi variety).
He should just get on with shutting up and calculating.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I seriously doubt that is going to happen.

Science's attitude -- (anything God can do, we can do too) -- is going to end in a big disappointment for them.
Neogaia777 said:
But I still tend to think that some kind of supernatural divine intervention of some sort happens with all of them before then, and we go back to a much more reasonable and logical existence of living in balance and harmony with nature and our planet ...
We like to say that Jesus holds everything together.

Colossians 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
Neogaia777 said:
... and our environments that lasts until they/you/me are all spirited away by the higher beings that saved them and/or created them and made them, etc, and that's why we don't see of hear from them maybe, etc...
We aren't going to be "spirited away" by a group of beings.

We are going to be "spirited away" -- (raptured) -- by Jesus Christ singlehandedly.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh, and then there is what happens to time at those speeds as well, etc...

Anyway, all kinds of problems/issues really...

God Bless!
Yes -- the Bible is problematic for today's scientists.

Acts 9:5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

We're a thorn in their collective sides today.

And it's going to get worse, before it gets better.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I seriously doubt that is going to happen.

Science's attitude -- (anything God can do, we can do too) -- is going to end in a big disappointment for them.We like to say that Jesus holds everything together.

Colossians 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
We aren't going to be "spirited away" by a group of beings.

We are going to be "spirited away" -- (raptured) -- by Jesus Christ singlehandedly.
I mostly completely agree with you, etc...

And where I might only slightly disagree with you, is only due to the rest of you not knowing all of the details yet, which really are not all that ultimately important anyway, etc...

What is important is that you believe upon the One that God the Father sent (Jesus Christ), and other than that I'm going to leave you be...

Be Blessed.

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
At sub-light speeds, travel to other planets/habitable systems is highly restricted, but possibly doable with a few advancements in our current technology maybe...

Say we developed the technology to find for certain habitable planets first, and then let's say we found one, or a few, and let's say around 50 light years away, etc, then let's also say we could travel at 1/4 light speed, and then also maybe the ability to put human beings into cyro-sleep, etc, and then we would probably also need it to all be automatic and run by computer, etc, and maybe a very advanced computer or AI to pilot it, etc, well, then we could probably launch something at least, but it would take 200 years to get there, but if we could do something maybe like that at least, even if humans destroyed themselves here, at least the human race would have another chance at continuing to go on, and the whole race would maybe not become extinct maybe, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
At sub-light speeds, travel to other planets/habitable systems is highly restricted, but possibly doable with a few advancements in our current technology maybe...

Say we developed the technology to find for certain habitable planets first, and then let's say we found one, or a few, and let's say around 50 light years away, etc, then let's also say we could travel at 1/4 light speed, and then also maybe the ability to put human beings into cyro-sleep, etc, and then we would probably also need it to all be automatic and run by computer, etc, and maybe a very advanced computer or AI to pilot it, etc, well, then we could probably launch something at least, but it would take 200 years to get there, but if we could do something maybe like that at least, even if humans destroyed themselves here, at least the human race would have another chance at continuing to go on, and the whole race would maybe not become extinct maybe, etc...

God Bless!
And maybe we could call it and Ark or a Lifeboat maybe, I don't know...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

God Bless!
Developing all that kind of technology we would need in time though, is the major problem here though I think...

Some kind of engine that could do this would also be needed, etc...

We are still a ways off from even any of that/this though if you ask me though I think, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

God Bless!

And maybe we could call it and Ark or a Lifeboat maybe, I don't know...?

God Bless!

Developing all that kind of technology we would need in time though, is the major problem here though I think...

Some kind of engine that could do this would also be needed, etc...

We are still a ways off from even any of that/this though if you ask me though I think, etc...

God Bless!

We really should stop trying to destroy ourselves, and our world here though...

It's quite literally insane what we're doing right now, etc...

And humanity is very sick for doing it right now, etc...

And it may already be too late anyway, as the planet is already starting to turn on us right now, etc...

By the time we repent it will have already been too late I think...

