Contributor
Jun 7, 2004
Brisbane
✟20,513.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
AU-Labor
I did it the last two years and successfully got to 50k+... I dunno, I found it useful in a sense, but I found that I mostly wrote horrendously long-winded rubbish that would need to be rewritten/edited majorly, and as a consequence both of my novels have sat on my hard drive doing nothing... One of the things I disliked about the whole NaNoWriMo thing was the way some people didn't take it seriously, and wrote 50,000 word association words, or other drivel... which kind of spoils the whole experience a bit.

Upvote 0
Feb 4, 2002
Alabama
✟23,450.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
me? no. i don't even know if i'm participating this year. classes are pretty much consuming my life. i didn't have a plot until the end of october last year and my characters didn't form until very beginning of november. once november gets closer i'll come to a final decision.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lady_Firehawk

With new mint flavor crystals!
Mar 20, 2004
Evergreen State College
✟10,685.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I thought I wasn't gonna be able to this year on account of Coast Guard stuff, but with the way things are now with me I'm probably not shipping out till about January-ish... so I'm going for a second round and hopefully a second win! :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FireRock

Call me a dreamer of the seemingly unattainable...
Aug 23, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
✟20,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Okay, I saw this thread and it intrigued me, or maybe it was another thread here like it, but that's beside the point. Anyways, I wandered through the forums and such on the nanowrimo site and I finally signed up today.

I think I'm actually going to try and do it. I'm trying to psych myself out for it because I have no life so it might be easier than I think. No matter, it will be a grand adventure and I hope to meet interesting people.

I noticed on the Writing Groups and Clubs forum that there wasn't a spot for us CFers on there anywhere. Sadness, but I suppose people belong to a bunch of different groups...especially with all the blogs like LiveJournal, myspace, Xanga, etc.

I have a couple of ideas for a plot, but nothing really concrete. Yes, psyching mysefl out some more. :p

Upvote 0