I suggest we all collectively pray for divine intervention quick, etc...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I like the X-File and Biblical notion that we are poison and no one wants anything to do with us so we've been quarantined until the inevitable result of our self centred ways.
That's what I was expecting the article to be about based on the tittle of the thread.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Personally I think if there is intelligent life on other planets, there is not be a way to travel from one solar system to another. Light speed, warp speed, and going through wormholes etc. are all a products of science fiction.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟927,429.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Personally I think if there is intelligent life on other planets, there is not be a way to travel from one solar system to another. Light speed, warp speed, and going through wormholes etc. are all a products of science fiction.
I think the issue is the scale of the universe is that there could be billions of advanced species... but still never meet one another given the scale of time and space.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Also I think there's the fact that intelligent life existed on Earth for thousands of years before the light bulb was invited. All those thousands of years people had candles and traveled by horse, even though they were just as intelligent then as we are now.

So to me the real question isn't are we the only intelligent life in the universe. It's are we the only intelligent life in the universe that suddenly had an industrial revolution which lead to where we've been technologically for the last mere 150 years?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I think the issue is the scale of the universe is that there could be billions of advanced species... but still never meet one another given the scale of time and space.
Scale of time and space and durations in time of intelligent species maybe...? if they are prone to destroying themselves before being able to spread or further themselves into more or other areas, etc...

We are the blink of an eye, or the snap of a finger, in the scale of cosmic time compared to other species, etc, and considering they/you/me probably existed at many different various times...?

Anyway... Maybe we have encountered aliens or other intelligent species already, etc, because maybe the ones who survived, maybe they found their solution, or way of escape to their condition or plight, through or by evolving in a way to contain, or travel, or carry their essence or being, by maybe being able to exceed or go beyond the limitations of matter and/or physical material maybe...?

Because I think that could be another possibility maybe, etc...

Some might say a very remote one, but I'm maybe not so sure about that maybe, etc...?

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Also I think there's the fact that intelligent life existed on Earth for thousands of years before the light bulb was invited. All those thousands of years people had candles and traveled by horse, even though they were just as intelligent then as we are now.

So to me the real question isn't are we the only intelligent life in the universe. It's are we the only intelligent life in the universe that suddenly had an industrial revolution which lead to where we've been technologically for the last mere 150 years?
Some inventions depended on other inventions being developed before them, etc...

Aerodynamics for example, etc, was discovered in the 1500's or 1600's, but without the invention of the internal combustion engine, or thought of harnessing explosions, which also necessitated the invention or discovery of things that could be exploded, etc, (refining crude oil into gasoline, etc) (and gunpowder and guns being invented and discovered also, etc) (TNT and the steam engine also, etc) anyway, some things were discovered or invented a long time ago already, but needed other things to be discovered or invented in order to cause them to become realized, etc, and I think there is some predictable predictability to that, that would fully apply to all other intelligent life, and other intelligent species, etc...?

And not just technology, but knowledge in general as well, etc...

It has some kind of "evolution" to it that is fully predictable to ones that might already be in the know, etc...

God Bless!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Shemjaza
Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟927,429.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Also I think there's the fact that intelligent life existed on Earth for thousands of years before the light bulb was invited. All those thousands of years people had candles and traveled by horse, even though they were just as intelligent then as they are now.

Cultural shifts and necessary pieces of technology cascading into further developments.

Scale of time and space and durations in time of intelligent species maybe...? if they are prone to destroying themselves before being able to spread or further themselves into more or other areas, etc...?

We are the blink of an eye, or the snap of a finger, in the scale of cosmic time compared to other species, etc, and considering they/you/me probably existed at many different various times...?

Anyway... Maybe we have encountered aliens or other intelligent species already, etc, because maybe the ones who survived, maybe they found their solution, or way of escape to their condition or plight, through or by evolving in a way to contain, or travel, or carry their essence or being, by maybe being able to exceed or go beyond the limitations of matter and/or physical material maybe...?

Because I think that could be another possibility maybe, etc...

Some might say a very remote one, but I'm maybe not so sure about that maybe, etc...?

God Bless!

I'm not sure what more advanced technology is possible and practical in reality.

It may be that constructing interstellar craft that can actually survive the distances across the galaxy will be too expensive even to a civilisation that has access to the whole Solar system.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm not sure what more advanced technology is possible and practical in reality.

I tried to get into that some in post #28...

It may be that constructing interstellar craft that can actually survive the distances across the galaxy will be too expensive even to a civilisation that has access to the whole Solar system.

And a civilization that still has things being "too expensive" as still a part of them and on their mind maybe, etc...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0